• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostFantinaikos, on 05 March 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

Just a trivial visual bug (if is not just my impression or my system thing): The pitchfork seems not to turn "bloody" after using it.

Because original game haven't this feature...

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Noticed a typo in the controls options: "advance axis setup" is written instead of "advanced axis setup". :)

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 06 March 2018 - 02:18 AM

View PostM210, on 05 March 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

It happes because you had a crash, midi threads don't closing automaticly after unknown exception. Why exception was unknown? I don't know

So you have no idea what should I do to fix this issue?

This post has been edited by B R Y I N A: 06 March 2018 - 05:14 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I just played a full episode for the first time with BloodGDX. After the first episode, I have to say I am impressed! It feels like the DOS version, CD music works and widescreen is flawless! Handling addons is also quite easy (provided you don't have to prepare files first before they work).

I remember one obvious texture alignment bug in 0.789, i.e. one side of the "You have to be this tall" sign in E1M8 "The House of Horrors". More serious seems to be what's going on with the jumping boots. When using them, counter stays at 99, but they don't work, anyway. Many secret areas remain unaccessible this way.

I also wasn't able to get midi working with the VST Midi Driver and the Yamaha S-YXG50 VSTi plugin.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Caleb 

Visual bugs when looking from the train to the outside just before the last room of Death Wish E2M1, seems ROR-related.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 06 March 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

More serious seems to be what's going on with the jumping boots. When using them, counter stays at 99, but they don't work, anyway.

Weird. Never had this problem.

View PostCaleb, on 06 March 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Visual bugs when looking from the train to the outside just before the last room of Death Wish E2M1, seems ROR-related.

There is no ROR on that map. It's related to the length of the sector's wall. Polymost seems to fail to render very long sectors. Bloatoid said that he had fixed this bug by dividing this sector into smaller sectors, but it seems he forgot to include it in the latest update.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 06 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

• The Truth is in here

I need to check the boots in my ep.2 playthrough to verify. Anyway, I dunno what you can do wrong when checking. If you activate them, your jumps should be higher. For me, that just wasn't happening.

User is offline   Ceekur 

Very nice work on the new version! Wondering though, why were the ejected shotgun shells and tommy bullets commented out in the voxel file?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostCeekur, on 07 March 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Very nice work on the new version! Wondering though, why were the ejected shotgun shells and tommy bullets commented out in the voxel file?

I'd be curious about that too because as far as I remember once the voxel performance got fixed they stopped choking the framerate. Those bullet shell voxels also looked pretty nice.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 March 2018 - 02:18 AM

• The Truth is in here

Finished with my ep.2 playthrough. Two things to mention:
- HOM on top of floor rock in mine of E2M7 (see attached screenshot)
- Non-functional jump boots (see my report above) really start to annoy me by now. I could only continue in E2M7 by rocket-jumping at the end of the "chain hook rail". I hope this can be reproduced and fixed.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNightFright, on 07 March 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

Finished with my ep.2 playthrough. Two things to mention:
- HOM on top of floor rock in mine of E2M7 (see attached screenshot)
- Non-functional jump boots (see my report above) really start to annoy me by now. I could only continue in E2M7 by rocket-jumping at the end of the "chain hook rail". I hope this can be reproduced and fixed.

You first and only one, who has problems with jump boots. Are you sure, that boots are activating? Try to launch bloodgdx with console (java -jar bloodgdx.jar) and try to activate boots. Maybe you can see some messages with errors or something

User is offline   m210® 

View PostCeekur, on 07 March 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

I think we will back voxel shells in the next release

User is offline   m210® 

View PostB R Y I N A, on 06 March 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

So you have no idea what should I do to fix this issue?

I think you can do something. But also you didn't told me, what crash are had

• The Truth is in here

I just noticed that beast vision has the same issue as the jumping boots for me. When activated, they go to 99, but stay there and do nothing. Doctor's bag and diver suit work as intended.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

View PostM210, on 07 March 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

I think you can do something. But also you didn't told me, what crash are had

Like I said, I changed my OS to Windows 10 like a month ago or so, and before that it worked. Now, I run BloodGDX, add the needed files, set resolution and midi synth, press launch, the launcher is active up until the "Initializing def-scripts..." and the launcher closes itself. I don't think its something due to my Blood files, because I'm playing it in DosBox.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostB R Y I N A, on 08 March 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Like I said, I changed my OS to Windows 10 like a month ago or so, and before that it worked. Now, I run BloodGDX, add the needed files, set resolution and midi synth, press launch, the launcher is active up until the "Initializing def-scripts..." and the launcher closes itself. I don't think its something due to my Blood files, because I'm playing it in DosBox.

Launch bloodgdx in console mode:

java -jar bloodgdx.jar and show me an error message

ThrowError: NullPointerException in gameloop():
ru.m210projects.Blood.j.b(SourceFile:543)
ru.m210projects.Blood.j.a(SourceFile:607)

Is it your crash?

