Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I would put it a little differently. Anyone capable of holding a gun could kill me with a gun. But there are certain types of people that I can identify by looking at them that I am 99% sure are not going to be carrying a gun. Or even if they did have a gun, they would not be ready or psychologically prepared to pull it out and use it fast enough.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostDanukem, on 18 September 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

I would put it a little differently. Anyone capable of holding a gun could kill me with a gun. But there are certain types of people that I can identify by looking at them that I am 99% sure are not going to be carrying a gun. Or even if they did have a gun, they would not be ready or psychologically prepared to pull it out and use it fast enough.

I think entirely differently.

Every female in the marines was required to have weapons training,
and there's no tell at all to separate them from the rest of the females in society.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Anybody who even has the bare minimum military experience carries themselves differently than civilians.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 18 September 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Anybody who even has the bare minimum military experience carries themselves differently than civilians.

Not after a couple years or after they get out
The "Boot" eventually dies off

EDIT:
And yes someone that is currently carrying a gun
whether or not they are trained
does indeed act differently then those who don't

but the issue here is that you didn't say acts differently
you said pasty thin

pasty thinness has nothing to do
with gauging if one is carrying a gun or not.
nor does it have anything to do
with if one knows how to handle one.

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 18 September 2020 - 08:33 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I've only noticed a difference in how somebody carries themselves if they train martial arts, particularly if it's BJJ.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLazy Dog, on 15 September 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

Mediocre trailer. I liked the first season, but tbh the praise Mandalorian gets is somewhat undeserved. The show doesn't suck and it is the last hope for SW right now, but it's no masterpiece. The best episode was the one directed by Taika Waititi.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I agree, it's basically just "Hey, do you like Baby Yoda?" The good part is it looks like it's maintaining the same quality while not showing much.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJimmy, on 18 September 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

I agree, it's basically just "Hey, do you like Baby Yoda?" The good part is it looks like it's maintaining the same quality while not showing much.

Well yeah, it's like...

Remember how we didn't suck hairy donkey balls in season one?

Well, we STILL don't suck hairy donkey balls. but we do suck little yoda balls and you love it

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDanukem, on 18 September 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

but we do suck little yoda balls and you love it

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think that Disney's blind spot is hilarious. They really didn't think Mando would do well, and even more bizarre, they didn't think that Baby Yoda would be huge. They didn't have merch for like over a year. It's funny considering all the poorly designed characters and shit they thought would blow up and they really didn't think the cutest SW character ever would be a big seller. LOL

If any of y'alls women/kids like the show, I highly recommend the ~$25 Baby Yoda doll at Wal-Mart. It's body is a soft plush, the head is a medium-hard plastic just like on baby dolls. In fact, it's basically a really well made baby doll, it's even weighted in such a way you kind of feel like you're really holding a baby.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 19 September 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

I think that Disney's blind spot is hilarious. They really didn't think Mando would do well, and even more bizarre, they didn't think that Baby Yoda would be huge. They didn't have merch for like over a year. It's funny considering all the poorly designed characters and shit they thought would blow up and they really didn't think the cutest SW character ever would be a big seller. LOL

Well, Disney owns Hulu

And it was probably some dumb math that they did
New Hulu series doesn't do as well as netflix
Disney+ doesn't have as many subscribers as Hulu
Mandolorian won't do well

Mandolorian was the only tv show we were able to get on request in the psych ward
that's how popular it was.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostJimmy, on 19 September 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

Disney
LucasFilm
Kathleen Kennedy

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 September 2020 - 04:01 AM

Hated everything after the original trilogy. It just became a brand for milking. It's no wonder why they waited for so long for a continuation because the first three movies were already the complete experience. Sorry if I sound like a boomer, but that's just what I think.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 October 2020 - 06:50 PM

me after watching chapter 13 of the Mandalorian

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

I'm calling it

Season 3

25 years pass with grogu choosing to learn the ways of the mandalorians instead of the jedis, he has his own armor, blasters, jetpack, the whole 9, they return to mandalore and they find the mandalorians that he aided and bequeath grogu with the dark saber making him the second mandalorian jedi knight, the mandalorians once again unite under one rule and assist in defeating what remains of the empire. Boba fett comes out of hiding to resolve a personal dispute with one of the empire leaders, battle lasts 15 seconds, boba says something unrecognizable to the mandalorian and disappears again.

This post has been edited by Null: 27 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

What a fantastic episode.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It was, even though some people out there seem to dislike the name "Grogu". In general this series is one huge fan service with lots of appearances and mentions people have been waiting for since ages, like Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Bo Katan... Even Thrawn might possibly appear later on now, or the name just dropped for the Ahsoka spinoff we might be getting later on.

I am curious what they will do with the option that another Jedi may appear. There aren't that many left. In theory, just Luke - which would be awesome, however pretty much impossible since Mark Hamill made clear he's done playing the character. Someone else could play the role, but that's very risky. Maybe Obi Wan's Force ghost could appear, but they won't spoil McGregor's return to the franchise with a premature cameo.

Anyway, we know how it's gonna end: Grogu will stay with Mando. It's a bit unfair for Pedro Pascal since the small guy kinda steals his show, but it's a calculated Disney thing. Also there are ofc often plots like which stronghold/bad guy/monster are we going against this week, but I guess that's the way this character works and operates. It's nitpicking on a high level. In general, it's the best Disney Star Wars we are getting since Rogue One.

Speaking of which, still need to watch the last Clone Wars season...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 November 2020 - 07:36 AM

View PostNightFright, on 28 November 2020 - 07:35 AM, said:

however pretty much impossible since Mark Hamill made clear he's done playing the character. Someone else could play the role, but that's very risky.

