Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Just a mock-up, what the smaller HUD should be like:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 11 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I made something very much like this in H266MOD. It dynamically resized too: from empty, each plus added another box. The differences are that it all came in from the left instead of being separated like yours, the space suit was a working inventory item, and I had an additional box for "alt ammo" (such as MORTERs for the never-made Battlelord Minigun).

IMO, I would switch the Inv and Armor boxes, since that makes more sense categorically.

User is offline   Mark 

View Postsedition, on 10 August 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

What program do you use for creating the normal/specular maps? I´m using Crazybump right now, but I´m not sure if there may be an better program.

Paint Shop Pro has been my main graphics program for many years and some Photoshop plug-ins also worked with it. But not the Nvidia normal map plug-in. So I use G.I.M.P. which has a normal map add-on. It does a good job but I still like to do minor tweaking of the normal map in a graphics program.

The spec maps I make in Paint Shop Pro. I convert the texture to greyscale and adjust brightness and contrast.

I am making the weapon for the battlelord in 3d now. But my keyboard sucks and it doesn't work all the time. So i can't really make anything in blender :S

I think i'm done with the vertics of the battlelords gun. Still proper texturing and shading to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had no idea what the back of the weapon was supposed to look like, because on the old battlelord sprites in duke3d, it's impossible to make out what it's really supposed to look like. So i make what i think it looks like, and it went fine.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostFox, on 11 August 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Just a mock-up, what the smaller HUD should be like:

Posted Image

Yeah, but the one in EDuke32 doesn't require new art tiles. ;)

User is offline   Gambini 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 12 August 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

I think i'm done with the vertics of the battlelords gun. Still proper texturing and shading to do.

[I had no idea what the back of the weapon was supposed to look like, because on the old battlelord sprites in duke3d, it's impossible to make out what it's really supposed to look like. So i make what i think it looks like, and it went fine.

That´s a good job but you should learn proper UV mapping before continuing. It may take you a few hours, but well worth as the model will look a lot better. A simple check to know if your UV map is well done is to replace the texture with a checkboard. If any square looks distorted, then you have find better ways to project your texture.

A relatively small project featuring sidescrolling gameplay, has a proper title that I will not yet reveal, though it makes little difference.

Most of this one relies on things already in the game and the stuff I have to add should be relatively simple, though I do plan on changing the weapons and seem to remember hearing that making projectiles was difficult, but then it gets easier when you know how and I'll have to learn eventually.

User is offline   Fox 

Good work. I liked this stuff.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 August 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

seem to remember hearing that making projectiles was difficult, but then it gets easier when you know how and I'll have to learn eventually.

Projectiles themselves are actually quite simple with defineprojectile. Don't be overwhelmed, just piece together the projectile's attributes. Which reminds me, the tutorial on that page needs improvement.

/adds to list

Nice hightreason! I don't like sidescrollers, but i can see that this looks really cool.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 August 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

A relatively small project featuring sidescrolling gameplay, has a proper title that I will not yet reveal, though it makes little difference.

Most of this one relies on things already in the game and the stuff I have to add should be relatively simple, though I do plan on changing the weapons and seem to remember hearing that making projectiles was difficult, but then it gets easier when you know how and I'll have to learn eventually.

I was working on something similar to this also a while back but I got stuck on trying to rotate the APLAYER sprite in the direction the player was facing and some other stuff with the camera.

You could also try rotating the camera too High Treason (see 1:00 I was trying to get a Contra feel going on there) if you feel like mapping/going in one direction is a burden.

I remember this one.

I was originally going to have the game switch back to FPS-Type mode occasionally but it seems that making the APLAYER do things it was not coded to do are difficult, on the other hand, I might try rotation, I could have an X mode and a Y mode.

The real problem I run into is handling the player movement, but there is no reason I shouldn't be able to make the gameplay switch by 90-Degrees, even 45-Degrees may be possible.

There are already sections planned where the player can ride escalators (or conveyer belts) to things in the background/foreground.

@Hendricks266; It is indeed, seems that I have gotten one to work too having read that page as well, though it doesn't seem to kill enemies it does everything else it should, even destroys objects... I believe I have tracked the problem down though.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 16 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostCody, on 16 August 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I was working on something similar to this also a while back but I got stuck on trying to rotate the APLAYER sprite in the direction the player was facing and some other stuff with the camera.

