• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   ShamanZT 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

You clearly don't understand.

Explain then.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Obviously it shares code with BloodGDX but Redneck Rampage is based on Duke3D, not Blood. Look in the directories of Blood, Redneck Rampage and Duke 3D. Duke and Redneck have a GRP file (standard for Build games) and CON files (exclusive for Duke3D and games based on Duke3D code)
Blood has RFF files (Monolith's proprietary replacement for GRP)

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 08 May 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think I will working on RRGDX now

Wow! Great news!
Thanks for your work!
I look forward to test first version!

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the RedneckGDX source code. You must release it because of the GPL.

How did Randy get away with not releasing WT's source? Is it because GB now owns Duke, so they are not obliged by the GPL, or there's something else to it?

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 08 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

You must release it because of the GPL.

Ok, but why Xatrix didn't release it then?
And whats about Ion Maiden? :P

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostM210, on 08 May 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

EDuke32 SVN

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postfgsfds, on 08 May 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

How did Randy get away with not releasing WT's souce? Is it because GB now owns Duke, so they are not obliged by the GPL, or there's something else to it?

That is correct.

Ok, but why Xatrix didn't release it then?

RR predates the GPL release, and it would not apply retroactively. The GPL applies to RedneckGDX because you're basing your work on the GPL Duke 3D code.

It's all on http://svn.eduke32.com/

User is offline   m210® 

As long as people consider Java is bullshit, I have no interest in opening the sources (at near future), because I will lose my audience and testers when the port on C++ appears.

On the other hand, I could give you the source code, but after you wrote about shit, my desire was gone.

And seriously, why the shit, if BloodGDX works no worse than eDuke32? Or maybe because you didn't try it?

This post has been edited by M210: 09 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Regardless what some people may think about this port being Java-based, it is excellent. I was able to play all the official episodes and countless mods/addons smoothly with this, without any crashes or other issues. I like especially how easy it is to run custom content with this port - awesome stuff like Death Wish is basically a no-brainer to set up. Don't forget this is still in its pre-1.0 stage, guys, and it already works really well.

Considering that we didn't have any Blood port at all before BloodGDX, M210 is doing fantastic work here. As far as I am concerned, I am truly grateful for his achievements so far and will keep following the development of the project with great interest. Of course I'd also like to see a port that is able to run Duke3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood and (hopefully) Redneck Rampage at the same time, but since this is still far in the future, I'll gladly take this for the time being.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostM210, on 09 May 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

As long as people consider Java is bullshit, I have no interest in opening the sources (at near future), because I will lose my audience and testers when the port on C++ appears.

Do you really think someone will quickly whip up a non-Java port just because you released the source code? I guess it is possible but how is that a problem when games should be enjoyed by people regardless of their platform (which other than Java would permit). They would still need to use your source code after every update you produce.

On the other hand, I could give you the source code, but after you wrote about shit, my desire was gone.

So if you're not happy then why are you still using the free hosting here?

And seriously, why the shit, if BloodGDX works no worse than eDuke32? Or maybe because you didn't try it?

The wrong palette problem still exists correct? Then it is worse than EDuke32 in a way.

I don't know if there is some kind of language barrier going on here, BloodGDX is probably the best way to play Blood currently, but obfuscated code (with dubious origins) and not adhering to GPL license is not helping your case.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostLunick, on 09 May 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

by people regardless of their platform (which other than Java would permit).

What's example?

So if you're not happy then why are you still using the free hosting here?

I didn't tell that I'm not happy.

The wrong palette problem still exists correct? Then it is worse than EDuke32 in a way.

That's all?

So, then you can say, that all different port better, then my (JFDuke fir example).
EDuke32 using shader not so long time, so I don't consider this case, and it's a question of time, when BuildGDX will using shaders for handling a palettes. And I still has a one idea to make palette handling without shader and without GL2.0. I don't like that Polymost using GL2.0 now.

Therefore I just will write a new renderer with GL2.0 and shaders. I already have experience with it:

Look at this video from 1min, I wrote palette shader in 2016 year.

