3. checkwarping fix with non-linked upper and lower stacks
4. voxel preload fix
5. overheadmap broken sectors drawing fix
6.  mario cheat without numbers will end the level
7. loi cutscenes crash fix
8. saves game from v1.21 support
9. voxel loading bug fixed
10. fixed enemies died from lava keep running infinitely in flames
11. sector bobfloor fix (darkwood crash)
12. HOM on smaller screensizes fix
13. electrocution death of monster was sometimes caused by shotgun fixed
14. fixed crash when trying to load an empty file map
15. fixed zombie's broken attack in some cases
16. some voxel floating in the air fix
17. "fire" effect now working with all palettes
18. voxels palette change fix
19. statues(dudes) push fix
20. items shade correct now

User is offline   Jim 

Are all of the alt fires from the weapons implemented now?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostJim, on 24 June 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Are all of the alt fires from the weapons implemented now?

Napalm's and life leech's alt fires are still missing.

User is offline   axl 

Mouselook is indeed much smoother in this new release. Keep up the good work !

User is offline   Tekedon 

I've tinkered a bit with the mouse scaling in the options to get it perfect for me :P

User is offline   gordon81 

Good job!!, 20 years for near play this gem.

the static textures in refrigerator are fixed in this release. good job!!.

Thank you!!!.

User is offline   m210® 

Im starting to make widescreen HUD supporting, it's almost done

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  1.png (87.48K)
    Number of downloads: 117
  • Attached File  scree0000.png (124.71K)
    Number of downloads: 94

Cool. when do you think the next release will be? Really looking forward to it.

User is offline   m210® 

I don't know, because I want to reverse-engeneering a mirrors drawing methods from 1.21. Also I wasted a lot of time for sync of demo files...I found some differences, but demos still doesn't work properly...I just want to say, RE can take a lot of time and some work per day may not give a results.
For example, I have a bug with not animated blood gibs at some times...at first I need to search a different from 1.21...searching may take one-two days....after searching I need to RE and fix it, it can take more half-day

User is offline   Manhs 

Take care ^^
I can wait, i just hope the most things are possible for you :P It looks hard...
Thank you so much for all this work and good luck!

View PostM210, on 04 July 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

I don't know, because I want to reverse-engeneering a mirrors drawing methods from 1.21. Also I wasted a lot of time for sync of demo files...I found some differences, but demos still doesn't work properly...I just want to say, RE can take a lot of time and some work per day may not give a results.
For example, I have a bug with not animated blood gibs at some times...at first I need to search a different from 1.21...searching may take one-two days....after searching I need to RE and fix it, it can take more half-day

Take your time :P good things are worth waiting for.

User is offline   axl 

View PostM210, on 04 July 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Take your time.

Both Blood and Duke fans have great experience in waiting for things :P

View PostM210, on 04 July 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

Im starting to make widescreen HUD supporting, it's almost done

To render that level takes you 8ms? You some optimization work to do :P.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

To render that level takes you 8ms? You some optimization work to do :P.

He lives in Russia and probably doesn't have access to the greatest hardware. 8ms is incredibly fast for a potato.

View PostTerminX, on 06 July 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

He lives in Russia and probably doesn't have access to the greatest hardware. 8ms is incredibly fast for a potato.

I'm sure they have decent hardware in russia as well :P I live in Sweden and my computer could also be counted as a potato, It's a question of priority and economy.

They have access to good hardware in Russia :P.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Hostile attitude to the end I see.

Does it really have to be a potato hardware issue? I don't consider my PC as potato yet for example I have on average 16-17ms.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 06 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDzierzan, on 06 July 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Does it really have to be a potato hardware issue? I don't consider my PC as potato yet for example I have on average 16-17ms.

I don't have a hostile attitude, I was defending BloodGDX's performance by saying the screenshot was probably taken on a slow PC.

