Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Jblade 

There's 5 episodes, no matter how long it takes to make :dukecigar:

User is offline   Sanek 

More screenshots from my project, showcasing all-new textures...

Attached Image: SBZ1.png

Attached Image: SBZ2.png

Attached Image: SBZ3.png

I think I'll try to talk with some programmers and artists in a week or two. :dukecigar:

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Attached Image: 26914094_489271644803734_1553670521_n.png

Attached Image: 26914157_489282768135955_269285729_n.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 13 January 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Great !
This looks like an English place O_o

View PostSanek, on 13 January 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

I thought it was something like Washington DC.

You're both wrong Posted Image

View PostMerlijn, on 13 January 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

That looks great!

Thanks! The great thing about the AMC TC is that it's 100x easier to recreate real life locations.

https://imgur.com/a/BtjT6

View PostMicky C, on 14 January 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

You're both wrong Posted Image

Thanks! The great thing about the AMC TC is that it's 100x easier to recreate real life locations.

https://imgur.com/a/BtjT6

Adelaïde maybe >_>

Anyway it indeed looks close to the original

Not including it but, Tea monsters enforcer here i did for fun

Attached Image: Enforcer.png

It would be interesting have an HRP version of your reload sprites instead, it gives a particular visual experience. I'm talking of screenshoted poses obviously, the outline effect is impossible otherwise.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 16 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostFantinaikos, on 16 January 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

It would be interesting have an HRP version of your reload sprites instead, it gives a particular visual experience. I'm talking of screenshoted poses obviously, the outline effect is impossible otherwise.

Attached Image: Ripper fire.png

Attached Image: RPG.png

Attached Image: library1.jpg

Some finished, others WIP.

Full sprite sheets here

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 16 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Attachment library1.jpg

Full sprite sheets here

I would love to collaborate with you!

New weapon sprite and finished a new fan and end level switch. Once i can figure out how to get these sprites centred ill be in business :dukecigar:

Attached Image: Pistol.png

Attached Image: duke0077.png

Attached Image: duke0078.png

Attached Image: duke0079.png

Attached Image: duke0080.png

User is offline   Paul B 

I'm a bit late with this one, sorry Seb.

Seb Lucas the mastermind behind a few recently released user maps over at DukeMaps.net has sent me a message to share with the community of his up and coming project.

Here is his youtube video of what lays ahead. "Le Tueur 3D":

Thanks Seb looking forward to your release & Happy New Year!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 17 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Attached Image: 2524.png Attached Image: 2525.png Attached Image: 2529.png

• Honored Donor

View PostPaul B, on 17 January 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

Here is his youtube video of what lays ahead. "Le Tueur 3D":

The whole point of the video seems to be falling snow and footstep sounds. He does realise both of those have been in many Duke mods for several years right?

If he hasn’t already I’d suggest he try out a few of the higher profile TCs like WGRealms, AMC TC to get a feel of what’s possible and what has already been done.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 16 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Attachment library1.jpg

Full sprite sheets here

Some of those would really fit DT Star wars mod!

Nice work I really like the Boss pigcop.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostMicky C, on 17 January 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

The whole point of the video seems to be falling snow and footstep sounds. He does realise both of those have been in many Duke mods for several years right?

If he hasn’t already I’d suggest he try out a few of the higher profile TCs like WGRealms, AMC TC to get a feel of what’s possible and what has already been done.
What if he doesn't want to make the best mod in the world? :dukecigar:

By the way, TurboKid and Sebabdukeboss' sprites are very cool!

• Honored Donor

View PostPerro Seco, on 17 January 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

What if he doesn't want to make the best mod in the world? :dukecigar:

That's fine. The mod does look nice. I'm just wondering why the video seems to make a point of so strongly emphasising those two particular common features.

User is offline   Mark 

There is also the flying enemy and it's gib. New shooting sound.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 January 2018 - 04:37 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Now this looks more like a real map. :)

Posted Image

The ones who played CandyMania will immediately recognise the similarity in level design. :dukecigar:

Still working on my custom engine which is able to import Duke3D resources (game art, sounds, and maps). About a week ago I began coding my "Brahma" renderer, which is conceptually similar to Build engine, but is not based on its source code. Now I'm trying to display stacked sectors using stacked wall sections like on the screenshot, the feature that I was striving to get to work in my LNGA mod. The map format my engine uses has a hierarchy of objects with simple properties, making the renderer more flexible. So far I've failed to make it faster than Build for complex maps; the renderer is still buggy and unoptimized and can't even handle sprites and masks, but it's only a matter of time.

Attached Image: CAPT0001.PNG

• Honored Donor

Looks very interesting
Are you aiming for some kind of compatibility with eduke32 in terms of gameplay and con code as well?

View PostMicky C, on 22 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Are you aiming for some kind of compatibility with eduke32 in terms of gameplay and con code as well?

It would be great to run Duke on my engine, but at most I'll try to parse DOS Duke CON scripts to reverse-engineer the gameplay in the future when the engine has working collision detection and visibility check routines. Also one will have to convert effector sprites into equivalent controllers.

User is offline   pmw 

I was bored and made a crappy car:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I had to download 2 years old Mapster to get rid of that unbeliavably stupid autoselection (Mouse1) feature. But damn, it's fun to make maps/cars for Duke. But I've surrended in front of this new feature, and not gonna make an another megaepisode for Duke.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Ah crap, and I already had hallucinations of Tamduke 2 when seeing this. :dukecigar:

User is offline   pmw 

View PostNightFright, on 26 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ah crap, and I already had hallucinations of Tamduke 2 when seeing this. :dukecigar:

Well I already started it, and stopped after a while. Using two years old Mapster? Nooope... Using newest Mapster? No thanks, new selection feature makes go nuts, imho, completely pointless feature.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View Postpmw, on 26 January 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Using two years old Mapster? Nooope...
What's the problem? I'm using a version from 2014 to build my TC and it works just fine.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

They go crazy everytime somone complains about new weird features, so yeah, better stick to an older synthesis.

User is online   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMike Norvak, on 26 January 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

They go crazy everytime somone complains about new weird features, so yeah, better stick to an older synthesis.

rumor has it there are some on the fringes of society that still use build

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postpmw, on 26 January 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

I was bored and made a crappy car:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I had to download 2 years old Mapster to get rid of that unbeliavably stupid autoselection (Mouse1) feature. But damn, it's fun to make maps/cars for Duke. But I've surrended in front of this new feature, and not gonna make an another megaepisode for Duke.

Are you going to share that master piece or keep it all to yourself? That's the nicest Build car i've ever seen.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

User is offline   pmw 

View PostPaul B, on 26 January 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Are you going to share that master piece or keep it all to yourself? That's the nicest Build car i've ever seen.

I doubt, there are some super cool looking cars made in this community, this is just one quickly made bad designed car.
But there you go: https://kk4.fi/u/videoauto.map <- use it however you want.

And about the Mapster issues, I guess I shared my thoughts about it on Simple questions thread, I guess.
But tl;dr using many years old Mapster is not really good thing. It works, but if you want to use newest Eduke, who knows what kind of compatibility errors you will face there? And new Mapster has very bad/strange(imho) selection tool which makes making maps really difficult and annoying. Even it's a new feature, it doesn't always mean it's good. Maybe someone likes it, but I don't. A selection tool like that works for 3D editors(Hammer,3dsmax), where you can actually drag your walls / sectors / items SAFELY... and that's not the case with the Mapster. So it's pointless tool and it's force binded to most used button, MOUSE1 (!).

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options