Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

View PostForge, on 06 June 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

ah, the wisdom of the ancients...

they should change the title of this thread to "best screen shot of stuff nobody will ever see"

That's what I love about Duke. One-man projects are still feasible.

User is offline   Diaz 

3 out of 6 levels from the new Fusion episode are finished and work is steadily progressing, so in my case I'd say you can be sure it will be released before this year ends. And since core functionality is already there, if I can't finish all 6 levels, I'll release what I have :)

As a bonus here's screens of test stuff I'm doing just to gain experience with Polymer lighting...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Diaz: 06 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That looks amazing. I noticed an HRP enforcer, but it appears that most of the textures and models are custom. Is the HRP going to be a requirement for the TC?

View PostDiaz, on 06 June 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wickedly moody atmosphere. :)

User is offline   Mark 

That last shot is the best. Overall I love the urban decay look.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

DT, he said this is just test stuff so presumably unrelated to his TC? In any case, this looks awesome.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Damn, I really need to get back into editing again.

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostDiaz, on 06 June 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

3 out of 6 levels from the new Fusion episode are finished and work is steadily progressing, so in my case I'd say you can be sure it will be released before this year ends. And since core functionality is already there, if I can't finish all 6 levels, I'll release what I have :)

As a bonus here's screens of test stuff I'm doing just to gain experience with Polymer lighting...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I love what can be seen. But, wouldn´t you use something like Photobucket next time? Just upload an image and use the direct link inside IMG brackets.

Regularily, i wouldn´t care. But your shots are very good to not being able to enjoy them because that imageshack crap.

imgur is the best there currently is, afaik.

User is offline   Gambini 

Yeah, whatever that doesn´t link to a 600x400 image with lots of ads slowing down your browser.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

@Diaz, which textures are you using for the owner of those spotlights, the same as the texture being used for the lights?

User is offline   Diaz 

Yes, this is test stuff. Some textures are sourced from CGTextures.com and edited by me (the buildings and bathroom/wood walls, for example), but there's a lot of stuff ripped from games like Crysis, Crysis 2 and Gears of War and I'm not sure I can release that. These games are too "new" and that bothers me. I'm just trying to get a decent urban decay look just so I know what to aim for when I start making my own models :P

The textures for the spotlights are a mix of custom stuff and projections from Doom 3.

And yeah, imageshack sucks too much... next time I guess I'll use imgur :)

This post has been edited by Diaz: 06 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

For my Duke3D/DNF mod I was at first gonna put the DNF sprites in the same animations as the DN3D ones but then I thought about tweaking them a bit, like changing the way the Battlelord holds his weapon.

This is a simple idea of how the Battlelord might look in my mod.
Posted Image
Yeah I know its not perfect

You guys think its a good idea?

EDIT: Threw it in and looks pretty good :)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 07 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   sedition 

View PostDiaz, on 06 June 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Yes, this is test stuff. Some textures are sourced from CGTextures.com and edited by me (the buildings and bathroom/wood walls, for example), but there's a lot of stuff ripped from games like Crysis, Crysis 2 and Gears of War and I'm not sure I can release that. These games are too "new" and that bothers me. I'm just trying to get a decent urban decay look just so I know what to aim for when I start making my own models :P

The textures for the spotlights are a mix of custom stuff and projections from Doom 3.

And yeah, imageshack sucks too much... next time I guess I'll use imgur :)

Awesome Screenshots, Diaz. Especially the 3rd one is amazing. I'm also working on a mod and am looking for textures. Can you perhaps give me some instruction on how I can rip textures from Crysis and Crysis 2?

Thanks in advance.

User is offline   Diaz 

Crysis uses .dds for textures, stored inside the .pak files (which you can open with WinRar). There's a plugin around to open .DDS in Photoshop, and many programs like Noesis can convert them to other formats.

And you can actually use DDS directly into EDuke32.

User is offline   Diaz 

Lol, didn't know about that. I'm not much into that format - is the compression better than .PNG or is it lossy?

