Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's a cvar (console variable).

r_pr_maxlightpasses 12

is what Mark uses.

I feel like we should default that setting to infinity instead of what it is now. Any objections?

User is offline   David B. 

View PostHendricks266, on 26 August 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

It's a cvar (console variable).

r_pr_maxlightpasses 12

is what Mark uses.

I feel like we should default that setting to infinity instead of what it is now. Any objections?

I have tried it, no changes regarding the issue.

I just have tried a little experience.

For me it should come from the model rendering. Here's maybe a clue.... Well the result is not satisfying yet but I have added meshes divisions on the model to see what happens.
Edit : It seems the least detailed the model is, the worst it is rendered. Why is that ?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: issue.jpg

This post has been edited by David B.: 26 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Mark 

If you are using a version of Eduke32 between 4593 and about 6404 there is a long known problem with some model rendering of normal and spec maps. Update to a newer version and see if your problems go away. That thin sliver of light in your first pic was exactly one of the problems I had up until H266 found and fixed the bug a few revisions ago.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 26 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I posted this in the scary thread, but I made this a while ago but just never released it. Simple little remix of XPlasma.

View PostMark., on 26 August 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

If you are using a version of Eduke32 between 4593 and about 6404 there is a long known problem with some model rendering of normal and spec maps. Update to a newer version and see if your problems go away. That thin sliver of light in your first pic was exactly one of the problems I had up until H266 found and fixed the bug a few revisions ago.
You're right, I just have downloaded the last version 6428 and this fixes the problem.

Soon
Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMister Sinister, on 28 August 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

Soon
Posted Image

When did you start working on this? It seems like you started it a couple of weeks ago and just can't stop mapping, isn't it?
I mean, we all knew that feeling when you have start the map and make huge progress every day because you have the inspiration and energy to do that. :)

User is offline   BestViking 

That looks real nice with the red carpet and all. Can we get some info on the setting/plot?

When did you start working on this? It seems like you started it a couple of weeks ago and just can't stop mapping, isn't it?
I mean, we all knew that feeling when you have start the map and make huge progress every day because you have the inspiration and energy to do that.

I started the map in May. I spent a week and a half working on this, but eventually I ran out of steam and ideas.
Last week I had another outburst of ideas for the map so I started working on it again, it's getting really close to being pretty much finished.

That looks real nice with the red carpet and all. Can we get some info on the setting/plot?

You'll see soon enough

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 28 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on Trequonia V2.
Is the same mod but will have 2 extra level and small fixes.
Extra levels will mostly be "alternate routes" of some levels.
not too hard to be found tho.

View PostZaxtor, on 02 September 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Working on Trequonia V2.
Is the same mod but will have 2 extra level and small fixes.
Extra levels will mostly be "alternate routes" of some levels.
not too hard to be found tho.

A bit like the first secret level of Oblivion's Episode 3 which is an alternate version of the second level ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Yes something like that.

User is offline   juvenite 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 26 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I posted this in the scary thread, but I made this a while ago but just never released it. Simple little remix of XPlasma.

I simply love XPlasma, in my opinion one of the best tracks of the game.

I'm messing around Duke's palette, trying to make it a bit refreshing (although I think it's not looking good at all heh)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 03 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on Trequonia V2.
is just like V1 except has few fixes, improvement, 2 extra levels
(no need to redownload texture pack once is finished, only the grp file and its duke3d.def file)

Working on the alternate route of level 1

Final trip to the void
Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 03 September 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

I simply love XPlasma, in my opinion one of the best tracks of the game.

I'm messing around Duke's palette, trying to make it a bit refreshing (although I think it's not looking good at all heh)

Posted Image

Make the grey greenish so it creates more harmonic contrast with magenta.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 05 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Pics of more simple, dumber version of the TC that I've worked on a couple of months ago (until Eddy became an asshole). That's how the levels will look like (the later ones will be more elaborate). The player must collect all the candies, while the enemies patrol the area or chase the player. That's the final vision of the project - it requires much less from the potential programmer.

I think I will start a "developer's kit" theard in near future, since I don't expect help from Eddy and I don't want to just dump all that stuff into nowhere.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0063.png
  • Attached Image: duke0064.png
  • Attached Image: duke0065.png

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If people are interested, I'll release my skybox blend for HHR. Not just the tiles, but the blend file with the camera rig so you can make your own high-res skyboxes and it will automatically spit out the correct tiles.

Also includes building models and LA skyline backdrop.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 12 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

There are still some glitches, but this is the last piece to make it 100% classic compatible...

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That looks pretty good for a giant voxel.

What are you doing about the 3D explosion effects?

User is offline   Fox 

Unfortunately translucency appears to have been disabled for voxels.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 13 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That is probably because it would be hard to make it look right. Voxels in classic are many small squares overlaid, and you would want the blending to take place only once instead of each square blending with the next. It would probably require a separate buffer which voxels are drawn into, and then that flattened image is drawn to the screen and blended once. The vox2poly that Polymost runs would need to be constructed in a way so that only cubes on the outside surface are constructed. (This may already be the case.) Even then, it may have the problem like HRP Duke models where you can see the sunglasses on the far face through the near face while looking at the back of Duke's translucent head.

User is offline   Fox 

But in this case it wouldn't be a problem.

User is offline   CruX 

recolors

Posted Image

tbh i never understood what they were going for with the shrink ray in DN64 but i always found its goofy ufo-esque design endearing.

a sneak peak
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Put your boots on and jump right in. Its looks refreshing. :)

User is offline   Sanek 

Yes, it's the official title.
Attached Image: CANDYMANIA.jpg
I will start a "developer's kit" theard soon, with complete list of what's done and what needs to be done.

View PostSanek, on 16 September 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yes, it's the official title.
Attachment CANDYMANIA.jpg
I will start a "developer's kit" theard soon, with complete list of what's done and what needs to be done.

"Candy" Are you sure ? I thought King had issued an exclusivity thing on game titles with the words "Candy" and/or "Saga" so I'm wondering ... >_>

Yeah you're right, F*** 'EM !

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 16 September 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

"Candy" Are you sure ? I thought King had issued an exclusivity thing on game titles with the words "Candy" and/or "Saga" so I'm wondering ... >_>

I'm aware of that, but actually King abandoned "candy" trademark back in 2014. :)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options