Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What an understatement! :(

User is online   Mark 

Trying out some of the NPC's of Dukeplus. Even though they don't interact they are still way better than having an empty chair.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.jpg

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Greyduke HRP ... Duke Noir ... feels interesting.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: greyduke1.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke2.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke3.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke4.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke5.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke6.jpg
  • Attached Image: greyduke7.jpg

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Did you just grayscale the highpals or did you go through all the assets? I hope the former!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostPlagman, on 12 July 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Did you just grayscale the highpals or did you go through all the assets? I hope the former!
Everything...well, a few PNGs did not convert automatically it seems. Keeping the highpals had some interesting effect, too.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

This is what i'm working on. This is what the "quick throw" grenade is for. :( Not gonna say anything else at this time.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nice, Snake Logan always needed a comeback.

User is online   zykov eddy 

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   m210® 

Eddy, where is the description? :(
It looks like on Duke Nukem Advance

User is offline   Player Lin 

Wow, nice job. This DNA port with eduke32 looks like kick ass! :(

I'm planning to make an episode in DNA style. The original version inspired me a lot. It has a unique style of mapping, which is great for a handheld game.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've started making a level using Eddy's Quake TC, using two of my favourite things: polymer lighting and TROR. I might aim for good layout, and good polymer lighting over high detail, So architecture will be simple but hopefully solid. This isn't a real project though, I plan to release something eventually, but I'm not taking this seriously and I have other projects which also require my attention. However by comparison I find this project relaxing as I much prefer dealing with walls and sectors than messing about with sprites and complicated effects.

This is a shade over one hours' work (It's not everything, I'm not that big a spoiler).
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

You mean it took 16 years to Duke to look like Quake?

Now try to make a Duke map in Quake, with viewscreens, hookers and huge streets. It will take them 16 years more :(

View PostMicky C, on 15 July 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I've started making a level using Eddy's Quake TC, using two of my favourite things: polymer lighting and TROR. I might aim for good layout, and good polymer lighting over high detail, So architecture will be simple but hopefully solid. This isn't a real project though, I plan to release something eventually, but I'm not taking this seriously and I have other projects which also require my attention. However by comparison I find this project relaxing as I much prefer dealing with walls and sectors than messing about with sprites and complicated effects.

This is a shade over one hours' work (It's not everything, I'm not that big a spoiler).

Glad you liked my mod and started the level. Looks like the original Quake, very easy to confuse. Great work!

View PostGambini, on 15 July 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

You mean it took 16 years to Duke to look like Quake?

Now try to make a Duke map in Quake, with viewscreens, hookers and huge streets. It will take them 16 years more :(

:(

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh hey, people actually watch my video :(

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Working on making full Duke rotations.
Attached Image: 06.png
Attached Image: 08.png

User is online   Mark 

I'm going crazy with TROR levels, 3 levels in the pictured area, lots of models and Polymer lights. With my middle of the road computer system I'm still getting a minimum of 35 FPS. More in most areas with lesser details. Hopefully in another week or so I will put out the call for a couple of other people to try this map and get their FPS results so I know how heavy I can expect to go with these and other Dukeplus effects I plan to add in.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0008.jpg

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I think it looks fantastic! Is that the doom remake level that you sometimes talk about?

User is online   Mark 

yes it is

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postgerolf, on 16 July 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

Working on making full Duke rotations.
Attachment 06.png
Attachment 08.png

I think that last one looks kinda silly, like Duke is leaning backwards for some reason. Nice idea otherwise.

User is offline   Diaz 

View PostMarked, on 16 July 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I'm going crazy with TROR levels, 3 levels in the pictured area, lots of models and Polymer lights. With my middle of the road computer system I'm still getting a minimum of 35 FPS. More in most areas with lesser details. Hopefully in another week or so I will put out the call for a couple of other people to try this map and get their FPS results so I know how heavy I can expect to go with these and other Dukeplus effects I plan to add in.

I think 35fps minimum on a mid tier computer is pretty good. ATI or NVidia?

User is online   Mark 

Nvidia 9800+ at 1680 x 1050, trilinear filtering, anisotropic filtering 16X, Vsync on.

This post has been edited by Marked: 17 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

User is offline   Diaz 

I asked because 35 fps on an ATI card would be even more awesomeness :(

I just switched back to my ATI 5850 to play some newer games and man, does EDuke run sooooooooo awful...

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostTerminX, on 16 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

I think that last one looks kinda silly, like Duke is leaning backwards for some reason. Nice idea otherwise.

Yeah, I'm working on the angle of that one. Somebody at ZDoom forums pointed that out also.

Thanks.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Working on a new A* pathfinder. The new system automatically builds a node graph directly from the map and saves it to the disk. Node graphs are only built if there isn't one already on the disk, which significantly reduces load time. This is all the easy part. Now to do the actual pathfinding.

User is offline   CruX 

Spoiler

Spoiler

/shrugs

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Seems fun

• Once and Future King

Here it is, node based A*. It's not refined yet, it's only looking at X/Y locations at the moment so it ignores height. That's the next step. It's a little slow, I want to see if I can speed up the searching so there isn't a noticeable pause as it builds the path.

Spoiler

It's not much to look at, but not bad for 6 days work. Red health is nodes it considered (the "closed list"), they start at where the AI was when it was going to build it's path. Blue is the nodes it determined to be the best path (the "open list"), they end where I was standing when I took the screenshot. I'll see if I can come up with some more impressive screens once I get it refined.

This post has been edited by Reaper_Man: 21 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Very cool! already it's looking better than my attempt...interesting to see where you take it in the next couple of weeks.

• Once and Future King

Gonna take a break, either cansee is way more expensive than I realized or I made it unhappy somewhere else.

Is there an easy way to get the center X/Y of sectors and walls? I had an idea for a different type of node graph using walls and sectors to make a navigation mesh instead of a square grid. In theory it would be a lot faster and produce nicer looking paths.

EDIT
Turns out it was my fault, I was applying a really high heuristic. Good news is that it's taking 3D space into account now so it knows to avoid tall red sector walls. Going to see about refining the paths now.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Reaper_Man: 21 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options