• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View Postfgsfds, on 09 March 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

What map is this? Does it look the same with voxels off?

It's E4M6 "The Ganglion Depths". I need to check later how it looks without voxels. However, it's definitely not a huge issue. Fixing rendering ROR scenes would be much more important.

Btw, is anybody interested in creating skyboxes for Blood, similar to the ones Fox made for Duke3D (World Tour has similar ones, too)? It would fix skyboxes in Polymost.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 10 March 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

It's E4M6 "The Ganglion Depths". I need to check later how it looks without voxels. However, it's definitely not a huge issue. Fixing rendering ROR scenes would be much more important.

Btw, is anybody interested in creating skyboxes for Blood, similar to the ones Fox made for Duke3D (World Tour has similar ones, too)? It would fix skyboxes in Polymost.

That already exists, it's just not included with BloodGDX now somewhy. You can grab the skyboxes here:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__292927

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 10 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostB R Y I N A, on 08 March 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'm using Intel HD 3000. I had the same problems with the Doom port GZDoom, but I used some wtfi program that patches the sourceport so it could work with OpenGL 2. Tried to patch gdx, unfortunately it didnt work.

The problem is you're running Windows 10 on an unsupported GPU. Not really anything M210 can do about that. Your best bet is to revert to whatever OS you ran previously if possible.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 10 March 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

It's E4M6 "The Ganglion Depths".

It's the same in the original game. They somehow screwed up all the tesla's ammo sprites on that level.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Something to consider if anyone decides to make a "Blood Plus" I guess?

User is offline   Mr. Death 

The danger sign in E1M2 is messed up when using the included voxel pack:
Attached File  Blood1.jpg (304.28K)
Number of downloads: 27

User is offline   Mr. Death 

I noticed that the secondary controls for the mouse buttons always reset to the defaults every time I restart BloodGDX. This is a problem because I always use mwheeldn for "next weapon" & mwheelup for "previous weapon", but because the default settings are the opposite they conflict with each other & weapon switching becomes messed up. I have to clear/delete the secondary controls every time I restart BloodGDX.

Sometimes using the flare pistol multi-flare secondary fire on a group of enemies there is one single zombie or cultist that stays in burning state forever without dying, becoming an annoying and dangerous walking torch that follow the player. I suppose that too many ignited guys hitted by this attack blocks the code of the event in some situations.

I have not verified if the same event also happens with groups of other creatures or with more burning weapons used on large groups.

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's a known bug in the original game and I'm heavily against fixing it.

• The Truth is in here

View PostZaxx, on 10 March 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

That already exists, it's just not included with BloodGDX now somewhy. You can grab the skyboxes here:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__292927

Great! It will work as-is? I don't see any def file in that zip...

Hello

I played the whole game (Except Cryptic Passage and one or two secret levels) and this are my finds. Maybe some of them are from the original game, i'm not sure, but there are in BloodGDX.

- Floating Objects: Some objects are floating from the ground in some places, and sometimes other are mid buried in the ground (shields power ups normally) but this doens't happen always.
Attached File  scree0008.png (277.25K)
Number of downloads: 21 Attached File  scree0029.png (326.42K)
Number of downloads: 15

- Fuzzy Parts: In some maps, there are some fuzzy parts (Marked in maps with arrows where are the point of view). There are more but maybe with that can you know because what are they happening.
Attached File  scree0010.png (704.6K)
Number of downloads: 17 Attached File  scree0012.png (1.03MB)
Number of downloads: 14 Attached File  scree0011.png (691.35K)
Number of downloads: 13
Attached File  scree0019.png (747.88K)
Number of downloads: 13 Attached File  scree0021.png (693.08K)
Number of downloads: 7 Attached File  scree0024.png (458.66K)
Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  scree0025.png (310.32K)
Number of downloads: 13 Attached File  scree0026.png (492.55K)
Number of downloads: 7

