Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Gambini 

Awesome!

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMarked, on 30 April 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

" In the hall..... of the Mountain King"

Its hard to believe those rock textures are 2D. Praises to whomever is responsible for creating that texture.

Wow, holy shit! Now scenes like this is what Polymer really shines at.

Its hard to believe those rock textures are 2D. Praises to whomever is responsible for creating that texture.

Dude, that looks insane!

User is offline   CruX 

Do I detect a W.A.R reference there?

This post has been edited by EmericaSkater: 01 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

Marked that looks amazing!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Dude, that is amazing.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Very nice!

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks for all the compliments. Some of you may have recognized that area from previous posts about my GraveyardTC. But with the new and improved rock texture from the HRP and that statue model it really sets the mood. The custom enemies and sounds that will eventually get added in this area will really finish it off.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

How's progress on the rest of that TC going?

User is offline   Mark 

I'd say the main map is 95 percent done. I'm leaving 5 percent open to re-doing to accomodate anything needed after the custom enemies get placed. Then there is a bonus map that is also just short of complete awaiting the enemies. I can't seem to concentrate and complete one project at a time. I've cut back from 5 to 3 but I still feel too spread out. I'm sure a few others know the feeling. And if you have read some of my other posts, I'm a struggling noob doing enemy replacements. Its going to be a while yet before I'm done.

This post has been edited by Marked: 01 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMarked, on 01 May 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I've cut back from 5 to 3 but I still feel too spread out. I'm sure a few others know the feeling.

/slow nod of recognition

User is offline   Diaz 

So is that rock texture from the HRP? It does look amazing indeed.

User is offline   Mark 

Its tile 5115. Its the 3rd tile of an animated set.

User is offline   pmw 

I just finished my secret level for my episode.
I wanted to create something strange, funny and dumbass level.

Posted Image
Posted Image

More images here: http://petteri.muumilaakso.fi/f/pmw8/

Now level just needs MUCH betatesting.

This post has been edited by pmw: 05 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Are those vending machines shooting rockets at you?

User is offline   pmw 

View PostMicky C, on 05 May 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Are those vending machines shooting rockets at you?

Yes. And at the same time, player needs to jump trough those rocks to up to the mountain.

This post has been edited by pmw: 05 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Wow. Its hard to believe this thread was found on the second page. I thought maybe it was combined with another one or maybe lost. I was going through my game resources scattered all over my drives and found a LoWang model. A couple of years ago someone else made the model and I skinned it for him. I don't remember who the other person is. I was wondering if they made the transition from the 3DR forums to here and recognise their work. BTW, this is just a rendering of the model cut and pasted into the screen pic.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.jpg

This post has been edited by Marked: 24 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostMarked, on 24 May 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Wow. Its hard to believe this thread was found on the second page. I thought maybe it was combined with another one or maybe lost. I was going through my game resources scattered all over my drives and found a LoWang model. A couple of years ago someone else made the model and I skinned it for him. I don't remember who the other person is. I was wondering if they made the transition from the 3DR forums to here and recognise their work. BTW, this is just a rendering of the model cut and pasted into the screen pic.

I KNEW IT.
Duke would meet the warrior of Shadow warrior one day. (if is him).

Nice pic.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 25 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postpmw, on 05 May 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I just finished my secret level for my episode.
I wanted to create something strange, funny and dumbass level.

Haha that's awesome so weird and random, I love it. xD Nice Empire State Building too btw.\

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Working on a sound pack that hopes to faithfully recreate a lot of Duke3D's sounds in high quality. It is coming along alright, but, I am having some issues. I wish there was a way to override the way sounds behave, so previous sounds don't get cut out by another so they can overlap, and so they don't pitch-shift as much. (The Freezethrower is a good example of both cutoff and pitch-shifting wierdness, the Shrinker is a good example of too much pitch-shifting ruining the new sound, same with explosions.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

User is offline   Diaz 

You can do that by editing the values associated with sound files in USER.CON...

This post has been edited by Diaz: 25 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

• Auramancer

I'd prefer to do something that doesn't involve editing the CON files. Mutators(if the damn things could be autoloaded... :\) or DEF only.

If there's a way to do things that way, I'd be very happy. I'll be sure to get the pack released here soon as well, I'm hoping it can become part of the HRP, for sounds.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostStrikerMan780, on 25 May 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

If there's a way to do things that way, I'd be very happy. I'll be sure to get the pack released here soon as well, I'm hoping it can become part of the HRP, for sounds.

Some time ago I had the same idea, an HQ pack for sounds and I started to re-equalize, mixing, adding new support sounds (like subsonic to some explosions, real sounds, more body and depth to others) adding stereo imaging and effects like reverbs, etc. to a few of the old sounds, but I still don't know if that's right, you know, modify the original sounds. What software are you using? Are you making everything from scratch / using free web sounds?
It sounds really interesting!!!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is the proper way to make a sounds pack: http://www.perkristi..._doom-sfx.shtml

• Auramancer

View PostNorvak, on 25 May 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Some time ago I had the same idea, an HQ pack for sounds and I started to re-equalize, mixing, adding new support sounds (like subsonic to some explosions, real sounds, more body and depth to others) adding stereo imaging and effects like reverbs, etc. to a few of the old sounds, but I still don't know if that's right, you know, modify the original sounds. What software are you using? Are you making everything from scratch / using free web sounds?
It sounds really interesting!!!

I'm using Audacity, and I'm mostly making sounds from scratch, but, am also using some free sounds from freesound.org. Some of the original sounds are blended in, like for my Shotgun, which sounds a lot clearer with more depth and bass, but is extremely faithful to the original. The pistol, is from scratch and is an envisioning of what I'd think the pistol should sound like when made in higher quality. When sampled back down to 8000khz, it sounds extremely close to the original pistol. The pistol reload sound was recorded from my microphone, using an airsoft pistol, with some editing, it sounds quite close to the Duke3D Pistol reload.

For ambient sounds, like water drips, wind, and whatnot, I took liberties, just going for what sounds best. The ambient sounds come mostly from Freesound, although some other ambient noises are edited Duke Nukem Forever sounds (Like the WARAMB sounds).

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I actually contacted Perkristian a while ago about collaborating on an HQ sound project, but he said he's too busy and not interested enough in Duke3D to pursue it.

User is offline   Mark 

I managed to get a partially working skeleton model to replace the newbeast. I was taking some screen caps of one of the animations and I happened to catch it just right for this joke.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0002.jpg

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I know that feeling brother.

Since I have an idea and inspiration for mapping I started new project :)

Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I'm starting to learn how to modify Duke 3D with Eduke thanks to help from Nukem Dave so now I'm changing the sprites into some DNF sprites.
Posted Image
(Yes I know my RPG sprite sucks balls lol but It'll have to do until I can figure out how to get it right, this is my first time modding Duke 3d lol)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options