• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   mxrtxn 

The machine gun (triple poison shooter) done:

Posted Image

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Holy smokes, mxrtxn has become the second Borion. :)

I like the details with the handle on the launcher and the pre-loaded coconut (I always considered the sprite a bit too simple regarding that). Also the water visible on the poison shooter muzzles. That's the kind of work that elevates voxels above the level delivered by the original sprite artists.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 04 September 2020 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 04 September 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Holy smokes, mxrtxn has become the second Borion. ;)

I like the details with the handle on the launcher and the pre-loaded coconut (I always considered the sprite a bit too simple regarding that). Also the water visible on the poison shooter muzzles. That's the kind of work that elevates voxels above the level delivered by the original sprite artists.

Thanks, I really appreciate the support :)

Ice crusher:

Posted Image

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View Postmxrtxn, on 05 September 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Thanks, I really appreciate the support :)

Ice crusher:

Posted Image

Dem voxels keeps comin' and comin'!

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I recycled the parasol from Shadow Warrior for the Duke Caribbean parasol voxel:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 07 September 2020 - 05:27 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Guys I will modify the rpg and devastator ammos so they are inside a wooden crate (like the bananas) instead of the offical one, I understand this will piss off the duke purists of this game. Nevertheless I think is more fitting to this particular addon.

Posted Image

This one still needs proper color retouches on the coconuts and proper highlights as well.
Due to my new job schedule things will be a little bit slower but they will be done :)

P.S. And no, I haven´t forgotten the Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack, I have some good things on my mind for the next update ;)

See ya

Mxrtxn

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 13 September 2020 - 01:29 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

mxrtxn: PM me. I'd like to talk on Discord.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostStriker, on 13 September 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

PM sent striker, I will create a new account this week

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostStriker, on 13 September 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...hotgun.kvx/file

Striker here´s the double barreled shotgun, I added some hightlight in the black parts of the barrel to break the monotony a little bit. I might retouch it in the future.

I couldn´t finish the rest as the voxel pack due to the fact that Duke Caribbean and SW also demands my time and also my current job, I hope you understand.

Thanks

Mxrtxn

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 13 September 2020 - 04:32 PM

• Auramancer

View Postmxrtxn, on 13 September 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...hotgun.kvx/file

Striker here´s the double barreled shotgun, I added some hightlight in the black parts of the barrel to break the monotony a little bit. I might retouch it in the future.

I couldn´t finish the rest as the voxel pack for Duke Caribbean and SW also demands my time and also my current job, I hope you understand.

Thanks

Mxrtxn

That's fine. Just do stuff at your own pace. Nice voxel, BTW. Thank you.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I am not sure about about changing the box for coconuts. While it might make more sense, the idea of voxelization should be about preserving original sprite look as much as possible.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 13 September 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

I am not sure about about changing the box for coconuts. While it might make more sense, the idea of voxelization should be about preserving original sprite look as much as possible.

Well in that case I will make both versions one with the crates and a second one with the box of the original sprite. That way everyone will be happy.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I agree, it'd be nice as a bonus optional voxel, but the base pack should replicate the original art as closely as possible to fit the scope of the project.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Ok, Striker.

Another quicky one for you mod, this is the ammo of one of the special weapons of the mod:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...rsammo.kvx/file

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You might be able to copy the crates from the main Duke 3D voxel pack.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 13 September 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

You might be able to copy the crates from the main Duke 3D voxel pack.

Yes I was thinking on that too. No need to reinvent the wheel. :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Here´s the voxel of the other weapon, Striker

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...triker.kvx/file

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 17 September 2020 - 06:10 PM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View Postmxrtxn, on 17 September 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

Here´s the voxel of the other weapon, Striker

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...triker.kvx/file

My railgun got voxel, thank you Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

View Postbrullov, on 17 September 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

My railgun got voxel, thank you Posted Image

Actually that' something I've been meaning to ask. Are those voxels for a gameplay mod?

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View Postjkas789, on 18 September 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Actually that' something I've been meaning to ask. Are those voxels for a gameplay mod?

Yes of course, Striker´s mod for Duke Nukem

Haven´t you tested it?

Here´s a short multiplayer video:

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Striker, the shape of this particular sprite is kind of tricky, so here´s my approximation when transforming it into a voxel:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.../ammop.kvx/file

P.S. Gonna modify the voxel of the railgun a lil bit, according the youtube video above this post, the first person sprite of the railgun shows a blue lens instead of a green one.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 18 September 2020 - 01:47 PM

Nice it actually looked really cool! I never played DN3D multiplayer. So after it releases I'll try it out.

Edit: Never mind. I'm big dumb. i actually found the mod with a quick google search. Im downloading and hopefully I'll get it running this weekend.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 18 September 2020 - 02:16 PM

• Auramancer

View Postmxrtxn, on 18 September 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

Striker, the shape of this particular sprite is kind of tricky, so here´s my approximation when transforming it into a voxel:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.../ammop.kvx/file

P.S. Gonna modify the voxel of the railgun a lil bit, according the youtube video above this post, the first person sprite of the railgun shows a blue lens instead of a green one.

Nice. The shape of it is great. Lemme know once you got the other frames. One suggestion too is having the lightning effect on the other sides too. Also, one suggestion for the Railgun is to make part of it a little wider. It's a chunky gun.

This post has been edited by Striker: 18 September 2020 - 03:16 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostStriker, on 18 September 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

Nice. The shape of it is great. Lemme know once you got the other frames. One suggestion too is having the lightning effect on the other sides too. Also, one suggestion for the Railgun is to make part of it a little wider. It's a chunky gun.

Striker here´s the rest:

Posted Image

I will retouch them before uploading. I sent you a message about your mod. I am having some problems when trying to access some maps.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Striker,

I changed the lens made the railgun (front part a little bit thicker in some parts). I also finished the lighthing effects on the ammos.

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD (all strikermod voxels so far):

http://www.mediafire...voxels.rar/file

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 26 September 2020 - 07:14 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

@mxrtxn:
Don't forget to post any new Caribbean voxels you have already finished in the meantime. Unless you want to wait until there are enough to justify another bundled release.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 02 October 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

@mxrtxn:
Don't forget to post any new Caribbean voxels you have already finished in the meantime. Unless you want to wait until there are enough to justify another bundled release.

Yes, I was precisely thinking about that. My work schedule got even tighter, now I am working Saturdays too and practically the entire day from Mon-Fri.

Either today or tomorrow I will update the download link with the latest voxels (I am afraid the coconut ammo will require more time)

Those voxels for Striker were pretty dope though.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 03 October 2020 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Ice Crusher ammo:

Posted Image

Yes, these 3 will be included in the coming update :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I made a short video showing some of the voxels of this pack (I played Duke Nukem Megaton)

Updated link coming later :)

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options