Duke4.net Forums: The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge - Duke4.net Forums

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge  "Trivia, Research, etc."

User is offline   Darkus 

After seeing the threads 'running EDuke in 320x200' and 'how things have changed' I got the idea to see the differences between DOS and EDuke using 320x200; I taken screenshots of the start from E1L1 with DOS 1.3D, Atomic Edition and the recent EDuke32 and made an animated gif.

The only difference between 1.3D and 1.5 is just the slope texture being shifted to some pixels (I verified both map versions). In EDuke32, the slopes are being more 'wavy' than original version. There's more, see:

https://i.postimg.cc/C5ds79yR/duke-differences.gif

User is offline   R A D A Я 

• Zionist Shill

Does anyone know why the viewing angle in EDuke32 is slightly shifted compared to DOS?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostDarkus, on 05 May 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

The only difference between 1.3D and 1.5 is just the slope texture being shifted to some pixels (I verified both map versions). In EDuke32, the slopes are being more 'wavy' than original version. There's more, see:

Interesting I had actually just recently noted that slope textures looked "wobbly" – especially noticeable when crouchwalking – but I assumed it had always looked like that and I just hadn't picked up on it.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Someone mentioned a japanese trailer of Duke, here´s what I found in youtube:

View PostDarkus, on 18 April 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Another movie reference? I would say yes:

https://i.postimg.cc/Z0kXhNRY/Fright-Night-A.png https://i.postimg.cc/WpD3TP3x/Fright-Night-B.jpg

Was this sprite originally intended to be used in E1L1?

View PostThe Watchtower, on 27 May 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

Was this sprite originally intended to be used in E1L1?

It was found on the cinema in LameDuke, before it was turned into E1L1. Though at that time it didn't say "Byte Nyte" but had some japanese-looking (or possibly alien) text on it.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postnecroslut, on 27 May 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

It was found on the cinema in LameDuke, before it was turned into E1L1. Though at that time it didn't say "Byte Nyte" but had some japanese-looking (or possibly alien) text on it.

https://i.imgur.com/qWsBf4X.png

That's not Japanese

Unless it's "Ѵι·πУ", then it's probably a made-up language

View Postnecroslut, on 27 May 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

japanese-looking

View PostFox, on 27 May 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

That's not Japanese

It's obviously not actual japanese, but I assume it's meant to look vaguely asian, considering an alien movie poster in a regular theatre makes little sense.

So here's something odd I never noticed before today: Pigcops are completely unable to open doors, as they never call the `operate` command.

Furthermore, sentry drones can open doors, but it's placed in an `ifrnd 1` block so they effectively never do it. The same applies to newbeast actors.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

If they are running ifrnd 1 constantly, that would return true every 4 seconds or so.

View PostFox, on 05 June 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

If they are running ifrnd 1 constantly, that would return true every 4 seconds or so.

Actually true, I was expecting it to be more rare since they tend to back away from the player, but it does occur.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 07 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

Share this topic:

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options