Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   SPILL 

I think these are all incredible updates for a "fixed" Blood. As a purist I faithfully agree with all of these and that is a fine line to work with. Excellent job.

I wouldn't mind the stone gargoyles being able to recognize when the player is crouched. Therefore they can move in closer and do a claw attack that will actually hit the player.

Also the butcher's knife attack should deal damage as well. I feel like these enemies are 100% exploitable.

This post has been edited by SPILL: 26 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

User is offline   Jim 

I feel that there is a difference between bugs and stuff that changes gameplay, the former should be fixed, the latter should have toggle options. Like those Z aware ogres in quake that catches the player off guard

This post has been edited by Jim: 26 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostSPILL, on 26 April 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind the stone gargoyles being able to recognize when the player is crouched. Therefore they can move in closer and do a claw attack that will actually hit the player.
Also the butcher's knife attack should deal damage as well. I feel like these enemies are 100% exploitable.

View PostJim, on 26 April 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

I feel that there is a difference between bugs and stuff that changes gameplay, the former should be fixed, the latter should have toggle options.

There's probably going to be a heated debate on if this is a feature or a bug or the developers just didn't think this one though, but I think that if your "feature" makes some enemies and even a boss complerely unable to damage you, it's a really shitty "feature" that shouldn't be in the game.

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, release v0.790 :P

Attenstion! This version using new savegame format. So if you want to load your saves from v0.789, use v300to301 savefile converter! Place Savconv_300to301.jar in savegame folder and launch it.

1. Fix smooth mouse Y axis
2. Add smooth mouse X axis
3. Joysticks support
4. Calc sound velocity fix (OpenAL Error 40963)
5. New mouse control menu
6. Special keys can set in options now (Quickload / quicksave, show help screen etc.)
7. Load/Save slots increased to 9999
8. Load/Save game delete feature
9. Polymost long sloped surfaces fix
10. Sometimes sound looping is fixed
11. Changed searching algorithm of midi device name in config
12. Corrupt saved game crash protect
13. FAITD autosave after "game over" crash fix
14. Choke hand can be droped on "Extra Crispy" difficulty
15. Breakable glass wall spawn sparks coordinates fix
16. FatZombie GreenPuke method changed
17. AltTesla hitself damage fix
18. Watcom's qsort algorithm for demo sync
19. aiTentacle search animation fix
20. Zombie underwater burning time fix
21. Enemies can't push sector fix
22. AiGhost fix
23. AIRat search time decrease
24. AIBoneEEL fix
25. SEQ HashMap instead of array[16384]
26. LifeLeech algorithm 1.00 -> 1.21 (decreased damage)
27. Cutscenes path fix in zip file when placed in game directory
28. Infinite ammo cheat will not reset in next level
29. Custom level nDifficult and enemies damage are united
30. Crouch_toggle key, Last_weapon switch key
31. Switch music after load game fix
32. Polymost_drawpoly freeze fix
33. Cutscenes empty file load fix
34. AkimboFire check ammo fix
35. Underwater dynamite change fix
36. Underwater tinyCaleb AI fix
37. TeslaCultist duck fix
38. Playable demos from original v1.21 game

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Thanks for the new version!

One thing that I was curious to try immedately was the life leech changes
"26. LifeLeech algorithm 1.00 -> 1.21 (decreased damage)"

The life restoring function was removed!
I always thought this was a bug on Monoliths part when they changed the life leech. It really makes the weapon fairly useless in single player games without it.
Can you restore this part of the weapon please? Or at least put the option in.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Demos from 1.21 that you can play back in 0.790. Either drop them in the root folder or use playback demofile.dem console command.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  demos.zip (1.08MB)
    Number of downloads: 7

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostTiddalick, on 27 April 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

I always thought this was a bug on Monoliths part when they changed the life leech.

It's definitely not a bug. LL was extremely overpowered in early versions. It wasn't very hard to use in a way that would give you unlimited ammo and health. I totally can see why it was removed but as a result it become pretty much useless last resort weapon.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I always thought this was a bug on Monoliths part when they changed the life leech. It really makes the weapon fairly useless in single player games without it.
Can you restore this part of the weapon please? Or at least put the option in.

He would have to restore Voodoo Doll 1.0 or Napalm Launcher 1.0 (no alt fire or different akimbo alt fire). I suppose m210 wants to make his port as faithful as possible, so I am not sure about reverting those changes.

User is offline   SPILL 

I had my first crash:

loading EVICTION
debug: start prepareboard()
Preload floor and ceiling tiles
Preload wall tiles
Preload sprite tiles
Initializing wall picnum mirror for wal
Initializing floor mirror for sector 352
Initializing ceiling mirror for sector 352
Initializing floor mirror for sector 20
Initializing ceiling mirror for sector 20
5 mirrors initialized
debug: end prepareboard()
A secret is revealed.
Picked up Spray can
Picked up Spray can
Picked up Spray can
Picked up Red Potion
Picked up Remote Detonator
Picked up Flares
Picked up 4 shotgun shells
Dassert: nObject >= 0 && nObject < kMaxSprites
Full stack trace: java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Unknown Source)
ru.m210projects.Blood.P.a(SourceFile:345)
ru.m210projects.Blood.b.m(SourceFile:2140)
ru.m210projects.Blood.b.b(SourceFile:3968)
ru.m210projects.Blood.c.d(SourceFile:541)
ru.m210projects.Blood.c.a(SourceFile:986)
ru.m210projects.Blood.T.render(SourceFile:230)
com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:207)
com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java: 114)

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostDzierzan, on 27 April 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

He would have to restore Voodoo Doll 1.0 or Napalm Launcher 1.0 (no alt fire or different akimbo alt fire). I suppose m210 wants to make his port as faithful as possible, so I am not sure about reverting those changes.