This post has been edited by M210: 08 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

• The Truth is in here

I launched BloodGDX in console mode, but there are no error messages at all. The beast vision counts down when I press the inventory activation key like crazy, but they still don't have any effect. I cannot stop the countdown then until they are depleted, either.

View PostM210, on 08 March 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Launch bloodgdx in console mode:

java -jar bloodgdx.jar and show me an error message

Is it your crash?

Here's the full log:
Checking new version...
You are using the last version
Initializing resource archives
Found 678 files in BLOOD.RFF archive
Found 1747 files in SOUNDS.RFF archive
Version >= v1.10 found
Loading INI file
Initializing Build 3D engine
Loading palettes
Loading translucency table
Loading gamma correction table
Creating standard color lookups
Loading tiles
Initializing dynamic fire
Loading cosine table
Initializing view subsystem
Initializing status bar
Initializing weapon animations
Loading control setup
Initializing network users
Initializing sound system
Dummy midi synth initialized
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil$3 (rsrc:./) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil$3
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
OpenAL Soft initialized
with max voices: 32
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
Change music volume 0.2509804
debug: load ini info blood.ini
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: OpenGL is not supported by the video driver.
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics. java:213)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.setupDisplay(LwjglGraphics.java:175)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:131)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java: 114)
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics. java:210)
... 3 more

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 08 March 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

The beast vision counts down when I press the inventory activation key like crazy, but they still don't have any effect. I cannot stop the countdown then until they are depleted, either.

This may be a bad suggestion and just a shot in the dark but from the way you describe it this seems like an input bug of some sort, like if the inventory activation key registered twice when you press it. What happens when you use the item hotkeys instead? If I remember correctly jump boots is J and beast vision is B by default.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 08 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

• The Truth is in here

Bullseye!

I had mapped "Inventory_use" to keypad5 (central key of the keypad, between the arrow keys), which shows as "242 or 241" under key setup, even if only defined once. Apparently, the game doesn't like that at all. When remapping the key to something else (like keypad+), everything works flawlessly.
Is it possible to make keypad5 work properly? It seems that many ports have problems with this key for some weird reason.

The strange thing is that keypad5 works with the doctor's bag, but not with beast vision or the jump boots. Whenever Inventory_use is used as a toggle, it seems keypad5 fails.

If I manually edit BloodGDX.ini from
Inventory_Use = "242", "241", "N/A"

to
Inventory_Use = "242", "N/A", "N/A"

keypad5 works with beast vision and jump boots, too.

So to me it seems BloodGDX is erroneously assigning two keys at once when pressing keypad5 in the keyboard setup.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

User is offline   Ceekur 

That's weird. I've been using numpad center as my jump key on GDX (and original Blood) ever since I got it. I've never had jumping issues, I would've certainly noticed by now!
I suppose jump wouldn't bug out being mashed twice, since once you're in the air, sending another jump input again instantly wouldn't affect anything.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNightFright, on 08 March 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Is it possible to make keypad5 work properly?

I will try to make something :)

View PostB R Y I N A, on 08 March 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

OpenGL is not supported by the video driver.

It's your problem.

So, what video card are you have? Perhaps Win10 don't support your video card or you have installed old video driver

This post has been edited by M210: 08 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

• The Truth is in here

But does it also show like "242 or 241" in your keyboard setup?

Maybe it has to do with the fact I am using a German keyboard?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNightFright, on 08 March 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

But does it also show like "242 or 241" in your keyboard setup?

Maybe it has to do with the fact I am using a German keyboard?

Not sure yet, but unknown keynames will show as keycode

User is offline   Ceekur 

View PostNightFright, on 08 March 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Is it possible to make keypad5 work properly? It seems that many ports have problems with this key for some weird reason.
So to me it seems BloodGDX is erroneously assigning two keys at once when pressing keypad5 in the keyboard setup.

View PostM210, on 08 March 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

I will try to make something :)

Strange it's a toggle currently. However it does work perfectly for jump for now. Be careful not to break it, or I'll be SOL with my keyboard setup XD

I'm using Intel HD 3000. I had the same problems with the Doom port GZDoom, but I used some wtfi program that patches the sourceport so it could work with OpenGL 2. Tried to patch gdx, unfortunately it didnt work.

• The Truth is in here

Floor alignment of the tesla ammo voxels should also be corrected. The ammo cartridges are always floating a bit above ground. This does not happen everywhere, though. May be map-related.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 March 2018 - 03:18 AM

User is offline   VGA 

Can we get a list of the files that BloodGDX needs to work?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

Floor alignment of the tesla ammo voxels should also be corrected. The ammo cartridges are always floating a bit above ground. This does not happen everywhere, though. May be map-related.

What map is this? Does it look the same with voxels off?

View PostVGA, on 09 March 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Can we get a list of the files that BloodGDX needs to work?

Check readme.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostB R Y I N A, on 08 March 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

so it could work with OpenGL 2.

BloodGDX still using GL1.1 (GL1.5 for voxels), maybe therefore patch for GL2.0 doesn't works

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options