Duke4.net Forums: Installation Guide for Official Add-ons - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons  "Answers to all your expansion pack-related questions!"

User is offline   fgsfds 

Thanks, it works.

User is offline   DCL 

I've got DukeDC, however I can't find the SSI files. All I have are the CON files and the GRP which comes with the add-on. Is there a way around this? I don't want let this add-on go to waste.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The add-on CD itself does not come with anything unpacked, let alone pack anything into a GRP at all. However, if you already have those files, then you should be good to go. Post the full names of the DukeDC files you have, and I'll whip up the command line parameters for you.

User is offline   DCL 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 May 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

The add-on CD itself does not come with anything unpacked, let alone pack anything into a GRP at all. However, if you already have those files, then you should be good to go. Post the full names of the DukeDC files you have, and I'll whip up the command line parameters for you.

Sorry I took so long, personal stuff. But here they are.

DC.grp

DCGAME.CON

DCDEFS.CON

DCUSER.CON

The rest is a zipped filed with the textures, sound bites, etc.

Thanks.

• Weaponized Autism

eduke32.exe -gDC.GRP -xDCGAME.CON

If you want to include that zip file:

eduke32.exe -gDC.GRP -xDCGAME.CON -g<name of zip file>

Actually, just use the DukeDC.bat included in the directions.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 01 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   DCL 

View PostHendricks266, on 03 June 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

eduke32.exe -gDC.GRP -xDCGAME.CON

If you want to include that zip file:

eduke32.exe -gDC.GRP -xDCGAME.CON -g<name of zip file>

Thank you for your help. I'm about to sound like a total rube now, but how do I use that to access the add-on?

This post has been edited by DCL: 03 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Create a file called "Duke DC.bat" in your EDuke32 directory. (Be sure it's not "Duke DC.bat.txt" or something similar.) Open Notepad, and drag "Duke DC.bat" into it, and paste in what I wrote above.

tl;dr Make a batch file out of it.

User is offline   DCL 

View PostHendricks266, on 03 June 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Create a file called "Duke DC.bat" in your EDuke32 directory. (Be sure it's not "Duke DC.bat.txt" or something similar.) Open Notepad, and drag "Duke DC.bat" into it, and paste in what I wrote above.

tl;dr Make a batch file out of it.

Okay, I got it working. Just did some minor tweaking about. It works fine, although it doesn't have the high end treatment Eduke has. But it works. Thank you.

This post has been edited by DCL: 03 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I updated DukeDC.bat to be on par with NW+ and Vaca+, and added new improvements, including renaming any existing DC.GRP to DUKEDC.GRP, support for the SVN, and expanded compatibility in general.

I added links to the available add-on demos: Duke D.C, NW, and Duke!ZONE 2.

User is offline   iamgrape 

I cannot download Caribbean or NW.

• Weaponized Autism

View Postiamgrape, on 17 June 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I cannot download Caribbean or NW.

If you are referring to my HRPs, what is not perfectly clear about the instructions I gave?
http://hendricks266..../nw_plus_dl.php
http://hendricks266....aca_plus_dl.php

EDIT: Just edited the OP to refer to SVNs and not .7z files. Derp.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 18 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

User is offline   iamgrape 

View PostHendricks266, on 18 June 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

If you are referring to my HRPs, what is not perfectly clear about the instructions I gave?

No need for hostility. I re-installed tortoiseSVN and it works now, geez.

• Weaponized Autism

I made this new guide to the SVN: How to Download Add-on HRP SVNs

If your current setup follows The Commander's idea of having a separate repository, then exporting it, I highly recommend that you move the actual repository folder (not an export) to match the description given in the instructions, and the batch file will now automatically keep it updated for you, using SVN software if it is installed. (Note: SVN software is not bundled with the pack.)

View Postiamgrape, on 18 June 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

No need for hostility. I re-installed tortoiseSVN and it works now, geez.

Sorry, I get easily frustrated with the emails I receive asking "Waa, where's the download link?". I'm glad it works for you.

User is offline   Nile 

So I'm having trouble working with DukeDC.

I have the actual CD and I copied DUKEDC13.SSI and DUKEDCPP.SSI files into the eDuke directory. Then I downloaded the patch and unzipped it into the same directory. I double click DukeDC.bat, a black text screen opens for a brief second and closes and.... nothing. Nothing happens even if I double click it again. Am I missing something?

I'm using the latest version of eDuke.

