Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I switch from old to newer synthesis from time to time to get things done properly, probably it will cause some problems, so I hope players notice the problems and coders fix it :dukecigar:

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View Postpmw, on 27 January 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

But tl;dr using many years old Mapster is not really good thing. It works, but if you want to use newest Eduke, who knows what kind of compatibility errors you will face there?
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this well, but EDuke32 is designed to play all maps made since 1996, so there shouldn't be any compatibility errors even if you use a nine years old Mapster32.

I insist on this because I want to see a new episode. :dukecigar:

User is offline   pmw 

View PostPerro Seco, on 27 January 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this well, but EDuke32 is designed to play all maps made since 1996, so there shouldn't be any compatibility errors even if you use a nine years old Mapster32.

I insist on this because I want to see a new episode. :dukecigar:

It's been over 2 years since I started TamDuke 2. I developed it for one month and stopped due to this Mapster problem. It was supposed to be a winter mod with even bigger maps than my last episode had. But two years and situation is still the same, so there wont be a new episode. But it's just me, I'm quite sure some other people don't care about the problem.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

You cannot tell us this and expect us not to protest! New episodes are hard to come by these days!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postpmw, on 27 January 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

It's been over 2 years since I started TamDuke 2. I developed it for one month and stopped due to this Mapster problem. It was supposed to be a winter mod with even bigger maps than my last episode had. But two years and situation is still the same, so there wont be a new episode. But it's just me, I'm quite sure some other people don't care about the problem.

What auto selection feature are you talking about? Drawing a selection box? I admit it’s a pretty annoying and useless feature, as mapster wants to draw a box when you simply want to move a vertex. I gather it was put in because the World Tour devs (levellord etc) wanted it, however pretty much everyone else who’s used mapster consistently over the years doesn’t want it.

You can greatly minimise this problem by changing the radius at which a vertex can be dragged in the confit file. I can’t remember how off the top of my head.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm pretty that select feature change was discussed previously including MickyC's workaround. I didn't like the change at first but within a week or two of using newer Mapster the mis-selecting happens so seldom I forgot about it.

However, I still haven't gotten used to the newer color scheme. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 27 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark., on 27 January 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

However, I still haven't gotten used to the newer color scheme. :dukecigar:

edit tiles.cfg file
find the section that reads: "Uncomment this group to get the [OLD_COLOR_SCHEME]"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postpmw, on 26 January 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

I had to download 2 years old Mapster to get rid of that unbeliavably stupid autoselection (Mouse1) feature.

; Point and line highlight/selection distances
pointhighlightdist = 256
linehighlightdist = 1024

Is this what you're talking about?

User is offline   pmw 

View PostMicky C, on 27 January 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

What auto selection feature are you talking about? Drawing a selection box? I admit it’s a pretty annoying and useless feature, as mapster wants to draw a box when you simply want to move a vertex. I gather it was put in because the World Tour devs (levellord etc) wanted it, however pretty much everyone else who’s used mapster consistently over the years doesn’t want it.

You can greatly minimise this problem by changing the radius at which a vertex can be dragged in the confit file. I can’t remember how off the top of my head.

This. One guy wants it and it cannot be disabled from the configs, doesn't work for me.

View PostHendricks266, on 27 January 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

; Point and line highlight/selection distances
pointhighlightdist = 256
linehighlightdist = 1024

Is this what you're talking about?

Not this. This is different thing. I want to disable the whole selection box drawing, I can do that with my SHIFT key. I don't want to do it by MOUSE1.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Finished making the boss of the level for the V2 of my mod.
probably coolest boss ever.
Somekind of a "Drone ship" we fight, it flies by and shoot the player and we must shoot it down.

User is offline   Sanek 

New blocks on a block.

