Duke4.net Forums: The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge - Duke4.net Forums

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge  "Trivia, Research, etc."

I like the blatant Korg O1R noises in the Acid song anyway, most distinct is the industrial clang. I'm convinced there's not a single song made between 1991 and 1999 that doesn't feature that box. Even games had it, like NFS3 and Sonic Adventure. Fairly sure there was a Duke game with it in, probably one of the console games, but can't remember which one and now it's bugging me.

Misc knowledge so I don't go too far off-topic: Teleporters can be locked, which is documented in a few places. Water teleporters can also be locked, but only going down, which I discovered when I wanted water to rise up and not be submersible until after the rising. Quite surprised I haven't seen this done more often.

While probably not useful, GENERICPOLE is subject to multiplayer only palette rules like switches are, as is MUSICANDSFX. The last tile of the rotating red beacon light is tied to the destructible cameras flag, as it used to be CAMERAPOLE.

User is offline   ck3D 

I just started watching this, in general I'm quite fascinated by the amount of typos in Duke or Build code ('devistator', 'convair belt' etc.) that sometimes make it onto the sprite art (e.g.. 'John McClain' instead of 'John McClane' in the episode 4 tile, although I like that one because of how it allows for an easy transformation into 'John McCain'). But I guess the add-ons had their own respective shares of typos too, the one at 1:34 got me good (pretty sure I'm reading 'force shield genaretor'):

The pistol ammo pickup is a Beretta 92 magazine.

Attached Image: 0040.png

Attached Image: duke mag.jpg

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options