User is offline   Mateos 

eDuke or eDuke32? If you follow step by step it should work... Found old Kill a Ton Collection CDs in shop, this method worked like a charm.

Is your game under Windows 7 in Program Files? If so, try to exec the batch as an Admin.

User is offline   Nile 

View PostMateos, on 26 June 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

eDuke or eDuke32? If you follow step by step it should work... Found old Kill a Ton Collection CDs in shop, this method worked like a charm.

Is your game under Windows 7 in Program Files? If so, try to exec the batch as an Admin.

eDuke32. It's in the ATOMINST folder I put on my desktop (I didn't bother to change the folder name). I'll try that and see if anything changes.

User is offline   Skulldog 

Dukedc install bat does not work. Just opens and closes.

• Weaponized Autism

It's more than an installation bat, you also run it to play Duke D.C.

Can you open a command prompt window at the folder (in Vista/7, hold shift while right-clicking and the option will appear, in XP: cmdhere.7z), type "call DukeDC_Debug.bat", and then copy & paste the output into a post inside codebox tags? This hopefully should allow you to see what error you are experiencing.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 27 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 27 June 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

It's more than an installation bat, you also run it to play Duke D.C.

Can you open a command prompt window at the folder (in Vista/7, hold shift while right-clicking and the option will appear, in XP: cmdhere.7z), type "call DukeDC_Debug.bat", and then copy & paste the output into a post inside codebox tags? This hopefully should allow you to see what error you are experiencing.

Want show anything. A command box opens and closes really fast.

• Weaponized Autism

Try redownloading the bat.

User is offline   Mateos 

If it still happens, try right clic/Edit, then look in the top of code and see if you don't miss few elements, then start it as admin: it should work.

If you want a popup window... Or ask Microsoft to rewrite their batch system, or add a variable to the batch... I don't have enough knownledge in batch scripting to do so, I can just make a text appear and exec a command to play a TC.

• Weaponized Autism

Fail... I had the batch file go to a nonexistent label. Redownload.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on 27 June 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Want show anything. A command box opens and closes really fast.

Does my new version fix this for you?

Sorry, i just had some time to try it out. It now copies the ssi files to the root folder and launches eduke32, but it does not make the dukedc.grp file
from the ssi files.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on 01 July 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Sorry, i just had some time to try it out. It now copies the ssi files to the root folder and launches eduke32, but it does not make the dukedc.grp file
from the ssi files.

Got 266 problems but a batch ain't one. Your problem should be fixed, I tested it myself.

dukedc_install.7z has been renamed to dukedc_script.7z to emphasize that the script does more than install, it also launches the add-on.

All three add-on batch files now support being in a theoretically infinite number of subfolders. They also have some additional error prevention measures in their installation procedures, and throughout.

Yes, that works.

• Weaponized Autism

Everyone, please manually update your local SVN copies, and redownload DukeDC.bat. I made a big fail which could have prevented the SVNs from auto-updating from the batch files.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 03 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Today I worked on a remedy to the often-criticized and complaint-spawning SVN download procedure.

http://hendricks266....svn_checkout.7z

Simply extract this archive to your EDuke32 directory, and run the script of your choice. It should automatically check out the SVN.

If I could have some people test this, I will replace the manual instructions with this.

I also included scripts for the Duke 3D Polymer HRP and the SWHRP. This could theoretically replace the TortoiseSVN tutorials for Windows we currently have.

Very good concept. The batch files downloaded the svn's with no problems. Now Dukedc needs to be more like nw_plus and vaca_plus. So that the Dc_hrp does not have to be zipped
and can run from it own folder.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on 04 July 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

Very good concept. The batch files downloaded the svn's with no problems. Now Dukedc needs to be more like nw_plus and vaca_plus. So that the Dc_hrp does not have to be zipped
and can run from it own folder.

The thing is, I don't want to invade the DCHRP with my own agenda. NightFright currently distributes the add-on by zipping up the root directory of the SVN and having people load that zip file into EDuke32 along with the DC grp. That's why I've been keeping the batch file separate.

However, if the DCHRP drops the zip downloads and replaces it with my SVN autodownloader (I would need to revamp the SVN wiki pages, and add instructions for non-Windows OSs), then I would add the batch file to the SVN.

As it stands, you can extract my batch file to its own separate directory and it will work just fine. All three batches support being in a theoretically infinite number of subdirectories.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options