Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

DukeGDX: With 20th Anniversary World Tour and "Legacy Duke Talk" on, the voice clip at Hollywood Holocaust (E1M1) still plays the re-recorded line from the 20th Anniversary World Tour Edition rather than the original voice clip.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSzczwanylisek, on 01 June 2020 - 05:06 AM, said:

That my, with Win xp too :) ?

Not yet

No worry, i know im in that 1% od people usage win xp for retro gaming. 🙂

User is offline   Kil3r 

I'm someone who is fairly anal about mouse aim quality in games and I believe you did a good job. It feels responsive and is certainly playable. However, I noticed that there is a problem. When you move the mouse very fast, the mouse input does not register. For example, when you try to quickly turn around and shoot something behind you.

Two ways to reproduce this issue:
1. Move the mouse very fast in one direction. For example, try to do a 180 degree turn very fast.
2. Move the mouse very fast left and right repeatedly.

The result will be much slower camera movement than expected. It could even result in almost no camera movement after your mouse hits a certain speed. This is known by mouse look complainers(such as myself) as negative mouse acceleration. For comparison sake, you can try the same thing on games such as CSGO or even EDuke32.

Games: BloodGDX and WangGDX (likely occurs on any BuildGDX game)
Windows 10
Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse

This post has been edited by Kil3r: 10 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

User is offline   t800 

So, after long time I decided to try latest version of BuildGDX. And no matter which game I run in it, I just cant get to run Classic renderer properly in fullscreen. I get black screen with only sound running. Windowed mode works fine with it, but then I get ridiculously low framerate, going around 20-15 fps. Where is problem? Polymost works alright for me. BTW I tried version with packed JRE and also without it and still no difference.

My laptop specs:
CPU: AMD A-8-7410
GPU: Radeon R5 M330
RAM: 8GB

Hopefully, I wont get reply like "Get stronger computer" :)

This post has been edited by t800: 12 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

I have the same issues on my retro pc with win xp, but screen is white. Its something with Java

WangGDX: There's a triangle on the lower right corner of the screen that keeps trailing on-screen sprites/weapon bobbin' at some points, just like when activating noclip cheat and going out of the map.
All GDX games: A tall thin line fickers at some points.
Using Polymost rendering. Haven't tried software mode.

User is offline   gordon81 

Hello, after BuildGDX v1.12 (13.06.2020) uptade, the powerslave/exhumed wont launch. ¿can i download previus release 1.11?.

"there was a problem initialising the build engine: Couldn´t read file null".

User is offline   Tekedon 

Love the new release! But the HUD seems a little tiny bit stretched. Or it might just be me.

User is offline   Jim 

The hud is indeed streched. And the last warrior crashes after the intro plays. It seems there is a problem of loading maps after intro plays

This post has been edited by Jim: 24 June 2020 - 05:13 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

SW crash was fixed, download 1.13 again.

User is offline   Tekedon 

In 1.13 you can't change weapons with mousewheel while holding the voodoo-doll and running. Works if you use "vanilla mode". So probably something to do with the fixed voodoo animation.

User is offline   Gagert 

How do I make the included demos run in the main menu of Blood while using BuildGDX? They are currently named blood000.dem, blood001.dem, blood002.dem and blood003.dem and is within the BuildGDX folder a made for Blood (I made a copy of BuildGDX for each build-engine game). I tried renaming the *.dem files to demo001 and so on, but whatever I do the console says there's 0 demos in loop.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostGagert, on 26 June 2020 - 05:22 AM, said:

How do I make the included demos run in the main menu of Blood while using BuildGDX? They are currently named blood000.dem, blood001.dem, blood002.dem and blood003.dem and is within the BuildGDX folder a made for Blood (I made a copy of BuildGDX for each build-engine game). I tried renaming the *.dem files to demo001 and so on, but whatever I do the console says there's 0 demos in loop.

Be sure, that you're using dem files from version 1.21. The version should be "277"

This post has been edited by m210®: 28 June 2020 - 09:58 PM

User is offline   Boomstick 

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not

But when playing Redneck Rampage 2/Rides Again, When the intro starts up there's no sound playing during it.

User is offline   Cash Diver 

I could miss something in BloodGDX options or it's descriptions, but I can't find a way to play with bots. Tried fake multiplayer without monsters, but players didn't attack me, they've just stood on their places. Is this a bug? :) If it is possible to play BloodGDX with bots, I'm also interested where I can learn appropriate console commands for maps choosing and etc.

User is offline   m210® 

Blood don't have bots. I made a MP player spawning for debug/test

I can change map from console by typing "mario X Y"

This post has been edited by m210®: 29 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

User is online   Phredreeke 

I think he meant loading external maps

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 July 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

I think he meant loading external maps

I'm not sure that typing some longest path to a map in the console is better than simple choosing it from menu

User is offline   rea987 

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition doesn't work on Linux Mint 19.3.

I have tried it with OpenJDK 8, OpenJDK 11 and Java 8.
With OpenJDK 8 and Java 8, the game launches but stalls with "
Looks like Twentieth Anniversary World Tour CON files.
" message. With OpenJDK 11, it doesn't even launch. I tried the Megaton Edition, it launches and plays just fine with OpenJDK 8. Here are the logs:
Duke 20th with Java 8: https://gist.github....0f47f96c2faa3a7
Duke 20th with Java 8 (terminal): https://gist.github....5147a4eda160a40
Duke 20th with OpenJDK 8: https://gist.github....feeda72f4697f7c
Duke 20th with OpenJDK 8 (terminal): https://gist.github....e3c27314ddcd523
Duke 20th with OpenJDK 11 (terminal): https://gist.github....1715d221f341530
Duke Megaton with OpenJDK 8: https://gist.github....fb2b560728d99aa
Duke Megaton with OpenJDK 8 (terminal): https://gist.github....fd993db22af42d7

This post has been edited by rea987: 02 August 2020 - 08:20 AM

User is offline   no_fantasy 

Looks like BuildGDX doesn't choose best audio sample rate quality in Blood and you don't even have an option to do it manually.

