• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 March 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

(as for the movies, isn't the blood.gog file just a renamed ISO? any chance of loading movies directly from it, M210?)

I don't planning to make a virtual "CDZilla" or "AchivatorZilla" in my port.

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 March 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

That's disappointing to hear, what exactly causes it?

I think noone known:)

User is offline   VGA 

Are those "fuzzy parts" like Hall of mirrors effect? And they don't exist in vanilla?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostVGA, on 14 March 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Are those "fuzzy parts" like Hall of mirrors effect? And they don't exist in vanilla?

These are ROR related and Polymost doesn't work well with ROR. Maybe with Polymost 2 something will change, but I'm not sure if fixing ROR is a part of the upgrade. Obviously, original game doesn't have these problems.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

But my understanding is that only applied to true ROR. After all Polymost can still handle ROR as used in Shadow Warrior.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 March 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

But my understanding is that only applied to true ROR. After all Polymost can still handle ROR as used in Shadow Warrior.

If I know correctly Blood handles ROR in a way that's a bit different from how SW does it.

User is offline   VGA 

Maybe the maps themselves can be edited to fix the problem?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

That's a pretty bad idea. What worked in the original game should never be changed. I am sure M210 will figure out a solution for the rendering issues sooner or later. While these glitches look weird, the maps are absolutely playable right now.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

User is offline   Mr. Death 

This "morphing" painting in E1M2 is messed up when using the included voxel pack:
Attached File  Blood1.jpg (348.58K)
Number of downloads: 38

I'm not exactly sure if these are issues with the voxels or BloodGDX.

• The Truth is in here

Not only in E1L2. Everywhere. Only one animation frame is affected as far as I can tell. At first I thought it was because of palette issues with addons, but it happens in other places, too. I wouldn't know how the voxel pack is affecting this, however.

Does anyone know the tilenum of this "rotting Madonna" painting?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMr. Death, on 15 March 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

This "morphing" painting in E1M2 is messed up when using the included voxel pack:

Palette wasn't properly applied to this model. Should be fixed now.

• The Truth is in here

There is a separate download for the voxel pack? Or how else can you fix it?

User is offline   fgsfds 

It will be included with the next BGDX release.

• The Truth is in here

Great! I guess the shell casings will also be unlocked, right? I already did it in my local copy and did not notice any slowdown.

User is offline   TheXna 

Sorry for the video quality and my English! but here's what i found in one day

EDIT: Next video will be in better quality, this is the first time i made a video with Movie Studio :)

This post has been edited by TheXna: 17 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheXna, on 17 March 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Sorry for the video quality and my English! but here's what i found in one day

EDIT: Next video will be in better quality, this is the first time i made a video with Movie Studio :)

Ok, Some bugs I can fix B) Btw, what map shown at first in the video? Looks like a map01, but it isn't map01

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostM210, on 18 March 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

Ok, Some bugs I can fix :) Btw, what map shown at first in the video? Looks like a map01, but it isn't map01

It's an old project I did in 2012, I was a huge fan of witchaven 1 and 2, So I used to fix some map issues and added a few more but fair challenges, cause almost every map from witchaven 1 and 2 seems kinda rushed, I added a few things to them, and some other fixes like non working doors and stuff like that! (added a few areas, changed some areas to make them look different and less confusing to navigate, More stuff, more enemies and more fun! oh and I made a few platform sections more easy to jump, you could pass them but the only way to get through these is by doing the arrow ladder trick or using the fly spell for one stupid jump!) I could continue since I still have experience with mapedit tools, (my last project released was from 2017 and it was a map fix for Fate and more levels for that game, too bad it never was finished) witchaven mapedit its pretty basic since its one of the first fps game that uses the build engine and it doesn't use it and it full potential, I mean they tried, some levels are cool looking but some design choices where poorly executed! some of these don't work at all!

User is offline   daMann 

Hey M210!

So, here is something I've found.

I just realized, too, that the screenshots were taken with my Iris screen filter on, so if I need to take without I can do during daytime...I think you can grasp what's going on, though...

So, in one shot, which reflects mapedit/dosbox Blood, the beams of light from the TV are white, transparent, etc. That is a palette setting of 1 and set to complete darkness, with transparency of 1.

The other is a shot from ingame of BloodGDX, and its black, with no palette change.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   fgsfds 

Does anyone know a guaranteed way to reproduce the burning guy bug?

User is offline   fgsfds 

Found a weird bug on E2M4, never heard of this one. It's in the original game too. I didn't pick up any tomes required to access the secret level.

• The Truth is in here

Hey, that's cool. And I had such a hard time to figure out how to find all the tomes... xD

User is offline   m210® 

Heh:)) I will try to understand what's happened :P)

User is offline   Yes 

Okay, so my problem is a strange one. In the House of Horrors, the front of the "you must be this tall" sign looks like this.
Posted Image

However, the back of the sign looks like this at the same time.
Posted Image

Is there a problem with my game, or is this a GDX bug?

This post has been edited by Yes: 10 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

User is offline   Yes 

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

That clock is actually not upside down, it's offset just enough to put the clock face at the bottom. Something similar happens to the "you must be this tall" sign at the beginning of House of Horrors

Well, I found my answer I suppose. This is indeed odd, but why is it that one side is jumbled up and the other side is completely fine?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostYes, on 10 April 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well, I found my answer I suppose. This is indeed odd, but why is it that one side is jumbled up and the other side is completely fine?

It's a "non powered of two texture feature" and with very big yoffset it makes this bug. At the next release "non powered of two texture" support will be disabled and this bug will be fixed

User is offline   daMann 

M210 great!

How is the next release coming? Did you catch my texture color issue above with transparent ones? I can create in different scenarios as well if it'd be helpful.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostdaMann, on 10 April 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

M210 great!

How is the next release coming? Did you catch my texture color issue above with transparent ones? I can create in different scenarios as well if it'd be helpful.

Is this sprites? I will try to fix it, but it's not too easy.

I don't know about the next release date, maybe at this month

User is offline   Yes 

Back again with another weird one. So, during Alter of Stone while I was playing with monster count at max with everything else at 4, I went up against the two stone gargoyle and their posse of regular gargoyles. I shot at the with the flare pistol's alt fire which cause some of them to die. But it was when I killed the second to last regular gargoyle where the ending cutscene triggered. The two stone gargoyles were still very much alive yet I still got the win regardless.

User is offline   m210® 

Yep, custom difficulty level is disbalanced. It's better what I can do - delete enemies quantity option

User is offline   Phredreeke 

No no, leave custom difficulty in, just put a warning screen that its effects are untested =P

User is offline   supergoofy 

the key word is: experimental

:P

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options