Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky C, on 08 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Loke has made a teaser trailer for the AMC TC Episode 3. The episode is slightly past the half-finished mark. In case it isn't obvious, the egyptian levels draw a lot of inspiration from Powerslave and other egypt-themed games.

Nice, this just broke 1000 views. Here's another screenshot.

Posted Image

User is offline   BoowHow 

Alright, I finished this section of my Map:

A small supermarket
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There are 2 sections left I want to add before I finish this map. If everything goes well I might be able to finish it next month.Posted Image

User is offline   quakis 

View PostBoowHow, on 23 October 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

Alright, I finished this section of my Map:

I like where this is going, but have a few suggestions for this room (perhaps others too), which should help break up some monotony with a few simple sector height, texture & shading tweaks. I've made a mock up screenshot (not exact) below with some notes, but you're not obligated to do them;

• Increase the height of the central section of the supermarket, to create a divide between the cashier section. You could do the same near the fridge area too. Throw in a ceiling texture change to the lower ceiling section. This should remove some flatness and, in addition, extra depth to the scene.
  • After the first change, this could be a nice approach to the veg/fruit stand for lighting, creating a little more ceiling detail.
  • Since the ceiling has been raised, these aisles could also be raised if desired. I also recommend changing the side texture to something different from the walls so it's not overused. I've done a similar thing to the main walls reusing your green-pal version to reduce repetition.
  • Threw this variant of the wood texture on the sides here for trimming purposes (personal preference) Doing stuff like this just helps solidify your decoration and simply feels more polished overall.
  • Created some difference in shading here. The centre is bright since this area is important and added the darker shading to break up the monotonous lighting, but also helps add extra flavour to the scene. How and where you do apply is of course personal preference.

Good luck with the remaining sections!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by quakis: 23 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

User is offline   BoowHow 

Thanks for the tips quakis.
They really improved the room. Posted Image

User is offline   neoacix 

Just released this map:
https://forums.duke4...ease-spacetrap/

This post has been edited by neoacix: 30 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

User is offline   oldgamerz 

well I am starting to make a mod based off the duke nukem II story in which is actually the prequel to duke 3d. I am only amatuer when it comes to level design but you're free to play the first level I made over night.Iit's not much but I like it, at least love to get feedback on this map I am still in the experimental level design stage.

I forgot to add ceiling lights though

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 30 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   neoacix 

I checked out your map and I kind of saw what you tried to accomplish, but it really looks like an over night job. ;-)
But I can imagine where you want to go with your mod, and I'll probably like it.

User is offline   oldgamerz 

View Postneoacix, on 30 October 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

I checked out your map and I kind of saw what you tried to accomplish, but it really looks like an over night job. ;-)
But I can imagine where you want to go with your mod, and I'll probably like it.

Yes I saw a few errors in my textures on that the first level, but I just recently renamed my first thread in an attempt to go all the way so far I made my second level I keep posting the latest updates when they arrive I plan on doing the best as I can see my other thread for further detailsPosted Image

https://forums.duke4...od-in-progress/

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 30 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   Maarten 

I've been building some stuff since the end of August..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Space1.jpg

This post has been edited by Maarten: 31 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMaarten, on 31 October 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey, it looks really good! I don't remember such stuff from you before!

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postneoacix, on 30 October 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

I was going to comment but forgot: you have a few good ideas but I think more details would do the map a favour. Some areas looks really bland there.

View PostSanek, on 01 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Hey, it looks really good! I don't remember such stuff from you before!

Hey Sanek! Thanks ;) I haven't build much for a loooong time before this, I guess it's more sector based compared to any of my previous work :D

This post has been edited by Maarten: 01 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

User is offline   Jolteon 

Haven't been working on anything new for a while, since I've been focusing on World Tour (And Destiny) for the month. So I finally started a new map, which is gonna be a theme park level. It's not much now, but here's the parking lot which is the starting area.

Attached Image: capt0054.png Attached Image: capt0055.png Attached Image: capt0056.png

Also remember this area seen in Prison Train?

Attached Image: duke0160.png

It will actually be part of the level.

Attached Image: capt0057.png

User is offline   Jmoc 

View PostMaarten, on 31 October 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Are you the Maarten of Maarten Desert?

Edit: yes. I really enjoy your map in WoA, one of the best of the pack!

This post has been edited by Jmoc: 02 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostJmoc, on 02 November 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Edit: yes. I really enjoy your map in WoA, one of the best of the pack!

Yes, it's me! That's one of my first maps!
WoA pack doesn't ring a bell though.. but I guess that's just me ;) Haven't been active at all lately haha

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Trooper Dan's War of Attrition mod.

User is offline   Merlijn 

View PostMaarten, on 02 November 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

Yes, it's me! That's one of my first maps!
(...) Haven't been active at all lately haha

So you could say.. Maarten desert-ed the community for a while.

...I'll leave myself out now.

• Honored Donor

View PostMerlijn, on 03 November 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

...I'll leave myself out now.

You could say Merlin conjured up a bad joke Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMerlijn, on 03 November 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

View PostMicky C, on 03 November 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

You could say Merlin conjured up a bad joke Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I have just tried to remake World Tour textures. Should I continue and reamke all of them?

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I like that idea.

• Honored Donor

What's your reasoning behind the remakes, allowing people to play the maps without owning them legally?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 04 November 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

What's your reasoning behind the remakes, allowing people to play the maps without owning them legally?

What makes you think that? You would still have to pirate the map data, and there probably aren't many (any?) ways to download only those without the rest of WT.

I assume the idea here is to "do it better".

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMicky C, on 04 November 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

I am going to make new maps. I do not like the original.

View PostHendricks266, on 04 November 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

What makes you think that? You would still have to pirate the map data, and there probably aren't many (any?) ways to download only those without the rest of WT.

I assume the idea here is to "do it better".

The idea is... "do it right" at least close to "right".

This post has been edited by Frog: 04 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah the textures are terrible. They're Duke! Zone 2 tier.

User is offline   Jolteon 

I think I've gotten REAL lazy with the name for the theme park! ;)

Attached Image: capt0060.png

• Weaponized Autism

"You're" or "Your"?

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostFrog, on 04 November 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

I have just tried to remake World Tour textures. Should I continue and reamke all of them?

Posted Image

Honestly, this just makes the texture looks like a generic default Duke3d building.
Some people are complaining about the World Tour textures but at least they are not just a recolour like the final boss is.

View PostHendricks266, on 05 November 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

"You're" or "Your"?

I hope it's a joke.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 06 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostLkMax, on 06 November 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

Honestly, this just makes the texture looks like a generic default Duke3d building.
Some people are complaining about the World Tour textures but at least they are not just a recolour like the final boss is.

There are some good textures, but most of them are rips from photos without any overpaint. Duke Nukem 3D has an art style which must be kept in official episodes. Look at Birth, it has great textures.

Again, I am not saying that my texture is right. I am just making my version of textures and maps. There are a lot remakes of E1L1 and everybody loves them, so I am just making my version of Amsterdam for now. Calling it as "Remaster" is only for hype, as I want get a lot of money and become popular. I also have got a bless from Jimmy, that means a lot.

User is offline   Mark 

If you are making them for yourself, of course do it the way you want. But my suggestion to get a few more people on your side would be to spice it up a little. My pic is just a very quick cut/paste using your texture and a bevel filter to make the window look recessed in the frame a little. It can be done much better but it gives you a hint as to what I mean.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: world tour.jpg

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options