Duke4.net Forums: PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke  "Come get some ... gloves"

User is offline   splitterface 

hey leod,

was just playing dukeplus with z-pack, and i randomly noticed that with dukeplus-Z the old duke model shows up instead of the new one from TeaMonster?

in standard z-pack the new duke is used but in dukeplus-Z the old duke seems to get used instead.

is there a reason why you made dukeplus-Z use the old duke-model, or is it the old duke still by mistake?

This post has been edited by splitterface: 16 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

View Postsplitterface, on 16 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

was just playing dukeplus with z-pack, and i randomly noticed that with dukeplus-Z the old duke model shows up instead of the new one from TeaMonster?
in standard z-pack the new duke is used but in dukeplus-Z the old duke seems to get used instead.
is there a reason why you made dukeplus-Z use the old duke-model, or is it the old duke still by mistake?
DukePlus has some extra definitions for the DukeBots which are not compatible to the Polymer Duke model. I assume they could be adapted, but then another problem arises: there is no mechanism available for DukePlus to switch between the Polymer and Polymost Duke model based on the used HRP flavour (Polymost/Polymer). Using Polymer models' diffuse maps only looks rather bland in Polymost Renderer/HRP. Therefore I decided in favour of the Polymost model for both HRP flavours in both the DukePlus part of the Z-Pack and the DukePlus NixFIx. The latter might change in the upcoming NixFix release (aka DukePlus 2.40), but I haven't decided about that yet.

Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP | User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

This post has been edited by LeoD: 01 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

5.4.674 update

- Keeping track with DukePlus (r2.40)

- Z-Pack support for Attrition and Eternity 2.0 may still have issues.

Downloads: Post #1 as usual.

"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLeoD, on 01 September 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

5.4.674 update
- Z-Pack support for Attrition and Eternity 2.0 may still have issues.

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more. It's a bad mix, in my opinion (compatibility issues, lacking palettes in HRP content, performance issues)

User is offline   LeoD 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more.
If I should ever finish the Attrition 1.4x or 1.5x NixFix, compatibility should be acceptable for the respective version.

User is offline   TheDragonLiner 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more. It's a bad mix, in my opinion (compatibility issues, lacking palettes in HRP content, performance issues)

I've noticed that the lack of palettes affects only the newer installments of the HRP with the Polymer models, if you're using the Polymost Override there are models which do use palette such as Duke, Protector drones in certain cases, Octabrains and such ... It's actually something that should be brought back on the Polymer models (especially Duke, troopers and 1st person key cards)

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 September 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

I've noticed that the lack of palettes affects only the newer installments of the HRP with the Polymer models, if you're using the Polymost Override there are models which do use palette such as Duke, Protector drones in certain cases, Octabrains and such ... It's actually something that should be brought back on the Polymer models (especially Duke, troopers and 1st person key cards)

I was actually referring to the special palette swaps only available in the modified palette tables from the CLUT pack by Lezing, which Attrition uses. So not only does the HRP not represent the normal palette shifts, it also fails to show all the additional ones. Moreover, an increasing amount of content in Attrition does not have any model counterpart. I have added several enemies and weapons since the initial release that only have 8-bit art for them.

User is offline   vitekr 

Does anyone have a lick to the Polymost override for HRP 5.3.565? I had this for years but lost it due to a recent drive crash. I cant seem to find an active link anywhere online.

User is offline   LeoD 

View Postvitekr, on 16 October 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Does anyone have a lick to the Polymost override for HRP 5.3.565? I had this for years but lost it due to a recent drive crash. I cant seem to find an active link anywhere online.
http://www.mediafire...ide-5.3.565.zip
Any noteworthy reason besides local archiving why you want this?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

View PostLeoD, on 22 February 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

I believe these are fixed.

Need re-testing.

Need more steps to reproduce.

User is offline   Newcomer 

I've found that the RPG muzzle flash isn't aligned with it in widescreen.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png

User is offline   Newcomer 

Can you please make a censored Z-Pack?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options