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

I saw an interview with Sabastian Stan where they asked him about the possibility and outright said he knows nothing about Star Wars and doesn't know the character at all. They asked him to try doing some lines and he was super hesitant because he didn't want to offend fans. Yeah, he's an incredible likeness and it could work....if he was more of a fan. I'm not hopeful.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 November 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I saw an interview with Sabastian Stan where they asked him about the possibility and outright said he knows nothing about Star Wars and doesn't know the character at all. They asked him to try doing some lines and he was super hesitant because he didn't want to offend fans. Yeah, he's an incredible likeness and it could work....if he was more of a fan. I'm not hopeful.

He could watch episodes IV - VI and know everything he needs to about the character in one evening. Watching the other trash would actually decrease his knowledge.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I liked the episode, but this is where Disney is starting to approach dangerous territory (considering their track record.) I think what fans have really responded to is that they've tried to do something different with the series and kind of go back to the action-adventure roots of the original trilogy. "Inserting" it into official lore is risky, and of course what they should do. I just hope they get it right. They've gotta resist the member berries.

I think naming baby Yoda was kind of dumb, and not a great name to boot. Part of what people like about the show is the mystery of everything. Star Wars has tended to over explain stuff in the past, which removed the fun.

And Pedro Pascal needs to stop whining. He knew what he was getting into when he signed up for the project. At this point Disney should just replace him. Literally nothing of value will be lost.

As for Mark Hamill, I think he is contractually controlled in what he can say and his real problems come from how Disney has betrayed him, Luke, and the fans many times. Hamill has his finger on the pulse of fans, because he knows he'd be nowhere without them. If things were right I wouldn't be surprised to see him return, but only then. I think him saying he doesn't want to return to the character is a bit of a wink to fans, "they won't treat Luke this way anymore."

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 28 November 2020 - 09:39 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 28 November 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

As for Mark Hamill, I think he is contractually controlled in what he can say and his real problems come from how Disney has betrayed him, Luke, and the fans many times. Hamill has his finger on the pulse of fans, because he knows he'd be nowhere without them. If things were right I wouldn't be surprised to see him return, but only then. I think him saying he doesn't want to return to the character is a bit of a wink to fans, "they won't treat Luke this way anymore."

There's a certain respect artists want to garner when they've officially made a name for themselves. They want to display that they know what they are doing, unlike whoever's paying their bills, and letting them have full creative control with their artwork is going to be the only way that they insert themselves into something, disney is never going to let him do that. An example of this is David Lynch post dune, the only movie of his that he doesn't like, where he changed to full I do what the fuck I want mode afterwards, which despite his films not being a box office success, nor many awards, he has made a household name for himself, and has huge respect from people in the film industry, allowing film studios to pay him for something that may not make them not much money, but give them a better reputation amongst cinemaheads, allowing him to be successful to do what the fuck he wants. Mark hamill is probably at the age, where he just wants to do what the fuck he wants, and what that is, is not star wars, legacy is probably more important to him right now then fan servicing or cash. Also some artists don't want to blemish their art by extenuating it, Ivan Shishkin once said some form of "it's better to leave an artwork somewhat looking like art, rather than absolutely photorealistic" partly because no one cares to remember photorealistic artists, and partly because I would think he said this as it more accurately portrays the artists soul. I would personally see mark hamill returning as him selling his soul to disney, I honestly don't think he wants that, I honestly think him being luke skywalker has hurt his career more than anything, when he says he's finished with the character I believe that he means it.

This post has been edited by Null: 29 November 2020 - 03:11 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

He said multiple times he was done with Joker. But he still says if Kevin is onboard so is he despite that.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 November 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

He said multiple times he was done with Joker. But he still says if Kevin is onboard so is he despite that.

*Shrug* there's always hope. There are very few things that are definite, I could see him doing it and giving the money he made to charity or something.

The Mandalorian is very good without Mark Hamill and doesn't really need him in it. They honestly can just contrive a jedi out of thin air like they contrived snoke, or bring back a character from death like they did with palpatine. I personally want to see the extended universes ewok jedi happen with warwick davis in the hotseat, because the ewoks were my favorite characters in star wars besides Jango Fett, so I get wanting to put the rose tinted nostalgia glasses on.

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm not disagreeing with you. I would be fine if Mark refused to return and agree that if he outrightly does so it could be because he doesn't want to tarnish Luke's legacy anymore than it has been and I admire that. I'd rather Luke not show up at all too. It'd be cool if he was referenced, though. One of the cool things about this show is it takes place so far from the Core worlds in the Outer Rim where the Republic and New Jedi Order don't have a presence. There's not really a reason or opportunity to bring them in and I'm just fine with that.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 November 2020 - 05:38 AM

I finally played and beat Republic Commando. Overwhelmingly postive on Steam and I've heard for years I should play it.
  • I will never take seriously again complaints of infinite respawns in the COD franchise (which are frequently inaccurate).
  • I can definitely understand why it is so beloved despite its issues.

I also watched the trailer for the new Lego Star Wars that is supposed to include all 9 episodes.
  • It's incredible how much the sequel content sticks out like it doesn't belong.
  • I now consider myself a fan of the prequel content.

This post has been edited by InnervateInna: 02 December 2020 - 10:07 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

The Clone Wars healed all wounds and problems I had with the prequel content. They're still not great movies, but I like the content and lore.

• Balls of Steel Forever

Spoiler

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Ballsy episode. Very impressed that they got everything so right. Didn't feel forced or fan service in a jack you off sort of way. Really nuanced shit.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options