Attached Image: mapster32 2018-01-31 22-27-13-40.jpg

Attached Image: mapster32 2018-01-31 22-25-18-34.jpg

I know that these textures is very easy to make, but it will fit very nicely in the kind of a game I make, which doesn't call for necessarily state-of-art textures. Nevertheless, I will try to make these blocks as diverse as I possibly can, so that's just a sample. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Mark 

Last month I started working on a new map for the previously released Decay project. I was originally going to try and recreate the first level of Kingpin. I soon realized that without borrowing some Kingpin assets I couldn't get the "charm" of the original. So instead this became a regular new map with just a few hints of the Kingpin map in a few areas. My goal is to use only existing assets so if you still have Decay installed on your comp all you will need to do is load the map. This isn't a major project so my hope is to have it done by the end of this month unless I give in to the urge to make it a larger map. Also one of these days I have to finish the Hollywood Holocaust map for Decay I started a few years ago. It got sidetracked while I joined in the HHR mod and my own side projects.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: KPmap.jpg

User is offline   CruX 

so basically the DN64 plasma cannon was put in as the replacement for the devastator, but that really fucked up the game's balancing since the devastator fires small bursts of projectiles automatically. What's in the video was my attempt to fix it. Was sort of a happy little accident that it also salvaged the plasma rifle weapon I'd shown in an earlier video.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Sweet! I know this suggestion is not to DN64 specs, but I would make the charged shot bigger and more badass. The rapid fire is perfect.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 06 February 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Sweet! I know this suggestion is not to DN64 specs, but I would make the charged shot bigger and more badass. The rapid fire is perfect.

It wasn't a fully charged shot. Wanted to keep the video brief

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCruX, on 06 February 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

It wasn't a fully charged shot. Wanted to keep the video brief

Ok but you were charging for 5 seconds...that's a long charge for such a small shot :dukecigar:

User is offline   Sanek 

Prototype of the main character.

Attached Image: S1.png Attached Image: S2.png

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi guys,

I haven't had much spare time lately so I apologize for not posting this sooner but Seb wanted me to share neat little video with you guys so you can see what he's been up to. Looks really promising. (It would be nice if Seb's Eduke Forums account would allow him to post here without having to relay messages through me). In any case here is his exciting preview!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 08 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Duke is getting the band back together.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: THEBAND.jpg

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Hello all!

View PostPaul B, on 08 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Hi guys,

I haven't had much spare time lately so I apologize for not posting this sooner but Seb wanted me to share neat little video with you guys so you can see what he's been up to. Looks really promising. (It would be nice if Seb's Eduke Forums account would allow him to post here without having to relay messages through me). In any case here is his exciting preview!

Thanks a lot, Paul :) Finally, my account has been validated! Thank you to the administrators :dukecigar:

Here is another video : I made a very efficient flamethrower (I hope you like barbecues) :

View PostMark., on 13 February 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Duke is getting the band back together.

Awesome! °0° Are these sprites of your creation? (in all 3D?) I love the weapon, bravo!

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 14 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

User is offline   Mark 

They are all 3D models. Duke is an older HRP model. I rigged and animated him. The zombie band members are from an old zombie model offered for free by I think Psionic. I rigged and animated them, added in the guitars and drums. I touched up the skins too. The drums were made by another forum member but I forgot his name. He gave permission and was given credit in the original project that this new map is being made for. This pic is where I used them in one of the original maps.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 February 2018 - 05:26 AM

Nice work, the characters are expressive ^^

Maybe soon a Duke's Guitar Hero game ? :dukecigar:

User is offline   CruX 

duke's roid raging.

VIP
On top of the original. Below is my work.
Texture, animation and some improvements.
18+
Spoiler

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCruX, on 14 February 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

duke's roid raging.

What happens if you let him suffer without shooting him again? Does he recover, or does he eventually die?

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey people, i'm just gonna drop this here :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by darkcaleb: 16 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Last week I thought about your mod. I'm glad to see the work is still progressing.

The atmosphere is effectively dark and oppressive ^^ Abandoned vehicles tell a story :dukecigar: I like it!

User is offline   CruX 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 16 February 2018 - 12:55 AM, said:

What happens if you let him suffer without shooting him again? Does he recover, or does he eventually die?

he recovers. It only happens if he's been damaged, but i haven't decided on a good hp to set that determination at, right now it's at 50.

Other self-made things...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options