Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 281 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   TheDragonLiner 

View PostTURBOKID, on 25 June 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

Yeah the assumption would be correct, the sprites are all there in GIF how they will be in game. Anyone who saw Atomic Reloads messy beginnings will know this has been a long in development project, but i also have a small team working on our own original sprite based FPS. The extra frames are because while we were testing stuff for our own game, we made a little Duke Game for fun.

DukeScreen02.png

I still have to optimize everything or the mod :dukecigar:

I see ^^

Personally I'm not a fan of Doom style huds >_> Are you planning a hud choice like in Kick Ass (which I still need to check out) or is it a prototype ?

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Well like i said this was on our engine for own FPS, but we did the duke thing for fun while we figured out bugs. The mod im not sure how i would accomplish this HUD as it changes everything about it, i had seen a Doom hud in Duke before, but wasn't sure how i would do it.

Some mugs for fun
Attached Image: DeadMugs.gif

I do have things that will be converted but didn't seem important enough to post
Attached Image: Egg01.GIF

(Click em' they are both gifs)

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 25 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Man, all your screenshots look very good! However, I see that sometimes the weapons don't aim to the crosshair. Here are some examples; in the first one the pistols are aiming above the crosshair, and in the second one, which I suppose is a bit old, the chaingun should be a bit more to the left:

https://forums.duke4...attach_id=13201
https://forums.duke4...attach_id=11896

By the way, I think the Doom styled HUD is also pretty cool.

Posted Image

Thanks man, were having mugshots in our game so i thought id try it, id love to get them in the mod at some point, and yeah the aiming is bad in that shot, my coder buddy been doing other things, and those gold blaster got replace by gold and steel eagles anyway. Regarding that old AR shot you posted, holy cow i guess i forget what i did too fast when i update. But that ripper was pantaloons. We had a new one made, though there was the chaingun cannon (laser type ammo) with an auto targeting screen attachment (Hens the design on the top of the body where the screen would usually go)

Attached Image: 34774660_1648750865243294_5943301089083260928_n.png

Attached Image: 35971940_1672825862835794_4783821444293328896_n.png

And the Ripper which shoots bullets

Attached Image: ConceptRipp06.png

There was a compact tactical Ripper originally designed but we just went with the those two

The scrapped compact if anyone was interested

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ConceptRipp03.png

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me with sprite scaling?
This is of course not right

Attached Image: NotRight.png

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 25 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

User is offline   TheDragonLiner 

View PostPerro Seco, on 25 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Man, all your screenshots look very good! However, I see that sometimes the weapons don't aim to the crosshair. Here are some examples; in the first one the pistols are aiming above the crosshair, and in the second one, which I suppose is a bit old, the chaingun should be a bit more to the left:

https://forums.duke4...attach_id=13201
https://forums.duke4...attach_id=11896

By the way, I think the Doom styled HUD is also pretty cool.

The second screen was actually shot by ME ^_^ *vaunts vaunts*

That new ripper looks cool though, more futuristic and less ripped (pun pun lol lol) from DNF

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

User is offline   Sanek 

Since the last time I worked on that game of mine, I had various people helping me with sprites, like Tea Monster.
However, considering that I don't need anything elaborate, I'm trying to make the "enemies" (rotating shapes) by myself, in app called Autodesk Inventor...here's a sample.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 22.png

User is offline   Mister Sinister 

HAZARDS trilogy, part two.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Does that mean HEALTH was part one or was there one I missed?

User is offline   Mister Sinister 

Yes, HEALTH was the first installment.
There will be two more, each done in similar style and in short period of time but tackling a different mechanic and slight variations on colour palette.
The one I work on right now involves falling down and verticals.

Share this topic:

• 281 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options