Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Darkus 

Finished the new episode. Quite difficult towards the end, but I liked. Also recognized a lot of Dark Forces/Jedi Knight textures...

The level that gave me the most trouble was the CTF sewers map, after the emperor rebalanced the game, lot of zombies decimated my team, I run out of ammo often, and Mando Fett keep taking the flag without trouble. Even after respawning, a zombie immediately stick to you. But at least, after some retries I managed to win by camping.

Now I updated the mod to try some maps and I found a bug: I started a game in Damn I'm good skill, and when a monster respawn, it act weird, and your partner don't shoot them.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I posted an update on Mod DB today (version 3.13) but it won't fix the DIG bug. I'm assuming that the bug has to do with the reviving enemies that only happens on DIG, and variables not getting reset properly because I didn't code with that feature in mind. I will need to do another update for DIG compatibility, but don't expect one soon.

ifrespawn ife gametype 0
    {
	  addkills -1
      spawn TRANSPORTERSTAR
      cstat 257
      strength LIZSTRENGTH
      ai AILIZGETENEMY
    }

Taking a quick look at my code, it does check for gametype 0 before respawning, so I think the bug will only happen during normal campaigns (i.e. it won't affect Space Gladiators).

Inside the braces, there is supposed to be a line that says "set monstatus 1" monstatus gets set to 2 when the monster is killed, and if it stays at 2 it is treated as dead (it will act weird and no one will shoot at it). You could do a find/replace searching for "addkills -1" and fix this pretty quickly if you are interested

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

(Doublepost, see below.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 March 2020 - 11:26 PM

• The Truth is in here

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake with the latest 3.13 release? I am trying to run this as-is with the provided exe from the pack and it doesn't start at all. I have abbreviated the log below since otherwise it's too many similar lines to read.

From eduke32.log:
Spoiler

EDIT:
OK, this apparently happens if the game doesn't find duke3d.grp for some reason.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 March 2020 - 11:35 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 19 March 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

OK, this apparently happens if the game doesn't find duke3d.grp for some reason.

Yeah, that's always been the case.

From the included ALIEN ARMAGEDDON START.rtf file:

Troubleshooting:

If you own Duke Nukem 3D but Alien Armageddon will not start, it may be that you didn’t put a copy of your DUKE3D.GRP data file in the game folder. If you open the file ‘eduke32.log’ after a failed run, scroll down and find an error that says “No palette loaded”, then that is most likely the cause. In any case, make sure that you have the file DUKE3D.GRP and place a copy of it within the alien_armageddon folder where the executable resides.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

posted by NightFright in a different thread (presumably by accident):

With 3.13, a new (non-critical) warning has been introduced:
scripts/AAGAME.CON: In event `EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES':
scripts/AAGAME.CON:30914: warning: duplicate case ignored.

It doesn't only seem to concern that line since if you comment that one out, it will list the next line (30915), then the next and so on.

I have fixed this on my end. It was a harmless error, since it was just listed twice to do the same thing. I'm not sure why commenting it out had that result for you, but I have no duplicates now.

There's a lot of tiles listed there so that when you use nightvision goggles they will look like a different tile.

• The Truth is in here

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I got a bunch of forum errors while posting all of a sudden and it seems stuff ended up in the wrong section afterwards somehow. Anyway, good that you found it, anyway.

Oh, and one last thing: In newssounds.con, there are some duplicate entries, too. Because of that, some edits of existing sounds are not actually used (even though I doubt the difference can really be heard ingame).

scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON:395: warning: sound 261 already defined (hydro43.voc)
scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON:424: warning: sound 323 already defined (aisle402.voc)
scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON:498: warning: sound 170 already defined (grind.voc)
scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON:499: warning: sound 21 already defined (shorted.voc)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 March 2020 - 03:43 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

So I downloaded the latest version (3.13) and bumped into a small glitch: in the disco section in first Caribbean mission, a girl wandered into a yellow coloured spot, and her sprite started blinking/disappearing when the yellow light was not there
Attached Image: duke0001.png
Attached Image: duke0002.png
Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Must be a renderer thing. There's nothing specific to the mod that would cause that. By the way, it should be safe to use the latest Eduke32 instead of the included one.

User is offline   Jim 

Is there anyway to get AA working with the Dukehard mod?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 27 March 2020 - 10:55 PM, said:

Is there anyway to get AA working with the Dukehard mod?

Yes and no. I mean you could, but, it would take some scripting knowledge. Duke Hard is mostly vanilla, but it has a little code you would have to integrate into AA, and the episode defs would need to be ported in. I'm not going to do it, and I think it would probably piss off some of those involved in Duke Hard if someone did it and then released it like that. It would be fun to play though.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I'm not sure if a bug, but after playing the Gladiators episode for a bit I'm now getting coins falling out of enemies in the original episodes.

I ran the game just for a couple of times, first played some E1 with Bombshell only, then the Gladiators episode -- got to the hub and then played two VR levels (this was in one sitting). I quit after that and next time I started E3 with both playable characters I started getting coins, and the same with New Invasion.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

You shouldn't have unlocked it yet, but completing a specific mission in gladiators unlocks
Spoiler

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The portable vendor upgrade, which is what you use the coins for, is unlocked after you have completed all three of the ancients battles in Space Gladiators. This would be kind of hard to miss, though.

