Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 337 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   dandouglas 

Thanks for the kind words guys! Hoping I can get this finished before 2023 but I don’t want to rush it, I’m still only just using how to use Mapster.

Micky C – “Smoochem” comes from former UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock’s smooch with his secretary which was caught on CCTV (Duke’s main mission in the mod is to obtain said CCTV and leak it)

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostGraphics, on 05 November 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

Too Jimbob. If you're looking for a mapper and know how to edit Con files?
Maybe we can help one another out? I'm sure I could think up a map for you.

hey man, i can do some basic/medium difficulty con editing. depends on what you need. i'll drop you a DM

User is offline   Graphics 

View Postjimbob, on 17 November 2021 - 06:00 AM, said:

hey man, i can do some basic/medium difficulty con editing. depends on what you need. i'll drop you a DM

Got your message and sent you a reply. Honestly, anything helps. I'm not going to ask for much. Just a few basic edits I don't know how to do.
As for making a maps for your mod. I have a few ideas already. But let me know what works for you and I'll get started on that. It's your project.

Also, because of the nature of this forum. I guess I better present what I'm doing right now... I've almost finish another nice map for my mod.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309341856729268228/910732215955095602/capt0006.png
As you can see. All that's left is a little bit of TROR where the blue 3d grid boxes are. Looks like a fun multiplayer map. Going to add that soon.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 17 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   Aleks 

Some more screens. As larger part of this room is only lit by fires, the shadows behind the columns and the smaller parts scattered around the central area are connected to "dummy" slide doors with SE10 to simulate the subtle flickering of the fire.
Attached Image: duke0056.png Attached Image: duke0057.png

You're an architect, right?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

dandouglas - love the mod. You have captured almost completely what it's like to live in England (God help us!). I've had to explain Capt Tom floating in the sky, and a few other things to those not in the know who've seen the trailer.

It hurts to explain that at the 4:00 minute mark, the guy with the pig was the Prime Minister of England and yes, that did happen.

User is offline   Graphics 

Great work on your mod Dandouglas. The level of detail is just awesome. I'm looking forward to playing that one day.

Aleks you've always got an eye for lighting and structure. It's great to see. Because it's not easily done and I should know.

As for me... I've been testing the waters on creating a light and shade table in one. To create the effects of a bright lights, well also not losing the shade table. Here's a picture of how it can look.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309184341861335042/913029799172263956/duke0004.png
Of course, there are probably going to be some glitches. The menu was the first thing I needed to work around. But nothing I can't handle... I wonder if there is a better way and not by prebaking textures?

PS : I'm also going to be building a map for Jimbob's mod. Should be interesting. I have some ideas. But I'm not going to spoil it. It's just a matter of turning them into reality.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 24 November 2021 - 05:53 AM

User is offline   11bush 

I started working on an HD port of NAM to duke 3d. I'm just about finished with the M60, but I'm planning on replacing every sprite and texture by the time I'm done.

https://youtu.be/a1hycPjtVCw

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_24 PM.png
  • Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_37 PM.png
  • Attached Image: BASE CAMP - NAM - EDuke32 11_24_2021 8_10_58 PM.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 24 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

Share this topic:

• 337 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options