Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Jim 

I prefer to play with texture filtering. Is this new version of AA going to need a special version of Eduke? If so, can a version of eduke with texture filtering be included? Thanks

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 04 March 2020 - 11:23 PM, said:

I prefer to play with texture filtering. Is this new version of AA going to need a special version of Eduke? If so, can a version of eduke with texture filtering be included? Thanks

No special version. It ships with r8642 which it has been tested with, but I think they fixed the recent save/load crash bug so it should work with the very latest revision.

Posted Image

User is offline   Northrawn 

Installing. ;)

Just tested it a bit and it runs fine.

I started it with copied cfg files from the previous version and also with the default cfg files. In both cases I have a pure black skybox in the Life's a Beach-Episode. Is this intentional or a bug, as the last version of AA still had the light blue skybox?

Does anybody else have this?

If yes. Is there a client side fix (i.e.: copy tilesXY.art from previous version or so)?

As said. I only started it to see if it runs. So I cannot say how the new Episode is. But the beginning I saw is very, very promising. :lol:

Thanks for the great mod.

This post has been edited by Northrawn: 05 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNorthrawn, on 05 March 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

I started it with copied cfg files from the previous version and also with the default cfg files. In both cases I have a pure black skybox in the Life's a Beach-Episode. Is this intentional or a bug, as the last version of AA still had the light blue skybox?

Does anybody else have this?

No it's definitely still supposed to be the normal skybox. Nothing changed there.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

If a clean install doesn't resolve the issue, the next thing to look at is the hardware.

User is offline   Northrawn 

Fixed. Apparently it was a cache issue, or something.

Me stupid: I first installed it and immediately copied the cfg from version 2 into the new folder (cause I hate rebinding keys and moues in eDuke32). Then I copied the new cfg files over my old ones.

A fresh install solved the problem.

And the ribinding is also done. ;)

• Duke Plus Developer

Minor update to the download at Mod DB:
  • changed the random swinelord spawn when playing older episodes with randomized enemies on, now the swinelords can only replace Battlelords and never pigcops
  • Added the censcored tiles folder for people who want to replace the R rated tiles with PG

User is offline   stumppy84 

Awesome mod so far!

User is offline   MC84 

Great work guys; I have to say I'm really impressed by the enemy AI - I always thought duke was very limited with AI behaviours but I've found the bots to be a solid challenge so far!

User is offline   max_nukem 

In gladiators episode, Where to find two crystals?

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmax_nukem, on 07 March 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

In gladiators episode, Where to find two crystals?

Have you looked in the viewscreens that are unlocked by the keycards yet? You need to find the doorways opened by the keycards.

Spoiler

You would probably get a quicker answer in the Discord: https://discord.gg/JUypdU6

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 07 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, truly is a blast Good Job guys!!

I just beat the 1,000 years ago battlelord and maybe completed a match after. It says to continue the story but I don’t know where to go.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststumppy84, on 07 March 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

Yeah, truly is a blast Good Job guys!!

I just beat the 1,000 years ago battlelord and maybe completed a match after. It says to continue the story but I don’t know where to go.

From your description, I can't tell whether you have actually reached the point where you need to do another story progression mission (doesn't sound like it though), or whether you exposed some kind of bug. I'm on Discord, and the link is above.

EDIT: The reason it's hard to tell from your description is, once you get access to the 1,000 year ago fight, you can choose to ignore it for a while and do more matches. So potentially the next ancients fight could be what you have to do next, or it could be that something got messed up. I would need to know more details, like whether you have a keycard in your possession, whether you have checked the main elevator that goes to the arena (not just the teleporter) and exactly which match you had done last.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 07 March 2020 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the info! I just went back to the library and played the next ancient fight! That first one is tough!

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststumppy84, on 07 March 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the info! I just went back to the library and played the next ancient fight! That first one is tough!

Glad to hear it wasn't a bug. ;)

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

A very small thing, you get a warning in the logs:
scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON:2100: warning: sound 1655 already defined (sounds/sparking1.wav)

This is happening due to these defs:
define SPARKING1 1655
definesound SPARKING1 sounds/sparking1.wav 0 0 72 0 0
define SPARKING2 1656
definesound SPARKING1 sounds/sparking2.wav 0 0 72 0 0

As you can see, "SPARKING1" in the last line should obviously be "SPARKING2". Probably a classic copy-paste error.

