Duke4.net Forums: MIDI Volume Weirdness - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MIDI Volume Weirdness

User is offline   LeoD 

Certain MIDI files, like the dethtoll.MID (Attached File  dethtoll.MID.zip (3.26K)
Number of downloads: 116) included in Devastator's Dawn in Arctic, force playback at full volume when a user map is [re]started from within the game. All EDuke32 builds since 2006-05-14 seem affected. (Btw, are older ones available?) Duke3dw and the DOS executable handle it correctly.

Reproduce:
- Set the music playback to a very low volume.
- Restart EDuke32 with a "-map any.map" command line -> dethtoll.MID plays at the expected low volume.
- Start a new game and choose a user map using the ingame menu...

User is offline   LeoD 

r4289 does not fix it.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

Strange... unlikely that it's the reason, but what is your EFFECTS VOLUME slider at? Mine is at max until I can take a closer look at the sound functionality, specifically this.

(o~ Lunatic home: documentation, stand-alone LuaJIT, LunaCON and utilities ~o)

User is offline   LeoD 

View PostHelixhorned, on 01 February 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Strange... unlikely that it's the reason, but what is your EFFECTS VOLUME slider at? Mine is at max until I can take a closer look at the sound functionality, specifically this.
Effect and music sliders are near the middle usually. Reminds me of another issue on my list I didn't have the nerve to track down yet. But that started around the time the master volume slider was introduced, whereas the MIDI thing seems a pretty old one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options