You can assign a key to the portable vendor in the keyboard setup menu. Do so, and if you press the button and it says that the vendor isn't unlocked yet, that means the coins dropping is a bug.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 28 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

User is offline   QuickWolf 

Is this some kind of bug?
I just attacked the blue assistant cause she was being very annoying and she called the guards, then shelly took care of them (since she can use her weapons and i dont) and after some cycles of that the assistant start saying "auto aiming"
I'm really liking this mod, keep up the good work ;)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Captura de Ecrã (8).png

This post has been edited by QuickWolf: 28 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah it looks like a bug. We didn't do a lot of playtesting where the player attacks Tess. Tess is not supposed to be available for interaction after you go hostile to the point where the guards are called in (you have to attack her about 7 times before that happen). I think if you go to a match and then return, Tess will be gone anyway. If I were to fix it I would probably just change it so that the guards keep coming until you die.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

thetiger39 doing a Space Gladiators playthrough right now if anyone wants to watch with me:

https://www.twitch.tv/thetiger39

Attached Image: AAcollector's.jpg
Attached Image: AAcollectorbuyinglist.jpg

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 31 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

WoW !!!! Awesome !!! ;)

User is offline   Darkus 

Looks like the Bombshell model is improved...

Also, Multiplayer can be real with 2 players split-screen ;)

View PostDarkus, on 02 April 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Looks like the Bombshell model is improved...

Also, Multiplayer can be real with 2 players split-screen ;)

Yes. You're the first to mention it. I now have a newer Bombshell model to work with. But you won't see her until the next official release, along with other modified vanilla enemies.

User is offline   Jim 

So I managed to get both Metropolitian mayhem and Duke hard working with AA. Both work pretty well and it is a new playing experience. But I think those rail gun guys are too strong to be replacing regular troopers.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 04 April 2020 - 03:07 PM, said:

So I managed to get both Metropolitian mayhem and Duke hard working with AA. Both work pretty well and it is a new playing experience. But I think those rail gun guys are too strong to be replacing regular troopers.

You assumed their gender. ;)

User is offline   Jim 

Bug report:

If a sewer cover needs to be blown up, and shelly's turret lands on top of the sewer cover, the rockets will go crazy because they are unable to hit what is beneath them.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's an edge case, and surely has to do with projectiles behaving strangely when told to fire at very high zvel (nearly straight down). Just pick up the turret and move it a little distance away. I posted a 3.14 update a few days ago which is on Mod DB and don't plan any more updates for a long time unless very serious bugs are uncovered.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 April 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

I posted a 3.14 update a few days ago which is on Mod DB and don't plan any more updates for a long time unless very serious bugs are uncovered.

I finally got around to fixing the remaining fullbrights for that update which had bugged me to no end while playing through the Gladiator episode.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 05 April 2020 - 12:01 AM

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 March 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

Stand on the lettered sector until it turns blue. Badguys will try to stand on it and turn it red. Your team gets points per second depending on how many of the A, B, C sectors you control. You also get a few points for killing members of the other team, but mainly you kill them to keep them off your lawn.

I thought everyone automatically knew how to play Control / King of the hill ;)
aparently not, maybe people need to pick up halo and play king of the hill....

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Ugh, I'm still getting "bug reports" from people who have downloaded version 1.3 of Duke 3D and have missing episode 4 textures. If you are going to pirate the game can you at least get the correct version? Is there a way we can eradicate 1.3 from the internet so only Atomic is available?

User is offline   Marya 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 02 April 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yes. You're the first to mention it. I now have a newer Bombshell model to work with. But you won't see her until the next official release, along with other modified vanilla enemies.
Wait, why do I have to buy the most expensive version to get bombshell boob physics and her thong??? I should get boob physics for free!

I mean i just downloaded 3 mods that gave some characters from a kid like game (Spyro Reignited) boobs and boob physics FOR FREE!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 20 April 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Ugh, I'm still getting "bug reports" from people who have downloaded version 1.3 of Duke 3D and have missing episode 4 textures. If you are going to pirate the game can you at least get the correct version? Is there a way we can eradicate 1.3 from the internet so only Atomic is available?
In the words of Duke nukem "Quit wasting my time." pretty sure the steam world tour has the atomic edition in it.... And megaton for those who were able to grab it (I did YAY!!) Really wish they'd re-release Megaton I personally think it's a superior version... and more like the original.

This post has been edited by Marya: 20 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

User is online   ck3D 

Just ran into this video:

And noticed you guys repurposed the AMC Pleaser map I made with Maarten over a decade ago for this? I'm hyped actually, it's super cool to see such an old level brought to life and attention again. But did I miss anyone consulting us? Or did you guys only consult Maarten (who made <30% of the level, mostly the back alley/sewer section and the layout of the arcade room) as his brother Merlijn was also a contributor to the episode - did that go through via him instead? Again, it's totally cool by me, I embrace the move, the more people get to play it the better especially in such cool conditions and I'm honored you picked that map if anything, I'm really just a bit curious.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 20 April 2020 - 06:57 PM

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options