Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Merlijn 

The WT version of London was pretty damn lazy, they literally threw in some landmarks in the skybox and built some vaguely victorian looking buildings around the castle.
I've been to London a few years ago and 'Bloody hell' didn't capture the look or feel of the city at all.

On topic: I agree with ninety-six, your stuff looks rad dandouglas! :)

User is offline   ck3D 

Growing...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: newd74.png

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postck3D, on 07 November 2021 - 04:31 PM, said:

Growing...
Looking forward to...

User is offline   ck3D 

Thanks, I want to say me too since A.W.O.L. is Polymost only and my PC is too bad for anything but classic, which means I can't even test my own map and have to do a lot of things blind at first, such as placing models, or for some reason even my sounds won't work. But all the new mechanics sound so cool and the .art is sick. It's quite the interesting experience and so I've been virtually living in that map for the past two weeks now - it's in the 1000 sectors and 75% of the gameplay is in. The concept is fascinating to work with but I also can't wait to be done with that level now. Then I still have that other, scrapped 2400-sector A.W.O.L. map that I want to try and convert into a Duke map next, although I have no idea how that'll play since it really was designed with A.W.O.L. gameplay and mechanics in mind. But I'm basically dying to make a Duke 3D map right now.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 08 November 2021 - 02:19 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

Heh I'm the opposite, whenever I'm doodling something in vanilla I lose excitement really fast. Maybe it'll come back to me someday. Like the concept though, curious how it'll turn out.

Meanwhile have some shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Graphics 

To ck3D. That looks amazing. Love the open map design. Keep up the awesome work.

To Sangman. Great screenshots. I love the use of lighting and the textures look great.

As for me. I might have someone teaching me how to make a shade palette at some point. As for my color palette. I ended up finding a good one in an versatile RGB style palette.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 09 November 2021 - 09:01 AM

User is online   geomancien 

Hi everyone, I am working on the full FR translation patch for Duke Nukem total meltdown mod right now, I am currently focusing on the fr textures and I have some of it back but I am missing a few , I try to tear them from Playstation CDs but it's very complicated because I don't handle the PVV software very well, if you know how to rip psx textures, please contact me and I would really have need a boost Posted Image

User is offline   dandouglas 

WIP on my mod, Duke Smoochem 3D – still a lot of rough edges and placeholder stuff but it’s slowly coming together

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 November 2021 - 05:27 AM
Reason for edit: Embedded the video

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdandouglas, on 13 November 2021 - 09:21 AM, said:

WIP on my mod, Duke Smoochem 3D – still a lot of rough edges and placeholder stuff but it’s slowly coming together https://youtu.be/h10pd7vDytg

Nice. Looking forward to the final version! Not sure where the name comes from though.

User is offline   Mark 

I don't recognize the local people you are using and making fun of so some of the humor will be lost on me but everything else is way cool. All the map effects, the texture use, little cameo appearances. If you are working alone its an epic undertaking. Great job so far.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'm getting pretty hype for that. This is shaping up to almost look like an official expansion, as it is nailing the Duke attitude. Even if I barely understand the references, that's okay because I barely did with the vanilla game either. The tone and attitude is still able to shine through in spite of that though, and that's a really promising sign.

User is online   geomancien 

some french texture add for mod fr: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Merlijn 

View Postdandouglas, on 13 November 2021 - 09:21 AM, said:

WIP on my mod, Duke Smoochem 3D – still a lot of rough edges and placeholder stuff but it’s slowly coming together

This looks fantastic, I'm not British but I can indentify some of the references at least. For instance we do have a Dutch version of the great British bake off so I instantly recognized that tent. :P
The texture work is really good, feels like it captures the spirit of the original!

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 15 November 2021 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys! Hoping I can get this finished before 2023 but I don’t want to rush it, I’m still only just using how to use Mapster.

Micky C – “Smoochem” comes from former UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock’s smooch with his secretary which was caught on CCTV (Duke’s main mission in the mod is to obtain said CCTV and leak it)

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostGraphics, on 05 November 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

Too Jimbob. If you're looking for a mapper and know how to edit Con files?
Maybe we can help one another out? I'm sure I could think up a map for you.

hey man, i can do some basic/medium difficulty con editing. depends on what you need. i'll drop you a DM

View Postjimbob, on 17 November 2021 - 06:00 AM, said:

hey man, i can do some basic/medium difficulty con editing. depends on what you need. i'll drop you a DM

Got your message and sent you a reply. Honestly, anything helps. I'm not going to ask for much. Just a few basic edits I don't know how to do.
As for making a maps for your mod. I have a few ideas already. But let me know what works for you and I'll get started on that. It's your project.