- Stucked: In Catacombs (E3M8) can be easily stucked in that secret (marked with a cross). Also in the map, the object marked with a circle is blinking.
Attached File  scree0016.png (833.23K)
Number of downloads: 12 Attached File  scree0017.png (42.02K)
Number of downloads: 7 Attached File  scree0018.png (113.26K)
Number of downloads: 9

- Locked Doors: Also n Catacombs (E3M8), you can use the skull key in this door only once. If you try to do again it doesn't open, and you have the key. Also in Monster Bait (E3M6), the end level door opens and closes in a time, and it never open again.
Attached File  scree0020.png (262.72K)
Number of downloads: 4 Attached File  scree0022.png (1.23MB)
Number of downloads: 4

- Shooting throw low fences: I will show this example, but it happened in other parts. I don't know if it intended in that way, but when there are a low fence (a bar bar in this case) the enemys behind are less affected with any weapon you use. I used napalm launcher in this example and five shoots before i found the right place to kill both Fanatics there. The same happens using the machinegun.
Attached File  scree0000.png (506.08K)
Number of downloads: 12 Attached File  scree0001.png (508.85K)
Number of downloads: 6

Also, talking about shooting, the Stone Gargoyle hitmap seems a bit messed because you can shot throw most parts of its body (with the napalm launcher) without hitting it.

- Water: It seems there is some issues with enemys in the water. Maybe all are in the original game (like the Cultist/Fanatic problem with Flare Pistol, for example). Playing the game i found some enemys (hands, zombies) tend to "float" in the top of a water pool, but the real problem is anyway you are in the bottom of the pool (far from the enemys), they catch or hit you and automaticly returns to the top of the pool. With that, and also with the problem of shooting diagonallly up and down what for sure is endemic of the engine, make this enemys so hard to kill.

Saying that, the first 5 episodes of the game (Blood + Plasma Pak) are completable without mayor problems, and now i will play Cryptic Passage, what you should put something in your web to say what files you need to copy in the folder to play it (I copy all named Cryptic files and CP* files and seems to work).

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Lukas ThyWalls: 11 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostNightFright, on 11 March 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

Great! It will work as-is? I don't see any def file in that zip...

Yes it works, all you have to do is place them into the skybox folder given that the files name didn't changed, so the 512x512 skyboxes should be compatible even with the recent .def.

• The Truth is in here

Regarding Cryptic Passage:
I made a subdir "cryptic" with cryptic.ini, maps and art files (renamed to tiles007.art and tiles015.art) plus the cutscene in cryptic\movies (making sure it's properly defined in cryptic.ini).

I don't know if BloodGDX is "smart" enough to detect whether you are running CP or not when putting everything in your Blood root dir and execute cryptic.ini manually, without renaming the art files (as cpart07.ar_/cpart15.ar_). In that case, you could even manually add CP to the official episodes in blood.ini (which would be nice).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 March 2018 - 06:06 AM

BloodGDX resolved this issue many versions ago, CP can perfectly coexist with the other episodes in the same folder without texture or .INI conflicts. No more need to rename CPART07.AR_ and CPART15.AR_ into .ART or make two separated path. It will be displayed before Post Mortem in according with the timeline.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 11 March 2018 - 06:14 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostLukas ThyWalls, on 11 March 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

Floating Objects: Some objects are floating from the ground in some places, and sometimes other are mid buried in the ground

That's how Blood's physics work.

- Fuzzy Parts: In some maps, there are some fuzzy parts

These are well known and won't be fixed any time soon.

- Stucked: In Catacombs (E3M8) can be easily stucked in that secret (marked with a cross).

Not sure how you did that.

- Locked Doors: Also n Catacombs (E3M8), you can use the skull key in this door only once.

Same as the original game.

- Shooting throw low fences:

Where exactly did you shoot?

View PostNightFright, on 11 March 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

Regarding Cryptic Passage: I made a subdir "cryptic"

No need for that. If you have Steam or GOG version, just leave it as is. CP will show as 6th episode.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

• The Truth is in here

I just tried and it works indeed. However, it should be shown as fifth episode, not sixth. That's a rather minor issue, though.

