Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Marya 

Spoiler
Uhh that's not a Khajiit, Forge :D

People don't like reposting images and stuffs so put the quotes in spoilers...

This post has been edited by Marya: 19 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMarya, on 19 June 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

Spoiler
Uhh that's not a Khajiit, Forge :D

Maybe it's an overweight Khajiit with mange.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

Maybe it's an overweight Khajiit with mange.
That's one severe case of mange.. and is that a new Shotgun model I spotted?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Khajiit took an arrow to the knee. Got an infection & lost hair, gained weight from inactivity of sitting in a vending booth all day.

So, his belly size is not due to the fact that business are going well.

User is offline   Forge 

If you have no coin, you get eaten.

User is offline   Marya 

But but, Forge where do I get coin? the gladiator episode hasn't been released yet :D

This post has been edited by Marya: 21 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Remind me: why are the commando pigs immune to the holoduke again?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I guess they're smarter than your average pig cop?

I'm not entirely sure what the intended strategy to deal with them is, then. Every time I face them, it's usually a save and load fest. What am I missing?

(just to clarify, I'm talking about the pigs that act like Battlelords on steroids. I'm not sure what their actual name is.)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

They are pig bosses. The holoduke doesn't work on any of the bosses, because it would make boss fights too cheap imo.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 22 June 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

They are pig bosses. The holoduke doesn't work on any of the bosses, because it would make boss fights too cheap imo.

So what is the intended strategy? I tend to get shredded the instant I poke my head out.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 22 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Marya 

Sorry if I missed this but will this mod work with the world tour version?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yes but you will not be able to play the WT episode in it

User is offline   Marya 

View PostPhredreeke, on 22 June 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yes but you will not be able to play the WT episode in it
Okay thanks a friend wanted to try getting into duke nukem and i think world tour is the only one still up for sale.

View PostNinety-Six, on 22 June 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

So what is the intended strategy? I tend to get shredded the instant I poke my head out.
keep moving away from them and take them down at range... and if at all possible keep the higher ground to avoid their charge.

This post has been edited by Marya: 22 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

View PostMarya, on 21 June 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

But but, Forge where do I get coin? the gladiator episode hasn't been released yet :D

Don't hear those words, i guess he'll eat you anyway!

View PostMarya, on 22 June 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Okay thanks a friend wanted to try getting into duke nukem and i think world tour is the only one still up for sale.

Wait a discount in some lucky and random weekend, or check it in 2-3 days when Steam's Summer Sales begin.

BTW i wonder why Russia and Brazil always get the best prices on Steam:
Spoiler

View PostNinety-Six, on 22 June 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

If you are on a high roof you are safe, otherwise you can walk backward at mid-long range (or spin around them at the same range) and:

RPG'em 7 times.
Spider Mines'em 4 times (Spider Mines are so damn good, i'm glad that Laser Tripbombs have been replaced by them).

The problem is also that Duke's Armor get destroyed in no time here, so you'll get even more damages (is not a complain, i like how hard the game is set).

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 22 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

User is offline   John Brown 

Just to share, I've been playing through this mod again since it's summer and Independence Day is coming up, just went through all of Life's a Beach and New Invasion, this mod's still as fun as always. I'm about to start D.C. and this time I'll use the James Paddock music pack. As much as I liked hearing the Tyrian music (among others) the last time I played AA DC, I'd like to hear something new this time.

EDIT: Just beat the White House map, and after the opening cacophony fudge-fest of a fight, I could hear the new music and it fits in just fine (I just pasted in the midi's, and renamed them to have the old tracks' filenames). I left off at the Washington/Lincoln Memorials, and I look forward to playing through the whole thing with new music.

This post has been edited by John Brown: 29 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

User is offline   Jim 

Playing imperium left me really wanting the DBS and the super trooper, any chance these could be ported over to AA?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 29 June 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Playing imperium left me really wanting the DBS and the super trooper, any chance these could be ported over to AA?

A DBS is a possibility, but Muelsa's super trooper model with its many animations would be a poor fit in AA. Rest assured there will be plenty of new weapons and enemies forthcoming in future updates of AA, though.

User is offline   Jim 

Is a sprite version of the super trooper possible? I mean the ninjas can climb stuff in SW, right?

User is offline   Marya 

View PostJim, on 29 June 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Is a sprite version of the super trooper possible? I mean the ninjas can climb stuff in SW, right?
I don't think they can climb things other than like crates and stuff and that's just jumping... the problem would be they have more death animations to count for the sword, whre they are cut in half...

View PostMarya, on 30 June 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't think they can climb things other than like crates and stuff and that's just jumping... the problem would be they have more death animations to count for the sword, whre they are cut in half...

Hell if they can! Those alien bastards ninja-Shredder like, can climb wherever they want! And their screams will destroy your ears more than the Battlelords! These 2 f*ckers are the best choices if you wanna jumpscare people, expecially without music.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 01 July 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

Hell if they can! Those alien bastards ninja-Shredder like, can climb wherever they want! And their screams will destroy your ears more than the Battlelords! These 2 f*ckers are the best choices if you wanna jumpscare people, expecially without music.
Well i was talking about the ninjas from SW I think they even had a sucide option too and then there were the partially invisible ones..

User is offline   Jim 

What about that Predator guy from the Gate? That guy can be ported to AA right?

User is offline   Marya 

anything new to report or is it all under wraps?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostForge, on 15 June 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

You are going to be sitting on your hands until the last couple months of the year.

User is offline   Forge 

gratuitous screenshot of a hallway

Posted Image

Found a fairly serious bug. As a result of having your AI partner follow you while flying, they can nudge you up and down shafts with silent teleporters and lock you on the wrong side.

User is offline   Marya 

Sweet looking hallway. Forge i like the gym there to the side.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 14 July 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Found a fairly serious bug. As a result of having your AI partner follow you while flying, they can nudge you up and down shafts with silent teleporters and lock you on the wrong side.

What eduke version are you running? I'm curious as to whether this is the result of the recent clipping changes, or whether this has been there all along.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options