Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Using the version that comes with it.

I'm pretty sure it's because the partner is physically solid and has a tendency to fly insanely close while airborne. I remember a similar incident in E1L4 where the crane was prevented from moving because the partner kept trying to shove its nose in my ankle while I was inside it.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 14 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I can't provide new code files at this time because there have been too many changes since the last public release. However, I have a quick-and-dirty fix if you are willing to paste in a couple of lines.

In the scripts folder, open BOMBSHELL.CON and DUKEBOT.CON

in BOMBSHELL.CON find the first instance of "state shellyjetpack" where the code for her jetpacking starts.

Next, find this line:

movesprite THISACTOR xvel tempb zdist CLIPMASK0 mtype

and right above it, add a new line of code, so that the result looks like this:

ifp pjetpack ifpdistl 1280 nullop else
	movesprite THISACTOR xvel tempb zdist CLIPMASK0 mtype

That will simply stop her from following so close if both the player and her are using jetpacks. You can increase the distance 1280 to a higher number if that's not enough.

Now, do the same thing for the Duke bot. In DUKEBOT.CON, the state is "state dukejetpack" and the other line is exactly the same.

Save changes to the files, start a new game and see what happens.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMarya, on 14 July 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Sweet looking hallway. Forge i like the gym there to the side.

Thank you for the compliment, so here's a complimentary screen of another hallway.

Posted Image

That's all I have for now.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

User is offline   Marya 

Spoiler
interesting...

This post has been edited by Marya: 14 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

I am speaking to all the DAA project team. There is in this super awesome TC, interesting textures for my mod. Does this bother someone from the project, if I take some tiles?

User is online   Phredreeke 

I believe Dan has said elsewhere he doesn't want the assets used for AA used in other mods.

• Duke Plus Developer

Some of the sprite sheets were posted in the community stockpile thread and are being used in other projects without objection. As for art not posted in the community stockpile, you would need to ask sebabdukeboss20 since he is the artist who made almost everything.

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 16 July 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I am speaking to all the DAA project team. There is in this super awesome TC, interesting textures for my mod. Does this bother someone from the project, if I take some tiles?

Sorry no. This mod is still under development. However the enemy sheet variants I posed in the community stockpile and on my signature "My Custom Sprites" are okay. And of course credit is required.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 16 July 2019 - 11:17 AM

Ok!

These are the guts of Pigcop, Newbeast, Egg and Commander. And also Tankwreck and Reconwreck. Thank you !

• Duke Plus Developer

Maybe you should have said exactly what you wanted to use in your first post, or made it a PM. The guts sprites for the old enemies are not anything special, and some of them didn't even originate in AA. I doubt that anyone would actually have a problem with you using them.

Yes I understand. Only I wanted to ask the question on this thread, because I did not really know the original author. I'll just have to be told if I can finally use the textures mentioned.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 July 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Save changes to the files, start a new game and see what happens.

Took me a few days to get around to this, but it works good now. I repeatedly went up and down the shaft in E2L1 (where it previously happened twice in a row) and everything worked as intended.

Danke.

Some WIP screenshots of 3.0

One of many arenas.
Posted Image

In between matches, you'll be in the Gladitorium.
Posted Image

User is online   Mark 

View PostNinety-Six, on 16 July 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

... I repeatedly went up and down the shaft ... and everything worked as intended.

I'm sorry. I wasn't going to post but you made it too tempting. :dukecigar:

User is offline   MC84 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 20 July 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Some WIP screenshots of 3.0

Nice weapon sprite - is that from your own render?

User is offline   John Brown 

You won me over with the hub world. Well, you already won me over with AA 1.0, 2.0, etc but you won me over even harder.

Posted Image

That skybox strongly reminds me of something but I can't pin down what.

Also does Bombshell have a new assault rifle?

View PostMark, on 20 July 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

I'm sorry. I wasn't going to post but you made it too tempting. :dukecigar:

shet

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 20 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

View Postconoklast, on 20 July 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Nice weapon sprite - is that from your own render?

Yes. Using 3d models from other games and modifying them. Since we're upscaling stuff to a certain standard resolution, I decided to upscaled some HUDs to look better.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 20 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

View PostNinety-Six, on 20 July 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Also does Bombshell have a new assault rifle?

Same one, different graphic. I got my hands a lot of new 3d weapon models while upgrading AMC TC and have a nice library now.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 20 July 2019 - 05:03 PM

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 20 July 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Same one, different graphic. I got my hands a lot of new 3d weapon models while upgrading AMC TC and have a nice library now.

It looks really nice.

User is offline   Marya 

Sweet higher res rifle!

Okay so I played through the DC campaign as Duke solo just because, but when I reached the final level, Bombshell spontaneously appeared, and all new enemies were gone.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostNinety-Six, on 20 July 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

That skybox strongly reminds me of something but I can't pin down what.

The skyscraper says "Mad Genius (Software)" so it must originate from Gunmetal.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 23 July 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

Okay so I played through the DC campaign as Duke solo just because, but when I reached the final level, Bombshell spontaneously appeared, and all new enemies were gone.

Bombshell will join you in the final level even if you play on solo, because she is in the final cutscene and it wouldn't make sense otherwise. There is a new boss at the end of the final level, even if the enemies leading up to it are the vanilla ones. You made it sound like there was a bug.

• Duke Plus Developer

This video shows some of the weapon additions that will be included with the next episode. The upgrade screen is WIP.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 July 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

Bombshell will join you in the final level even if you play on solo, because she is in the final cutscene and it wouldn't make sense otherwise. There is a new boss at the end of the final level, even if the enemies leading up to it are the vanilla ones. You made it sound like there was a bug.

Because I thought there was. Especially since Bombshell doesn't spontaneously appear at the start of The Alien Remains if you play solo, even though she's in that cutscene too.

And I believed during my first playthrough all the enemies I encountered weren't part of the randomization feature. So I thought it broke when I got there, given that AA's take on DC had been extremely difficult up to that point with the placement of new enemies everywhere. The thought that the final level of the campaign would rely on vanilla spawns literally never crossed my mind as a result, so I assumed something broke.

That being said, the three troopers from the cafeteria were missing, so that only served to further prove my invalid conclusion.

• Duke Plus Developer

If new enemies are placed in the map file itself, that is supposed to disable the randomized new enemy feature. That's because, if the mapper placed the new enemy types on purpose, then we don't want it also replacing some of the vanilla enemies with new ones. An exception was made in the code for that one particular boss, though (the boss at the end of DC). So, the complete absence of new enemies in the map is puzzling if you had the randomizer on. There might be a bug where if the feature gets turned off in an earlier level, it never gets re-enabled. That would make the most sense, since there are new enemies placed in all the earlier maps. I don't know why there would be missing troopers in the cafeteria, but all of the maps were edited, so they were probably just deleted at some point.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

IMO The angle of this weapon is off. Should be slightly more straight.

View PostRadar, on 24 July 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

IMO The angle of this weapon is off. Should be slightly more straight.

Everyone's a critic. :dukecigar:
I made the angle match most of the vanilla sprite's position.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 July 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

I don't know why there would be missing troopers in the cafeteria, but all of the maps were edited, so they were probably just deleted at some point.

They're are not deleted. I just pulled the map out of my raw vanilla DC folder & compared it to the AA map. Both trooper captains are right where they were originally put.
Neither were tagged for a difficulty level in the original, nor AA.

Why they "disappeared" should be the question asked. Maybe they teleport-cloaked, walked off, and never uncloaked.

This post has been edited by Forge: 24 July 2019 - 06:35 AM

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options