Other than that... I didn't have the time to check this out since the very first release, but it seems a lot of contents has accumulated by now so that it's pretty much mandatory to finally catch up. This has always been a highly professional release which rivals commercial products and it's great to see it growing even more over time.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 March 2020 - 03:40 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

Twitch stream by Mister Copper of the new AA episode starting now!!

https://www.twitch.tv/mistercopper

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 March 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Twitch stream by Mister Copper of the new AA episode starting now!!

https://www.twitch.tv/mistercopper

Just watched the end of it. Gotta say it was an otherwordly feeling hearing my voice at the end. Thanks for bringing me on board for Duke's voice. It was really fun to record those two lines. I'd play the mod if I could run it, but it looked excellent. ;)

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah that was a fun and useful stream, thanks to Copper for doing that. I have made some notes on bugs and other things for the next patch.

User is offline   Doomfrost 

I love this. Everything plays fast paced, the addition of another playable character with their own weapon set is a great idea. New enemies and campaigns, awesome stuff. Do you know if other allied characters will show up in the roster or will it just be Duke and Bombshell? Love the variety of weapons, though I wish those deployed turrets by Shelly could tank a little more of a beating before exploding. Anyways thanks for the great expansion, loads of fun.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDoomfrost, on 09 March 2020 - 02:45 AM, said:

I love this. Everything plays fast paced, the addition of another playable character with their own weapon set is a great idea. New enemies and campaigns, awesome stuff. Do you know if other allied characters will show up in the roster or will it just be Duke and Bombshell? Love the variety of weapons, though I wish those deployed turrets by Shelly could tank a little more of a beating before exploding. Anyways thanks for the great expansion, loads of fun.

Enemies will specifically target the turrets now, whereas they did not in previous versions. So yeah, the turrets seem much more fragile now -- I should probably boost their health. The only issue is that their health is used not just for taking damage but to determine how many shots they can still fire.

Anyway, there is a plan to add two more playable characters in a future update. Those are characters that are featured in the new episode, so if you play it you can probably guess who they are.

• The Truth is in here

I have played through Hollywood Holocaust with AA and had one crash to desktop. It happened in Redlight District when playing Bombshell and waiting for the enemy spawns after getting the red keycard from the bar. When using the rocketlauncher with primary fire, the game crashed. Couldn't find any error message, but it seemed as if some sprite spawn limits were exceeded with all that fire and enemies on screen. It didn't happen again when I used a different strategy/weapon and I am unsure if this can be reproduced. Anyway, maybe it's worth looking at the Bombshell rocketlauncher and how rockets spawn fire on impact.

Otherwise, it was a smooth playthrough and the old maps felt a lot fresher with new enemies and weapons.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 March 2020 - 01:29 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

it seemed as if some sprite spawn limits were exceeded with all that fire and enemies on screen.

I think that's unlikely because that map has such a small number of sprites to begin with, it would take a ridiculous number to push it over the limits. Plus, the log would say "too many sprites spawned" or something like that. We have horde maps where you can nuke dozens of enemies with lots of sprites being spawned and don't get crashes; I think if this was a too many sprites issue we would have seen it in those much more intense situations than anything you could produce in episode 1.

User is offline   Jim 

Is AA Playable in raze?

• The Truth is in here

It's an EDuke32 mod. Raze is based on Rednukem. So no.

Regarding my crash: I will keep playing through the classic episodes and see what will happen. It might also be hardware related.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

User is offline   Jim 

I tested it, it at least loads, although the special keys and some fire projectiles are missing

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

It's an EDuke32 mod. Raze is based on Rednukem. So no.

Actually, Raze based on early revision of EDuke32, but take out somethings, also using codes from other ports like Rednukem for accurate vanilla Duke/other Build games supports.

The README.ME of Raze's repo in GitHub clearly said that.

Raze is a fork of EDuke32 backed by GZDoom tech and combines EDuke32, PCExhumed, NBlood, and RedNukem in a single package.

But they haven't make any of works on EDuke32 mod supports so even it's based on EDuke32, something still in broken state after they replaced some stuffs or/and changed some EDuke32 functions, like replacing keybind functions for other use that AA and some other mods needed to function.

So just don't expect Raze will run on those recent EDuke32 mods.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 10 March 2020 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   Darkus 

Funny how the emperor always tells me that the matches are unbalanced ;)

it seems you can circumvent the revive routine by tapping out, escaping the autoload prompt, and then switching view back to first person.

This post has been edited by comorbidity: 10 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postcomorbidity, on 10 March 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

it seems you can circumvent the revive routine by tapping out, escaping the autoload prompt, and then switching view back to first person.

So you press interact to give up when downed, then you say N to load save, then you end up getting reset in the current match. I'll check this out when I get home. Thanks for the bug report. I'll fix that and add it to the update which will come out on Thursday.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options