You could also try rotating the camera too High Treason (see 1:00 I was trying to get a Contra feel going on there) if you feel like mapping/going in one direction is a burden.

I remember this, it looks nice too. But damn, dukes running animation looks annoying here.

User is offline   sedition 

Some new WIP-Screenshots of the mod/TC I´m working on along with others. Nothing special (just basic architecture/details missing). There will be an official announcment soon:

Attached Image: capt0010.jpg

Attached Image: capt0017.jpg

Attached Image: capt0018.jpg

Attached Image: capt0019.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

What a coincidence. I was testing out a texture earlier this week and made a similar train track.

The next 2 pics are from my W.I.P. moonbase map.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0006.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0009.jpg

User is offline   Fox 

Just testing the Pig-in-a-Dress with the Duke palettes

Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Duke-Robot wants to kill you! ;)Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't see the point of making the exact same post in the exact same section of the same forum, having two threads consecutively at the top of the same page doesn't get you any more attention than one thread.

To add some value to this post, I'll say that side by side, I prefer this gun to the previous one. The dukebots look ok, but it's hard to tell without seeing their animations. The room on the other hand looks quite empty. Generally speaking the locations shown so far are a bit light-on in the detail department but as it's all WIP I won't go on about that, especially since the focus of these shots is on the sprites themselves rather than the maps, which can be modified quite easily.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Micky, I thought that all forgot about Rush Hour.

P.S/
I ve just draw animation and Eddy Zykov helpt me with CONs. I had to make screenshot ( as I sad I thought that all forgot about Rush Hour).

The robot head isn't cut and pasted from other textures? Cool, i wish i could draw ;)

User is online   zykov eddy 

F͎̺̰ͯ́ͫ̓̚o͍͈̞͉̯̬ l̮̣̞̒̉l̘͕ͨ̉̌͋òͭ̋ ̪͈̫͚̩̉́w̜̼̝̪͒ͨ̓ ͚͕̜s̘

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Flashlight = cool
One of these days I have to figure out how to get one of those into my projects. I'm looking forward to getting scared and crapping my pants when I play your mod. ;)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postzykov eddy, on 24 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

F͎̺̰ͯ́ͫ̓̚o͍͈̞͉̯̬ l̮̣̞̒̉l̘͕ͨ̉̌͋ò̪͈ ̫͚̩ͭ̋̉́w̜̼̝̪͚͕̜ ͒ͨ̓s̘

Posted Image

Very nicely done there. Slender is a great little shit-your-pants game.

Just did a 3d model in blender for a weapon ( a spider-like walking mine for my mod ) to be just imported as a png sprite for 1st person view.
It need a bit more work on lights and some particulars, but i think the first impression is good:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: blender001.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 25 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

F͎̺̰ͯ́ͫ̓̚o͍͈̞͉̯̬ l̮̣̞̒̉l̘͕ͨ̉̌͋ò̪͈ ̫͚̩ͭ̋̉́w̜̼̝̪͚͕̜ ͒ͨ̓s̘

Wow, that's subtle. Nicely done!

User is offline   Gambini 

F͎̺̰ͯ́ͫ̓̚o͍͈̞͉̯̬ l̮̣̞̒̉l̘͕ͨ̉̌͋òͭ̋ ̪͈̫͚̩̉́w̜̼̝̪͒ͨ̓ ͚͕̜s̘

http://cs410323.user...eWc0ivwtmMA.jpg

Looks moody but that is some ugly looking truck model and the light seems to come from behind the flashlight.

If you can´t find a better model, at least desaturate the purple from the tires.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 25 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostGambini, on 25 August 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Looks moody but that is some ugly looking truck model and the light seems to come from behind the flashlight.

If you can´t find a better model, at least desaturate the purple from the tires.

Okay, thanks for the tip.

I think the truck looks fine. But purple tires?

User is offline   Mark 

Here is proof that very large monsters were fighting each other long before Tokyo was built. ;)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0003.jpg

This post has been edited by Marked: 25 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options