Btw, if you try to fix it by adding CP to blood.ini and delete cryptic.ini, it'll break and CP art files won't be used.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

I think the reason for Cryptic Passage appearing after Post Mortem is that it was made by different developers. My understanding is picking that episode in the game's menu forces the game to load cryptic.ini and the special tilesets (you can't use cheats to jump to a level in a different episode while playing CP) hence why manually adding CP to blood.ini breaks the tilesets

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 11 March 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Btw, if you try to fix it by adding CP to blood.ini and delete cryptic.ini, it'll break and CP art files won't be used.

No, it won't work. Why the hell would you do that though? M210 already made it as easy as possible.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 11 March 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I just tried and it works indeed. However, it should be shown as fifth episode, not sixth. That's a rather minor issue, though.

I think it should be the 6th episode honestly. Sure, it fits into the story differently but separating it by putting it last on the list serves its purpose: originally CP had its own exe, it was developed by a different developer and the level design is different so it's kind of its own thing.

• The Truth is in here

Well, main thing is actually that it works. CP may be commonly referred to as "Episode 5", but I am grateful it's that easy to get working without even placing all the files in an extra folder and running it separarately. Thanks a lot to M210 for this smooth and convenient implementation!

• The Truth is in here

Is it normal that the last level of an episode does not have a level stats screen in the end? I noticed it when finishing the first episode of the Bloodlines TC, but I think it also applies to any other episode, also the official ones.

User is offline   m210® 

As I remember original game also hasn't it

It's a good thing that at the end of the level your only statistics are how many enemies you killed and secret you found, you don't have to bother to beat those annoying numbers on the screen that tells you how slow you have been just because decided to explore more accurately or more careful.

But if there will be an option to abilitate a Par Time (an OPTION) I would have nothing against it.

• The Truth is in here

Hmmm... OK then, I guess. It's just a bit weird to finish the last level and then simply get thrown to the game credits. It would have been nice to have at least a slight indicator that the level is officially finished. Personally I consider this a bug, even if it was like that in the original game. :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Hmmm... OK then, I guess. It's just a bit weird to finish the last level and then simply get thrown to the game credits. It would have been nice to have at least a slight indicator that the level is officially finished. Personally I consider this a bug, even if it was like that in the original game. :)

It may very well be. It's just not consistent with the rest of the game so I think a stat screen for the last levels should be a thing in BGDX.

User is offline   VGA 

The readme mentions surfaces.dat and voxels.dat but their proper names are surface.dat and voxel.dat. Also, the folder with the movie files from the CD is named movie, not movies!

Right? Well, I know it's right, because I got everything working fine :)

Which files do I need for the Cryptic campaign and should I zip them up or what?

This post has been edited by VGA: 13 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

• The Truth is in here

You need all the maps, the movie files (cryptic.smk and cryptic.wav), the art files (cpart07.ar_ and cpart15.ar_) and cryptic.ini.

Basically copy everything into the Blood root dir (movie files can go into "movie" subdir along with the other Blood cutscenes). After that, BloodGDX will automatically show CP as sixth episode when starting the game. No need to launch cryptic.ini manually.

If you want, you can also put the maps and movie files into a separate subdir, e.g. named "cryptic", but then you'd have to change file paths in cryptic.ini accordingly. Any way, the ini and art files must remain in the root dir (along with the other art files) to work.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

• The Truth is in here

I just played "The Carnage Continues" and I get tons of this error in BloodGDX.log after playing the first level:
OpenAL Error 40963

Does anyone know what it could mean?

Except for movies, BloodGDX should work if you just extract it to the same folder as your Blood install.

(as for the movies, isn't the blood.gog file just a renamed ISO? any chance of loading movies directly from it, M210?)

View Postfgsfds, on 11 March 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

These are well known and won't be fixed any time soon..

That's disappointing to hear, what exactly causes it?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 14 March 2018 - 02:51 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNightFright, on 14 March 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

OpenAL Error 40963

Does anyone know what it could mean?

It's just a service information for me, it seems I made something in sound manager and valus like sound volume or pitch is out of range. I will fix it later.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options