Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 282 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Seb Luca 

View PostSanek, on 20 August 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

So unnecessary...yet so awesome! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really love this room Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Now, after ~5 months of abandoning and only 3 month of actual work, I can finally say that something is going on!
Got a crucial code update from Mblackwell, which allows me to make and test all the levels properly.There's still a lot of work, but now it'll get much faster than it used to!
I wanted to re-announce the game for a long time...however, I decided that I don't make any announcements or promises unless I'll have enough material for a trailer or gameplay video. So, stay tuned.

Posted Image

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

The more vast and complicated it is, the smallest lane to madness it seems to be as doing it! :D

... and this map is not yet over ... Is that serious, Doc? :blink:

________

@Sanek : Your universe seems enriched :)

EDIT :

@Trooper Dan : Oops, sorry : you've just realease your post dduring I was writing mine Posted Image Excellent job !! :lol: I adore !

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 05 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

This is not a strange engine room :lol:

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

with the figures on the doors I thought it was the bathrooms :lol:

View PostMark, on 11 September 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

with the figures on the doors I thought it was the bathrooms :lol:

This is not completely wrong ... In theory, just about every place can serve as a toilet :D

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 11 September 2018 - 02:22 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I'm thinking about making a thread for donating several unfinished maps, that doesn't mean I'm abandonogn mapping but having them in my HD gatering dust doesn't do any good to anyone, could it be a good idea?

Edit: I mean, I don't want people to finish my maps, but rather use any part they like on his own projects.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 13 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMike Norvak, on 13 September 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm thinking about making a thread for donating several unfinished maps, that doesn't mean I'm abandonogn mapping but having them in my HD gatering dust doesn't do any good to anyone, could it be a good idea?

Edit: I mean, I don't want people to finish my maps, but rather use any part they like on his own projects.

What's so bad about finishing your maps?
Anyway it sounds interesting, considering your skill and all. But as I understand, most of your project have a heavy amount of custom art and 3D models, isn't it? Or you have a vanilla maps too?

• Music Producer

Sanek, on 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Anyway it sounds interesting, considering your skill and all. But as I understand, most of your project have a heavy amount of custom art and 3D models, isn't it? Or you have a vanilla maps too?

Some original vanilla and other I won't use in HR, then I need to refurbish them to vanilla for donation.

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

As far as I can tell, its very rare that someone posts an abandoned map and it get finished by someone else or parts of it used in another map. Just release them in the Unfinished Content thread here on the forum with a bunch of screen shots.

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark, on 13 September 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, its very rare that someone posts an abandoned map and it get finished by someone else or parts of it used in another map. Just release them in the Unfinished Content thread here on the forum with a bunch of screen shots.

True, typically maps were abandoned for a good reason Posted Image

Still, sometimes there's something that can be used. The AMC TC for example has taken in unfinished maps from Forge and Jenz or whatever the name is, and those are being finished up.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

• Music Producer

Sanek, on 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Not anything inheriting bad, just lack of time.

Micky C, on 13 September 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

True, typically maps were abandoned for a good reason Posted Image

Still, sometimes there's something that can be used. The AMC TC for example has taken in unfinished maps from Forge and Jenz or whatever the name is, and those are being finished up.

As far as I can tell those maps don't look any bad, is not that I can't use them on my own projects or release them as vanilla, but I haven't done it in 8 years or so, so I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon. Did you remember Viel Angst Fortress? and the arctic level of "SOTR"? Those are some of the maps I'd like to donate, of course retexturized for vanilla.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 13 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMike Norvak, on 13 September 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Not anything inheriting bad, just lack of time.

Posted Image

I issued my incomplete works, and got like 400 downloads. Will anyone use it? Who cares, but better than a deleted.

p.s. ; please don't get that image confused with Nike! I ain't promoting shitty sneakers :P

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher

This post has been edited by Hank: 13 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

E2L1 "Quicksands"

Posted Image

Mr The Killer, E2L2. Or : the very biggest map I've ever made Posted Image

2156 sectors.
16383 walls.
2994 sprites.
745.472 bytes.
3 weeks of work.

Do you think I diserved a beer ? Posted Image ;)

CAPTURES :

Spoiler

@Sanek : I can't see your last image :unsure: My computer, or is your link dead ? :(

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 05:43 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

How many episodes are you planning to make for mTK? I'm curious.

Spoiler

I'm touched by your interest :)

The episode 1 of MTK consisted of six episods. The second, which I'm working on, ... it's complicated! Posted Image

For this episode 2, entitled "Randomaniac", I am planning for three levels. However, the concept is a bit peculiar : each level has a common beginning and end; but the arrangement of the middle is defined randomly at the launch of the level. This means that each of them can be crossed in three different ways Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Exemple : at this launch of E2L1, this is the random mode #3 (/3) wich is drawed. This means that it will be the course 3 that the player will follow, by opening/closing a certain group of doors/paths ; according to that, the total number of present enemies is re-calculated.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Better?
Posted Image

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Much. Danke.

YES !! :lol: I can see it !!!
Spoiler

Awsome colored factory :)

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I like a lot the map layout Seb Luca showed before and the ground texture from Sanek's image.

And seeing that everyone is showing their cool projects' progress, I also want to show some skyboxes (in software renderer) from my Blacklist TC, now that I've just finish working on them:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Thanx ;) It contains so many new surprises ... if you only knew!! :lol:

Excellent parallaxes ;) My favourite is the first (because of the nature side :) )
I suppose that the vertical white lines (on the 2d) are falling rain. Cool rendering !

Share this topic:

• 282 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options