Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Graphics 

I've almost finished the layout of Pravoka for my 8bit Deathmatch mod. I'm going to wait on making any new textures. Diema (from Discord) might make me a more compatible "8bit" color palette. So, I'm just finishing the layout of the town for now.
Posted Image

Also to Truck Stop Santa Claus. Thank you. I just finished fine-tuning those textures. Here's a picture.
Posted Image

PS : I've been reading the other posts. I might check out that program that was mentioned. I'm using an old Photoshop I've had since Windows XP. So anything new helps. As the new Photoshop is a bit too pricey for me.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 19 October 2021 - 08:45 PM

User is offline   dandouglas 

The Great British Bake Off tent

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0050.png

To Dandouglas. Your mod is looking awesome. All the work you've put into it, is amazing. Do keep it up! I'm looking forward to playing it sometime.

As for me. I just finish making that huge island map and the glitch from a distance is gone. Also, I might have figured out why it that was happening.
Posted Image
Finally, I know my map isn't as cool as Dandouglas's mod. But I'm thankful for all the support that has lead up to this finished map. Thanks everyone.

User is offline   jimbob 

tanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png

This post has been edited by jimbob: 25 October 2021 - 10:05 AM

User is online   Aleks 

@Graphics: the island looks really cool, although I believe the drivers hate the road in the front of the picture with all these bumps :P

@jimbob: Do these tanks have a nuke symbol at the rear end for some cheap auto-destruct activation? :D

Here's few more beige and grey pics from me:
Attached Image: duke0047.png Attached Image: duke0048.png Attached Image: duke0049.png

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostAleks, on 25 October 2021 - 12:34 PM, said:

@jimbob: Do these tanks have a nuke symbol at the rear end for some cheap auto-destruct activation? :D

Here's few more beige and grey pics from me:
Attachment duke0047.png Attachment duke0048.png Attachment duke0049.png
having some kind of easy destruction method is something i could add, maybe in the shape of mines... something to think about :)

i like those shots, its a nice and tight design :)

I've been testing out my new color palette design. But I feel like I've posted a lot on the eDuke page on Discord. So rather then post on that... I'm just going to show an update to my mod I'm working on.
Posted Image
Looking forward to playing some multiplayer sometime. Also I want to publicly say thank you too the everyone that helped me out with the new color palette. I've been having a lot of fun learning. It's much appreciated.

User is offline   jimbob 

re-did the bazooka, wasnt too happy with the original, doing the reload anim tomorow.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by jimbob: 27 October 2021 - 10:01 AM

Former UK tech store chain Maplin

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0071.png

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

The level I'm working on is Launch Facility, a remake of the original secret level. The idea has been in my head since the release of Black Mesa, but due to lack of skill and time, it was postponed until this summer.

I decided to start with E1L6, as it seemed to be the smallest in size and less pop for remakes (Hollywood Holocaust was remade a lot of times). As for the size, I was wrong: there are few large spaces, but they are complex, have an unusual structure, and have a complex scripting system. My task is to rework not only the visual but also, if possible, improve the scripted scenes. True room over room requires clear planning and leaves no chance for error.

At the moment, about 95% is ready, it remains to complete work on the largest location. The release is tentatively scheduled for November.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   jimbob 

i really like it :)

User is offline   Merlijn 

Trailer for Shaky Grounds:
https://youtu.be/Y0OZjq02LDg

Aiming for a 12 november release :)

User is online   ck3D 

Nothing but cool shit all around on this last page, 'dame' as the classic AMC spelling would have it. Exciting times all around, Launch Facility remix sounds especially great,

It's crunch time but I've been working on this new map for Project A.W.O.L. for the past week and experimenting with a concept I had had in mind for a bit, although not much of a stretch from classic works like Flood Zone I guess.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: NEWD47.png

This post has been edited by ck3D: 02 November 2021 - 06:44 PM

I've finished making the color palettes for my mod. The colors are looking great. Just need a shade table before I can post the update on ModDB.

Here's some pictures of how everything is looking so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

By the way. If anyone can help me make a shade table or point me to a program and how to page. That would be well appreciated.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 03 November 2021 - 02:06 AM

User is offline   Merlijn 

View Postck3D, on 02 November 2021 - 06:44 PM, said:

Nothing but cool shit all around on this last page, 'dame' as the classic AMC spelling would have it. Exciting times all around, Launch Facility remix sounds especially great,

I agree! So much cool stuff being worked on :)
Your concept looks wicked as well, I'm guessing it's a city that's half in/above the clouds? That's a pretty cool twist on the flood zone concept.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

EDF Panzer

Posted Image

HOLY. SHIT. @ Shaky Grounds trailer.
(Well, okay, there's other awesome stuff that people are working on, but especially that.)

As for me...well...I'm working on a map based on a certain race course from the Mario Kart 64 reject bin.

Screen #1 is a zoomed-out 2D overview in Mapster.
Screen #2 is the same map, but spun around using the F3 feature in Mapster's 2D view.
Screen #3 is atop the building roofs in the northwest corner of the map, looking southeast. (That big dish/receiver thing in the distance can also be seen in some other screenshots here.)
Screen #4 is where the start-finish line was in the Mario Kart 64 course, looking southeast.
Screen #5 is also at the start-finish line, looking northwest.
Screen #6 shows a restaurant west of the center of the map. (This would be a Duke Burger, but there are too many Duke Burger locations in maps already, so I decided to name it something else instead.)
Screen #7 shows a church south of the center of the map (and some buildings nearby, including the one with the big dish).
Screen #8 shows the interior of the church.
Screen #9 shows a view from atop the hill (above the tunnel in the southwest part of the map) looking northeast.
All of the above use the classic renderer in Mapster (with the visibility cranked up).
Screen #10 shows the same view as #9, but in Polymer; the draw distance in Polymer prevents distant structures from being visible here.
Screen #11 shows a view along a road on the south side of the map, looking west into the tunnel. (The tunnel actually curves right, but the rest of the tunnel is cut off by the Polymer draw distance.)
Screen #12 shows a Polymost closeup view of the church organ (literally the only thing in the whole map that looks good in Polymost).