Why is this?
I realise that part of the restoration is to make the demos compatible with the 1.21 release, but this isn't needed anymore.
If he has already demonstrated parity with the original game demos, then the AI fixes are done. I don't believe it's critical to maintain synchronisation now that hes proven that his AI fixes match the original game. This was (I believe) the only reason it was so important.

The napalm changes were due to the introduction of the second function and the voodoo doll changes were balance fixes, not a complete change of the weapon.

I realise that this brings it in line with the game at version 1.21, but it's a shame. I don't think the weapon is overpowered really and the original function serves to make the weapon much more interesting and more useful in the kit.
I never used the weapon outside of multiplayer as it really had little function in it's 1.21 state.

I just think it would be useful to allow the player the option to turn this function on/off, much like ZDoom allows the player many custom choices.

User is offline   SPILL 

It seems that my crash is related to the plant pod enemies. Similar to the crash in the original game.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 27 April 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

It seems that my crash is related to the plant pod enemies. Similar to the crash in the original game.

Yep, it's not really crash, it's assert. But I will see what's wrong.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 27 April 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

Yeah, some one original bug...I fixed it:)
Strange that I didn't notice this before

User is offline   Devon 

Thank you!! so much m210 =D

This is a great release and im very happy for it =)

Now i can play in the morning with my baby daughter on my chest while playing with a xbox one controller =)

Btw is there any chance at all for vibration feature when firing weapon? or maybe when getting hit?

Best regards!

This post has been edited by Devon: 27 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

The new release is pretty badass, now that the demos play the main menu feels like home - and alive - again. :P

I find the spinning crosshair cursor super weird though. :lol:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 27 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostZaxx, on 27 April 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

The new release is pretty badass, now that the demos play the main menu feels like home - and alive - again. :P

I find the spinning crosshair cursor super weird though. :lol:

You can change cursor to other, and you can disable playing demos in main menu

User is offline   m210® 

I updated BloodGDX to v0.790b with fixed "Dassert: nObject >= 0 && nObject < kMaxSprites" crash. Redownload it.

This post has been edited by M210: 27 April 2018 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   Jim 

As long as we are already changing blood, I purpose two optional features

Permanent dual welding
Welding two different weapons in each hands

User is offline   m210® 

I released v0.791

OutOfMemory crash in 32bit java with hires textures fix
Mouse buttons settings fix
ReverbEffect after load game or newgame fix
Global sound volume fix
3x hires textures fix
Minor bug fixes

User is online   Phredreeke 

Great - I didn't expect a fix to the textures so soon. That said, there appears to be a new bug as described by NightFright in the other thread. Also it brings back the old texture wrapping bug with the grandfather clock in E3M2 and other places. IMO it'd be better if modders just limit textures to a power of 2, rather than (re-)introduce bugs in the renderer. Would it be possible though if the game rescaled the textures to the closest power of 2 when using the texture?

Also, this is a really weird request, but would be helpful to reduce the size of the texture packs, as well as find missing tile/PLU combos... but would it be possible to make a log that flags each tile and PLU combination when they're used? Something like

0000(tilenumber):1000100111000(PLUs flagged that have been used at some point)

View PostSPILL, on 18 April 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

At last! Here it is

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.blood.fre...ion=maps&id=592

I just completed this. I liked the innovations you used. My only complaints would be starting the forklift (Hitting it? Really?), I couldn't find a 2nd hidden key to grab a medkit, that and I just couldn't find the skull key in Eviction. Luckily I was able to kill the boss with the Voodoo Doll.

This post has been edited by Bruno Mattei: 06 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

User is offline   m210® 

I'm tested my Redneck Rampage port today and noticed an one interesting thing :P

I think I will working on RRGDX now

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  GG.png (1005.53K)
    Number of downloads: 115

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm looking forward to seeing the RedneckGDX source code. You must release it because of the GPL.

User is offline   ShamanZT 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the RedneckGDX source code. You must release it because of the GPL.

Why he should?

User is online   Phredreeke 

Redneck Rampage is based on the Duke 3D source code
While M210 could theoretically reverse engineer everything and write his own implementation of it, it would be a mammoth endeavour compared to just basing it of the eduke32 source code and only reverse engineer the differences.

However, since eduke32 is GPL licensed, any project using eduke32 code would have to either release their own source code or negotiate a different license

• Weaponized Autism

Witchaven and TekWar sources have been made available.

The Blood Alpha source was leaked.

Redneck Rampage is based on Duke 3D. The Duke 3D source was published under the GPL.

These are the only GDX projects M210 has undertaken. He has never started from nothing, which is why the Capstone games got ported before Powerslave did. I do not believe M210 reverse-engineered Redneck Rampage from scratch without any use of the Duke 3D code. Even if he did, the way to prove that he did not would be releasing a source code history of it being built from scratch. So, one way or another, we will need to see some source.

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

Redneck Rampage is based on Duke 3D. The Duke 3D source was published under the GPL.

You have proofs whats M210 uses Duke 3D code? He can public nothing untill you prove it.

• Weaponized Autism

Redneck Rampage uses Duke 3D code. I do not believe M210 would not take the same shortcut he did on all other projects on this one.

View PostHendricks266, on 08 May 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Redneck Rampage uses Duke 3D code. I do not believe M210 would not take the same shortcut he did on all other projects on this one.

Why not? I think he uses same code from BloodGDX port to make it work.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostShamanZT, on 08 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Why not? I think he uses same code from BloodGDX port to make it work.

You clearly don't understand.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options