Btw, I'm using obfuscation after this thread
https://forums.duke4...te-on-blood-ex/

I don't think that it's just a coincidence.....after release of BloodGDX with full sources in jar file.

This post has been edited by M210: 09 May 2018 - 02:51 AM

This wasn't about BloodGDX though but RedneckGDX (and DukeGDX - if you were ever to release that)

Also, following a source code release of any of your ports, you would still be upstream, any C++ port would follow you. You would at the same time benefit from being able to use other GPL code in your project (Apogee Sound System)

Finally, eduke32 is not gonna "steal" Blood support from you. Hendricks position has always been that BloodGDX was built upon the illegally leaked Blood alpha source and disassembled retail binaries, He's not gonna let that into eduke32 especially considering how eduke32 is now used in a commercial product

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostM210, on 09 May 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

Btw, I'm using obfuscation after this thread
https://forums.duke4...te-on-blood-ex/

I don't think that it's just a coincidence.....after release of BloodGDX with full sources in jar file.

Are you actually implying that Kaiser, a prolific programmer used your code? :P

I'm very sceptical considering that Kaiser also reverse engineered Doom 64, PS1 Powerslave, Strife, Turok...

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I will release source code of my buildengine, redneck rampage, duke nukem 3d projects when I'm back from other country and prepare the files for GPL. Persuaded. I think Hendricks will be very happy now :P

This post has been edited by M210: 09 May 2018 - 05:17 AM

Many start a game on DOS and then move on BloodGDX, might be useful replace the actual save converter with one that turns DOS format to BloodGDX format?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostFantinaikos, on 09 May 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

Many start a game on DOS and then move on BloodGDX, might be useful replace the actual save converter with one that turns DOS format to BloodGDX format?

BloodGDX can load dos format without converters

User is offline   daMann 

M210, BloodGDX inspired me to make games again. You made it so a whole new generation of folks get to play Blood. You are an important piece of this game and engines history.

Thank you for your work so far and for what you are going to continue to do. The weird people like me who love these old games and still play them all the time are indebted to you.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 09 May 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

Ok, I will release source code of my buildengine, redneck rampage, duke nukem 3d projects when I'm back from other country and prepare the files for GPL. Persuaded. I think Hendricks will be very happy now :P

That's great!

And btw. no, Kaiser did not use your code, you can be sure of that.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This might be a stupid question since afaik Rides Again uses the exact same version of Build RR does: will RedneckGDX support both RR and Rides Again?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostZaxx, on 09 May 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

This might be a stupid question since afaik Rides Again uses the exact same version of Build RR does: will RedneckGDX support both RR and Rides Again?

I think yes, but I didn't seen yet whats different between RR and RA

This post has been edited by M210: 09 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

Just a reminder to add support for Cuss Pack and the Redneck Deer Huntin' spin-off from the begin if possible. Everything else can be done basing the port on the Family Reunion edition (as probably already planned).

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Cheers! :lol:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm very happy to hear that. We don't mind at all that you've found some rather creative uses for this code--it's just very important to do such work within the confines of the license granted by those who can claim ownership over said code.

User is offline   SPILL 

M210, when do think we will be able to use your port for multiplayer?

I still think it would be a great even if we could at least have the option to launch the levels in bloodbath, teams, and coop mode without a network.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 09 May 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

M210, when do think we will be able to use your port for multiplayer?

I can't answer when, but I think I can start to write it now.

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostM210, on 09 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

I can't answer when, but I think I can start to write it now.

Awesome! I donated $50 for your efforts. Thanks again!

User is offline   m210® 

I know Redneck Rampage has more fans (I think?) but I was honestly looking forward to Witchaven GDX being finished and a Witchaven 2 GDX happening.

Call me crazy but I thought Witchaven was surprisingly fun despite a few issues.

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 09 May 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

I know Redneck Rampage has more fans (I think?) but I was honestly looking forward to Witchaven GDX being finished and a Witchaven 2 GDX happening.

Call me crazy but I thought Witchaven was surprisingly fun despite a few issues.

Amen

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options