This post has been edited by Diaz: 07 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

No, it's lossy; the value of DDS is your textures are already DXT-compressed offline, meaning you can just pass them through the GPU without having to run through expensive texture compression at pre-caching time. It also includes a full mipmap chain, it's fully ready for the GPU out of the box. In that spirit it's the same as our compressed on-disk texture cache.

EDuke32's support for DDS comes from KPLIB and is more a convenience than anything else, since it uncompresses the DXT data in software and discards the mipmap when reading it from disk (after that, hightile re-compresses it and re-generates mipmaps like every other image format and writes it to the disk cache).

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on a miniboss. Probably the longest to make miniboss ever. Game.con soo far hiked of 80k-100k just for that miniboss alone.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostWesker500, on 07 June 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

For my Duke3D/DNF mod I was at first gonna put the DNF sprites in the same animations as the DN3D ones but then I thought about tweaking them a bit, like changing the way the Battlelord holds his weapon.

This is a simple idea of how the Battlelord might look in my mod.
Posted Image
Yeah I know its not perfect

You guys think its a good idea?

EDIT: Threw it in and looks pretty good :P
Posted Image

It looks pretty damn intimidating. Actually, it reminds me of the Death Knight from Spear of Destiny. I wish the original model had some more color to it, though. It's so... gray. :)

Nice conversion, though.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 07 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

nice mob
This thing reminds me of that doom monster called a mancubus accept is in better shape and not morbidly obese.

View PostPlagman, on 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

No, it's lossy; the value of DDS is your textures are already DXT-compressed offline, meaning you can just pass them through the GPU without having to run through expensive texture compression at pre-caching time. It also includes a full mipmap chain, it's fully ready for the GPU out of the box. In that spirit it's the same as our compressed on-disk texture cache.

EDuke32's support for DDS comes from KPLIB and is more a convenience than anything else, since it uncompresses the DXT data in software and discards the mipmap when reading it from disk (after that, hightile re-compresses it and re-generates mipmaps like every other image format and writes it to the disk cache).

Eduke32 supports DDS files? Dang, didn't even know that. I wouldn't mind using that instead if it means better memory management and load times... provided that photoshop's DDS convertor can generate its its alpha channel the PNG's transparency. I don't think I've ever tried that.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It doesn't mean better ANYTHING when you use DDS in EDuke32. You'd really might as well not even bother. The whole benefit of DDS files is lost when using the kplib implementation.

That's niiiiiice, Wesker. I can't wait until that mod is released.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Finished that complex miniboss.

May look like a pigsty of effectors but ingame is probably one of the coolest boss I've ever made.
Tiles are red ingame btw,
Also boss is made smart so its bouncing projectile it shoots doesn't make the boss shoot itself to death if we go behind it.
It doesn't shoot when we're out of its eyesight (neat trick).

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

That looks insane Zaxtor, looking forward to fighting it ingame :) BTW are you going to change the default guns in this new TC of yours? I got a bit sick of the normal Duke pistol and stuff in Oblivion TC so having a better starting weapon would be cool.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

There are a few custom guns.

gun 7a 7b and 10th gun.

Trip bomb I might change it.
I doubt it it will be that insane mass destructive tripbomb like Oblivion that makes a tremendously insane radius of damage.

Pistol remains the same.

The weap before pistol wont be the boot.
It will be the claws. Does more dmg than boot and pistol.
Can kill liztroop instantly.
Wolverine has huge claws remember D:.

Certain weaps will have some add on, like oblivion.

There will be some special items such as armor regeneration etc.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

View PostZaxtor, on 08 June 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Finished that complex miniboss.

What does the boss himself look like? Or is it too much of a spoiler to post some screens of him?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Boss is a machine that shoot projectiles and when it get a certain amount of damage it disappear and reappear in a diff location.

Is a bit of an adrenaline pumping boss type.
You must move a lot in order not to get shot to death.

Is not as hard as the "main boss of the level"
Cus is a miniboss.

Always liked "multisprite" bosses :)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options