View PostDzierzan, on 06 July 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

I doubt your hardware is the problem. Since M210 went down the Java route, his engine is going to be a lot slower then it should be.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Maybe you're right. But to be honest, for my experience GDX does feel as fast as I need. Sure, it ain't smooth as DN or SW source ports, but it's still smoother than Dosbox. I believe that the Blood port could have been written in other language, but somehow no one has done that so far.

View PostDzierzan, on 06 July 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

Maybe you're right. But to be honest, for my experience GDX does feel as fast as I need. Sure, it ain't smooth as DN or SW source ports, but it's still smoother than Dosbox. I believe that the Blood port could have been written in other language, but somehow no one has done that so far.

The issue will be, when M210 tries to add real time lighting to his code, he is going to have a fuck ton of performance issues.

User is offline   m210® 

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

To render that level takes you 8ms? You some optimization work to do ;).

There is not optimization...I just made this screenshot from my home PC, and in debug mode (you can multiple this fps on 2-3 without debug mode)

Russia have access to top hardware, but for making BloodGDX I don't want buy something greatest :P I'm almost not a gamer, therefore my AMD A8 is have enough to watch video and programming. Btw, my main programming PC is Celeron U1900, therefore it's portable

This post has been edited by M210: 06 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

The issue will be, when M210 tries to add real time lighting to his code, he is going to have a fuck ton of performance issues.

What do you think, how much fps I got in this renderer?Im worked on gta2 renderer year ago

Attached File(s)

View PostM210, on 06 July 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

What do you think, how much fps I got in this renderer?Im worked on gta2 renderer year ago

Your comparing apples and oranges. I read somewhere that you used a bunch of eduke32 code in your port. eduke32 as is, is severely CPU bound. Since you used Java, that problem is going to be a lot worse in your code.

User is offline   axl 

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Dynamic lightning? I thought the current goal was to achieve 100 % vanilla accuracy with widescreen support and modern controls ? Honestly, that's all I really care about.

Same with eDuke32: Polymer looks nice and all... but I still prefer polymost or classic rendering...

User is offline   m210® 

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Your comparing apples and oranges. I read somewhere that you used a bunch of eduke32 code in your port. eduke32 as is, is severely CPU bound. Since you used Java, that problem is going to be a lot worse in your code.

Ok, you are not right as usually :P
There is my earlier attempts to making port, performance is same.

And you are not answered on my prevorious question, therefore I answer instead of you: I had 300fps in gta2 full city renderer (256x256 units) and almost 1000fps for renderinf part of screen as in game.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  1.png (418.47K)
    Number of downloads: 55

View Postaxl, on 06 July 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Dynamic lightning? I thought the current goal was to achieve 100 % vanilla accuracy with widescreen support and modern controls ? Honestly, that's all I really care about.

Same with eDuke32: Polymer looks nice and all... but I still prefer polymost or classic rendering...

That is all I also care about :P

User is offline   m210® 

View PostM210, on 06 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Ok, you are not right as usually :P
There is my earlier attempts to making port, performance is same.

And you are not answered on my prevorious question, therefore I answer instead of you: I had 300fps in gta2 full city renderer (256x256 units) and almost 1000fps for renderinf part of screen as in game.

Ah....I made something wrong with quote o_O...ok, I attached two screenshots....my fps in eduke32 and fps in my half-renderer without sprites...the same fps you can see in bloodgdx (with sprites of cource)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  duke0001.png (163.82K)
    Number of downloads: 46
  • Attached File  1.png (418.47K)
    Number of downloads: 35

This post has been edited by M210: 06 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostM210, on 06 July 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Ah....I made something wrong with quote o_O...ok, I attached two screenshots....my fps in eduke32 and fps in my half-renderer without sprites...the same fps you can see in bloodgdx (with sprites of cource)

You can't take things out and say things are "better" : ).

User is offline   m210® 

View Posticecoldduke, on 06 July 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

You can't take things out and say things are "better" : ).

I'm not said that something is better....I said twice, that is same.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options