Also, because of the nature of this forum. I guess I better present what I'm doing right now... I've almost finish another nice map for my mod.
Posted Image
As you can see. All that's left is a little bit of TROR where the blue 3d grid boxes are. Looks like a fun multiplayer map. Going to add that soon.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 17 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   Aleks 

Some more screens. As larger part of this room is only lit by fires, the shadows behind the columns and the smaller parts scattered around the central area are connected to "dummy" slide doors with SE10 to simulate the subtle flickering of the fire.
Attached Image: duke0056.png Attached Image: duke0057.png

You're an architect, right?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

dandouglas - love the mod. You have captured almost completely what it's like to live in England (God help us!). I've had to explain Capt Tom floating in the sky, and a few other things to those not in the know who've seen the trailer.

It hurts to explain that at the 4:00 minute mark, the guy with the pig was the Prime Minister of England and yes, that did happen.

Great work on your mod Dandouglas. The level of detail is just awesome. I'm looking forward to playing that one day.

Aleks you've always got an eye for lighting and structure. It's great to see. Because it's not easily done and I should know.

As for me... I've been testing the waters on creating a light and shade table in one. To create the effects of a bright lights, well also not losing the shade table. Here's a picture of how it can look.
Posted Image
Of course, there are probably going to be some glitches. The menu was the first thing I needed to work around. But nothing I can't handle... I wonder if there is a better way and not by prebaking textures?

PS : I'm also going to be building a map for Jimbob's mod. Should be interesting. I have some ideas. But I'm not going to spoil it. It's just a matter of turning them into reality.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 24 November 2021 - 05:53 AM

User is offline   11bush 

I started working on an HD port of NAM to duke 3d. I'm just about finished with the M60, but I'm planning on replacing every sprite and texture by the time I'm done.

https://youtu.be/a1hycPjtVCw

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_24 PM.png
  • Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_37 PM.png
  • Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_58 PM.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 24 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

https://twitter.com/...860632532721665

Hey everyone. I haven't been able to work on any maps lately. Installed a Linux OS and the learning curve can be hard. Nothing I can't handle. But I got a second hard drive yesterday to install Windows on anyways. So I can use some of the programs that are for Windows without having to mess with the sometimes less stable Wine App... Not to say it's bad. Linux out performs in so many ways. But it is what it is.

I will get back too it soon. I just can't do anything until tomorrow. When I can install the second hard drive, second OS (Windows) and a backup of Mapster32.

So this is what I'm doing in Build right now... Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. I love seeing the new maps, interesting mods and so on. Take care.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 01 December 2021 - 01:54 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostGraphics, on 24 November 2021 - 03:56 AM, said:

I wonder if there is a better way and not by prebaking textures?

Have you heard of extclut? http://lzg.duke4.net/extclut.htm

You can also implement some blend tables to get additive blending, so that you can use transparent sprites that make things brighter behind them.

An update to my mod: finished Duke's flat, easily the most complex location i've built yet – it's the game's opening so i want it to really bang. you can interact with pretty much everything.

https://youtu.be/2QRucaycuNg

This post has been edited by dandouglas: 02 December 2021 - 07:57 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postdandouglas, on 02 December 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

An update to my mod: finished Duke's flat, easily the most complex location i've built yet – it's the game's opening so i want it to really bang. you can interact with pretty much everything.

https://youtu.be/2QRucaycuNg

I wish I had more ways to say that I'm hype but I am hype. The interactivity is stellar here.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I remember when I lived in the States in the 2000's and had so many problems trying to find an electric kettle that would just boil water and then switch itself off. Such a simple, yet essentail item and I spent so long just trying to describe what it was and why someone would want such a device. It was like trying to describe a microwave to someone from the middle ages.

So many nice little touches. The humour ("Don't forget your gun!") and the water drops in the sink. Also, the sight of Hob's End Station brought me possibly too much of a nostalgia rush.

User is offline   Mark 

I watched it 3 times to catch all the tiny details. Absolutely amazing.

User is offline   jimbob 

looking awesome dandouglas :)

View PostMicky C, on 01 December 2021 - 10:49 PM, said:

Have you heard of extclut? http://lzg.duke4.net/extclut.htm

Yes I have. At first I ignored it, because I'm working on my own palette from the ground up. But since I finished the shade table. I'm planning on downloading Extclut to learn how they created their trans-values for the translucent effects they've made. Thank you Micky C. It's good advice. I appreciate it.

Also update on my end. Should be getting back to mapping soon. I finished installing a second hard drive and operating systems (Linux & Windows). I'm going to focus on making a map for Jimbob's mod. All this mod learning and work, is taking some of the joy away... So I'm just mapping for now.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 02 December 2021 - 09:47 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options