Anyway...I tried to rescale the map so that certain dimensions (widths of roads, heights of one-story buildings) made sense, but it's still butt-fucking huge and I don't know if/when it will ever be finished; I'm hoping to put at least something in every single building (even if it's just one big room inside) but I don't know if it will work out that way due to map resources (especially walls).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: s01_mapster_2d_overview.png
  • Attached Image: s02_mapster_2d_overview_f3_look_se.png
  • Attached Image: s03_mapster_abovestart_look_se.png
  • Attached Image: s04_mapster_startfinish_look_se.png
  • Attached Image: s05_mapster_startfinish_look_nw.png
  • Attached Image: s06_mapster_roadkillcafe.png
  • Attached Image: s07_mapster_church_exterior.png
  • Attached Image: s08_mapster_church_interior.png
  • Attached Image: s09_mapster_hilltop_look_ne.png
  • Attached Image: s10_e32polymer_hilltop_look_ne.png
  • Attached Image: s11_e32polymer_southroad_look_w.png
  • Attached Image: s12_e32polymost_churchorgan.png

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 03 November 2021 - 09:54 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postbrullov, on 03 November 2021 - 03:05 PM, said:

EDF Panzer

Posted Image

What's happening with the horizon?

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostNinety-Six, on 04 November 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

What's happening with the horizon?

Sunset

View Postbrullov, on 04 November 2021 - 02:39 AM, said:

Sunset

Yeah but I mean how did you do that?

Some more work-in-progress shots, featuring some sprite-based benches i'm really happy with.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: VIEW.png
  • Attached Image: BENCH.png
  • Attached Image: CORBYN.png
  • Attached Image: BUS.png

User is online   ck3D 

View PostMerlijn, on 03 November 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

I agree! So much cool stuff being worked on :)
Your concept looks wicked as well, I'm guessing it's a city that's half in/above the clouds? That's a pretty cool twist on the flood zone concept.

Yeah you guessed right, even as far as the clouds (didn't expect that!). Skybox effect in general should be a lot more interesting than that seemingly empty texture from the classic mode editor shots too. Reaper_Man has been working some magic.

ToiletDuck64 I absolutely adore your selection of Duke 3D level themes. I've had it in the back of my mind to see how much I could recreate of the Super Mario 64 main castle and stages within one same Duke map before. Of course there would be differences due to the nature of the engine but that's actually what would interest me there, maybe I'll try tackling that some day.

Also loving that sunset effect. My first impression upon seeing the shot was, he must have used the orange sunset texture as parallaxed ground floor on the same boundary sectors he's using the black sky on to enclose the map. But looking at it now, it may be 'just' a flat wall with that texture and full bright conditions. I'm curious too! I've tried this kind of mismatch before but could never make it look right.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 04 November 2021 - 09:15 AM

User is online   Mark 

Its a refreshing change to see such a bright and cheerful daytime map.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostNinety-Six, on 04 November 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

Yeah but I mean how did you do that?

Just a simple TROR trick.

User is online   quakis 

View Postbrullov, on 03 November 2021 - 03:05 PM, said:

EDF Panzer

Posted Image

Haha, I'd probably have spent twice the walls and quadruple the sprites - this is an excellent showing of "less is more" to achieve a real neat piece of Build construction. Nice work on its shape and clean texturing, I really do love it's elegance!

Dandouglas, I love your work. As for the tank. I mention on Discord how awesome it is. Because it is awesome.

As for me... I've just been testing the waters with my new palette. Honestly, no word of a lie.
Here's a picture of my test the waters with this new texture and some prebaked lighting FXs.
Posted Image
By the way. I hope everyone is doing well. Glad to see the great work on this page.

PS: To ToiletDuck64. The map you're working on looks amazing. Will it be compatible with multiplayer?

This post has been edited by Graphics: 05 November 2021 - 04:24 AM

Cheers Graphics, and likewise - that blue VR texture is beautiful.

Here's some more WIP shots from my project, still just getting to grips with Mapster32 and I've got loads of detail, shadows and shading to add.

The sightseeing bus is pretty blocky but that's because it trundles through the level as Duke fights off waves of flying enemies and snipers at windows :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0111.png
  • Attached Image: duke0110.png
  • Attached Image: duke0112.png
  • Attached Image: duke0119.png

User is offline   jimbob 

i really like that style dan :) cant wait to play it. i could use a few good mappers to speed up my project :)

Thank you Dandouglas. Yeah I did it with an adaptive Color Palette I've made.

Too Jimbob. If you're looking for a mapper and know how to edit Con files?
Maybe we can help one another out? I'm sure I could think up a map for you.

Quick update to the water effects. I added some lighting to the surface of it.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Graphics: 05 November 2021 - 01:13 PM

View Postdandouglas, on 05 November 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

Here's some more WIP shots from my project, still just getting to grips with Mapster32 and I've got loads of detail, shadows and shading to add.

The sightseeing bus is pretty blocky but that's because it trundles through the level as Duke fights off waves of flying enemies and snipers at windows :)

So far this is shaping up to be a better take on London than what WT gave us.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options