User is offline   Jamesfff 

In playing the Shadow Warrior Central 20th Anniversary addon (SWC20.grp, available at https://www.moddb.co...downloads/swc20) in WangGDX, I have encountered what is likely a showstopper bug in the Heretic level (map 12 / $bath.map in the grp) - the game crashes when you approach the Gold Key Door from any direction, which could prevent you from exiting the level, since the exit is near the yellow key door. (And I also had a crash in SW Land (the secret level [map 22 / $auto.map), when I pulled the switch in front of the window overlooking the ship.)

User is offline   no_fantasy 

View Postno_fantasy, on 04 September 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

Looks like BuildGDX doesn't choose best audio sample rate quality in Blood and you don't even have an option to do it manually.

Sorry I was mistaken. Once I manipulated with sound drivers and resamplers in the game options sound quality became good.
You have to choose resampler "nearest" at "OPENAL1.1 ALSOFT 1.18.1" and it sounds as good as DOS version.
Same also refers to DukeGDX and WangGDX.

User is offline   VGA 

Vanilla mode is Off in the options but I still got the infinite burning man bug, is this normal? Actually, I shot two zombies one after the other and they both got bugged! I hate this bug from the original, how do I get rid of it?

Also, which OpenAL version should I choose?

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Vanilla mode is Off in the options but I still got the infinite burning man bug, is this normal? Actually, I shot two zombies one after the other and they both got bugged! I hate this bug from the original, how do I get rid of it?

The flameguy bug was never fully fixed, it just should happen less often... at least in theory.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 12 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

User is offline   VGA 

View PostDzierzan, on 12 October 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

The flameguy bug was never fully fixed, it just should happen less often... at least in theory.

Makes sense, it hasn't happened again. It was a special case then, because I set them on fire at the same time and they both got bugged!

I noticed this while picking up the stuff in E1M4, I ran over the akimbo and the two flare guns and entered the water ... then I noticed I don't actually have the akimbo, it isn't working! After the power-up timed out Caleb lowered the shotgun and raised it again.

Posted Image

Hi, new to the forum and probably not the right place for a first post, but to begin with, BuildGDX is the best source port in the whole world, together with GZDoom for the id Tech 1 classics and Quakespasm for Quake. Thank You for your hard work that allows us boomers to relive the past, except with better gameplay and graphics!

Just one thing bothering me with BuildGDX: the skyboxes with the polymost renderer. They seem to be shifted down on all video modes when you look up and then start again halfway. I downloaded the skybox pack, which fixed the Duke3D, Blood, SW and Powerslave skyboxes, but unfortunately not the Witchaven 1 and 2 ones, which I understand are not possible to fix like the others.

Is there any way to fix the skybox in the Witchavens with the polymer renderer, so they are centered/stretched properly and at least look like they do with the classic renderer? Thanks!

User is offline   RetroJaro 

Powerslave just got released on gog. Buildgdx crashes when running it. Posted Image Yup.. got nothin' else to add. \o/

User is offline   Dracolich 

View Postrea987, on 02 August 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition doesn't work on Linux Mint 19.3.

I have tried it with OpenJDK 8, OpenJDK 11 and Java 8.
With OpenJDK 8 and Java 8, the game launches but stalls with "
Looks like Twentieth Anniversary World Tour CON files.
" message. With OpenJDK 11, it doesn't even launch. I tried the Megaton Edition, it launches and plays just fine with OpenJDK 8.

Hi all, first time poster here. I just finished playing the Alien World Order episode for my first time using BuildGDX 1.14. I encountered a similar problem using Slackware Linux when using the World Tour game directory. I tried BuildGDX versions 1.13, 1.14 and 1.15 and all versions stall when the startup messages reaches "parsing locale". The same directories and files works in Windows 7 and 10.
I was able to play the AWO episode with Duke3D Atomic as user content after zipping the E5 maps, cons, and sound files from WT. This allowed it to work in Linux with BuildGDX 1.14 and lower; however, with 1.15 this method now fails with

Exception in thread "Build Application" java.lang.NullPointerException
at ru.m210projects.Duke3D.Gamedef.handleWTCons(Gamedef.java:3225)
at ru.m210projects.Duke3D.Gamedef.loaduserdef(Gamedef.java:3325)
at ru.m210projects.Duke3D.ResourceHandler.checkEpisodeResources(ResourceHandler.java: 232)
at ru.m210projects.Duke3D.Screens.GameScreen$3.run(GameScreen.java:793)
at ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.executeRunnables(BuildApplication. java:182)
at ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.mainLoop(BuildApplication.java: 130)
at ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.access$0(BuildApplication. java:106)
at ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication$1.run(BuildApplication.java: 92)

I tried adjusting settings in the launcher such as different resolutions, classic renderer, no sound and midi, and switching from Oracle JDK 15 to JRE 8

User is offline   warezeater 

m210, the latest BuildGDX (1.15 with JRE) running Blood with Polymost renderer looks like this (Classic renderer is OK):
Spoiler
These artifacts appear already at the launch sequence.

Upd: fixed by deleting old bloodgdx.ini from the %userprofile%\M210Projects\BloodGDX\

Upd: the problem can be reproduced by setting Anisotropy in the renderer settings to anything but none (= 1 in the bloodgdx.ini) and restarting the game.

This post has been edited by warezeater: 06 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options