Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Sanek 

No it doesnt. It's really more of a Doom vibe here (at least in a 2nd shot). Looks good anyway. :P

User is offline   Gambini 

Slopes and jumping sections = Doom

User is offline   Zaxtor 

For the map I am working on,
Made a new type of TROR sector based platform elevators.

Very simple coding to make them work.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Nice. Elevators isn’t the word I would use, as that implies you can go from a lower floor to an upper floor, which is impossible for elevators. I’d call them hovering platforms perhaps.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Floor (lava) is a TROR so when you fall into it is instant kill.

true
Yes platform is the real name.

It uses SE 31 and SE 33.

Works fairly to the pistons in the steelmill level of my mod except totally diff.

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostMark., on 06 April 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

I was cleaning up one of my backup thumb drives and found some pics of the second map for last year's Quest Town TC. I plan on finishing and adding in this map sometime this year. These are pics of just a few outdoor locations. There are plenty of indoor areas too.

Wow, those look amazing!

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks for the compliment.

User is offline   Mark 

Yesterday I took another walk down "memory lane" by reading all the posts in this thread from 2012. Its was cool to see how many different people and projects were in the works. Some made it to completion and others sadly not. But it sure was an active year. Kind of sad though when I read about great mods that never were finished.

When I go back and read posts from years ago it sometimes brings a smile when I read that a certain mod is nearly finished but I know now that it wasn't finished until 3 or 4 years later.

I found pics and post from myself that I had forgotten about. Some of them were screenshots taken from my current projects with humorous captions.

I rarely post anything on this forum, so for a change, here's a little preview picture taken of my new map. It's basically a rainy urban environment. Not sure how the gameplay unfolds; hopefully it will balance my bulky architecture.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: rainy.png

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostDannyFromNewOrleans, on 28 May 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

I rarely post anything on this forum, so for a change, here's a little preview picture taken of my new map. It's basically a rainy urban environment. Not 0sure how the gameplay unfolds; hopefully it will balance my bulky architecture.

I think you are on time to make some drawings and plans to help the gameplay aspect, there have been lots of forgetable city maps but a nice gameplay is something that sticks in the mind.
BTW I see you like Bekzinzki, I wonder how a game based on his art would look like. Bosch has some hallucinating art that would be awesome as inspiration as well.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 28 May 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostMike Norvak, on 28 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

I think you are on time to make some drawings and plans to help the gameplay aspect, there have been lots of forgetable city maps but a nice gameplay is something that sticks in the mind.
BTW I see you like Bekzinzki, I wonder how a game based on his art would look like. Bosch has some hallucinating art that would be awesome as inspiration as well.

I would love a surreal FPS game in Beksinski's style - or something like Shadow of the Colossus with even more dream-like creatures and environments: massive feminine humanoids walking passively with their heads covered in red velvet and nonsensical organic growths.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostDannyFromNewOrleans, on 28 May 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

It's basically a rainy urban environment.
I really like maps with rain, but unfortunately there are not many. I'll be glad to play your map when it's done.

User is offline   Mark 

Gee, it kinda looks like the start of E4L5. Hmm...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: E4L5.jpg

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostDannyFromNewOrleans, on 28 May 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I would love a surreal FPS game in Beksinski's style - or something like Shadow of the Colossus with even more dream-like creatures and environments: massive feminine humanoids walking passively with their heads covered in red velvet and nonsensical organic growths.

It would bw awesome, I think there is more room for a game like that than before with titles like Agony, Scorn or No Man's Sky wich have strong visual styles. Sorry for offtopic but do anyone know more games like those?

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 02 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostMark., on 02 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Everything there looks good, except...

Spoiler

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah, I have seen over the years a lot of complaints about the pistol and shotgun. I'm not picky and they look good enough for me. But thats just me. I agree the hands and arms in some hud graphics are bad to see in a Polymer light.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostMike Norvak, on 02 June 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

It would bw awesome, I think there is more room for a game like that than before with titles like Agony, Scorn or No Man's Sky wich have strong visual styles. Sorry for offtopic but do anyone know more games like those?

:(

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: offtopic.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 02 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 02 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Yep, the level of architecture and sector geometry is certainly on par with E4L5 Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostPerro Seco, on 02 June 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Everything there looks good, except...

Spoiler

You'd have to find who did them, it was probably more than a decade ago. All the people who used to do the HRP have all buggered off now. Nobody knows where they went.

User is offline   Mark 

I thought Spiker had something to do with one of those. He's still around here occasionally.

• Polymancer

I checked where I thought the website was originally where you could download them and it went offline years ago.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

If anyone has them, it'd probably be LeoD

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Polymost-era content has been largely maintained in the HRP SVN with a slight tweak to the root def file.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't un-see lego hand now.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHendricks266, on 03 June 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Polymost-era content has been largely maintained in the HRP SVN with a slight tweak to the root def file.

I couldn't find anything that pre-dates 2012, so the 2006 stuff that is being refereed to probably isn't the same as what's stored in the SVN. I don't think a polymost-override hand is going to look much different than the polymer hand.

Somebody should actually look at the file in -game though, just to verify.

• Polymancer

If only someone had kept some of this stuff.

It's not going to be polymer friendly is it?

User is offline   Forge 

The oldest hrp releases I have:

LOW RESOLUTION PACK (LRP) compiled by ProAsm July, 2009

Version: 4.1.1 (Oct 3, 2009) by NightFright

SVN build #321 (Mar 23, 2009)

SVN build #300 (Feb 25, 2009)

(polymer) Version 4.2 (Sep 01, 2009) (& update)

dn3d_hrp-27-04-2007.exe

dn3d_hrp-2005-11-01.exe

This post has been edited by Forge: 04 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

I might still have some of the old version, '07-'08 on my external hard drive. This weekend I'll dive into them and see what I can find, I can post my findings if anyone would like. I don't remember ever deleting any of them.

I can't run the HRP in my current computer like I did back in 2006, but the weapon models I was talking are these ones:

Spoiler

These screenshots are from the HRP website, so are they included in the pack? Excuse my ignorance, but as I said I can't run HRP right now, and almost all the videos in YouTube about HRP show the newer and less realistic models.

I also didn't want to say that the new ones must be replaced by the old ones, but maybe letting people choose which pack they prefer. However, I don't know how much work would that imply.

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 04 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPerro Seco, on 04 June 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

These screenshots are from the HRP website, so are they included in the pack?

they are very similar to the ones I have with the duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.4.674 in my old dukeplus directory. At least it looks like a 'normal' hand & not a lego man appendage.

I run hrp only very rarely. I no longer think it's as simple as dropping a couple zips into an autoload directory and checking a box on the launcher , so I'm not even sure how to install it anymore to check the latest releases.
I'm not too keen on filling up my base game directory with a bunch of def files and other flotsam.

This post has been edited by Forge: 04 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options