Duke4.net Forums: MIDI Volume Weirdness - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MIDI Volume Weirdness

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Certain MIDI files, like the dethtoll.MID (Attached File  dethtoll.MID.zip (3.26K)
Number of downloads: 314) included in Devastator's Dawn in Arctic, force playback at full volume when a user map is [re]started from within the game. All EDuke32 builds since 2006-05-14 seem affected. (Btw, are older ones available?) Duke3dw and the DOS executable handle it correctly.

Reproduce:
- Set the music playback to a very low volume.
- Restart EDuke32 with a "-map any.map" command line -> dethtoll.MID plays at the expected low volume.
- Start a new game and choose a user map using the ingame menu...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

r4289 does not fix it.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Strange... unlikely that it's the reason, but what is your EFFECTS VOLUME slider at? Mine is at max until I can take a closer look at the sound functionality, specifically this.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHelixhorned, on 01 February 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Strange... unlikely that it's the reason, but what is your EFFECTS VOLUME slider at? Mine is at max until I can take a closer look at the sound functionality, specifically this.
Effect and music sliders are near the middle usually. Reminds me of another issue on my list I didn't have the nerve to track down yet. But that started around the time the master volume slider was introduced, whereas the MIDI thing seems a pretty old one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options