Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Mark 

OK. Its just that your choice of words comes off as angry. Like fuck you all, and you're all idiots, etc...

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 31 December 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Going through the entire Infinity Saga, I liked all of them except for the Hulk, Iron Man sequels, Age of Ultron, and obviously Captain Marvel. I also think the Captain America sequels are overrated; I like the first one the most. But when it comes to these movies I'm not hard to please. I don't care about comic book accuracy. The comics themselves contradict each other and have so many offshoots, different story arcs, multiple universes, don't age over time, etc. Why should only the comics be allowed that creative license? I don't care what the movies do as long as it's good and makes sense on-screen.

This is absolutely fair.

But as a fan of the comics, I can tell when creative license is being taken and when creative bankruptcy is present. There's a way to do it and a way not to do it. For example, Sony doesn't understand Spider-Man, or Green Goblin, or even Venom. Spider-Man is perhaps the most important Marvel character as far as public visibility and commercial viability. How do you fuck up Spider-Man? Yet Sony does fuck up Spider-Man, a lot too! This is why this weird licensing situation exists with Sony and Marvel right now. I mean, the second one would have to be Wolverine. I get why you can fuck him up, because he's a violent psychopath. I don't mind the creative licenses taken with his character in the X-Men films because it works. I have many beefs with the X-Men films, but Wolverine is not one of them. Just like the creative licenses taken from the Ninja Turtles comics when transferred to a cartoon and a movie. In fact, the X-Men cartoon from the 90s is amazing, and the same creative licenses for Wolverine are taken there. Furthermore, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon took tons of liberties, especially with introducing Venom. They completely over shot The Secret Wars and did something else to introduce him. But they understood the source material and found a way for it to work. In the next decade we're gonna learn that a lot of these Hollywood Marvel films had the same problems that Superman Lives did, big studios wanting to insert stupid shit into the movie because the kids are gonna love it we're gonna make a million bucks!

One of my absolute biggest beefs is how quickly they shoe-horned in the Civil War shit, we didn't even know these characters yet and there were much cooler storylines that could have taken place. And in my opinion, Civil War doesn't even make fucking sense without the inclusion of the X-Men universe.

This post has been edited by HorseDongSub69: 03 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

Nice. I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time, currently halfway through season 5.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 22 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

Finally caught on with Clone Wars, now watching the unfinished episodes:

playlist: https://www.youtube....wN9klaroPfqUtZf

Can't stop laughing at all the T-posing, characters sliding around and dead stares, I mean, just skip to 12:30 :rolleyes:, It's like a Garry's mod video

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 26 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

User is offline   Forge 

looked like it had potential. Then the "actors" started "acting"

Last night i finished watching Rebels, honestly, i can't see where all the hate for that series came from. I'ts not better than Clone Wars, mind you, but one thing i did like was the lack of filler, you know, no episodes centering around Jar Jar :rolleyes:

I really hope the rumors about a sequel in the works are true.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 09 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Rebels was great. I do think season 3 had some filler episodes though. But season 4 was great all the way through. A bunch of episodes really stick out as fantastic like Twilight of the Apprentice, A World Between Worlds. And that one where they're stranded on an asteroid where these deadly aliens come out in the dark. Reminded me of Pitch Black. Those are the ones I remember. But I generally really liked the show.

Really can't wait for Clone Wars Season 7 though.

• The Sarien Encounter

Yesssss.

another clip

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 18 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

Wow. that's all i can say after watching the Clone Wars finale.

• The Sarien Encounter

Dangit I keep forgetting to catch up on these!

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Is it out yet?

Star Wars the Bad Batch, new animated series coming 2021

https://www.starwars...series-announce

always knew they where going to do something with those characters, why devote a third of the last season to introduce them otherwise? and is set after the Clone Wars, so that should be interesting.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. Filoni is good people.

User is online   MrFlibble 

I watched only some episodes from Clone Wars but I liked the series. This new one seems nice too.

The other day I watched The Last Jedi. I can't say I was disappointed because I had no real expectations (I am generally not a Star Wars fan), but I have to say that while the visuals are top-notch and impressive the whole story just falls apart and makes very little sense. I generally agree with this review/analysis:

The Last Jedi felt even worse than The Force Awakens to me, because at east the first one was more or less consistently recycling the plot of A New Hope. TLJ tries to pull off the same with The Empire Strikes Back but falls short because (I think) it fails to deliver any character development, and completely ditches the "war" part.

I am not a big fan of the original trilogy but I think everyone would agree that the Imperial assault on the Hoth base in TESB draws a very convincing picture of a military operation. The Rebellion uses ingenious tactics to overcome the superior firepower of the Imperial force, and disable the AT-ATs. By contrast, the Rebels in TLJ only seem to know the full frontal assault of all tactics, which costs them the entire bombing fleet at the start, and ends up in a pointless last-ditch effort attack on the battering ram cannon, executed in a similar fashion of running straight into enemy fire without regard for casualties. And then the same guy who pressed on with the bomber attack at the start now aborts the push when his force is whittled down to like three people? Is that supposed to show us how he has changed into becoming a better leader (strongly hinted at at the end of the film)? I mean, the First Order AT-ATs are shown clustered in a tight space around the cannon and facing the gate, yet the rebels don't even try to flank them or pull any other manoeuvre, even being outnumbered as they are? I say this is just some lack of imagination on the script author's part.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Pretty enthused to see Sasha Banks joining the cast, she's a great wrestler. I love Gina Carano and her character. Between her and the Mandolorian blacksmith character, they are the only "badass woman" characters I can think of from the past couple of years that actually sell. So tired of seeing these pasty thin broads trying to act badass in movies, bring on Sasha Banks man. Star Wars has been very guilty of this trope too, I hope they keep delivering with Mando. I don't think Disney can ignore the differences in fan response anymore.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 15 September 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Pretty enthused to see Sasha Banks joining the cast, she's a great wrestler. I love Gina Carano and her character. Between her and the Mandolorian blacksmith character, they are the only "badass woman" characters I can think of from the past couple of years that actually sell. So tired of seeing these pasty thin broads trying to act badass in movies, bring on Sasha Banks man. Star Wars has been very guilty of this trope too, I hope they keep delivering with Mando. I don't think Disney can ignore the differences in fan response anymore.

Destroyer in my opinion was the epitome of what a badass woman would actually look like,
Rarely talks, only says shit when she needs to,
and gets the job done.

Just gotta have a good actor and some good writers and directors behind her.

Doesn't need to be big or to be a wrestler to be a badass.
Guns are the great equalizer in modern day,
it makes no sense imo to venerate people in modern society that are solely skilled in cqc
as badasses.

The ip man can defeat 8 people that tried to mug him and his wife irl
but if one of those muggers was proficient with a concealed weapon
him and his wife would've been dead.

So is it realistic in an actual modern day life or death scenario?
No

Sure it's used,
but nowhere near as commonly as it's abused in modern day film.

Most of this cqc stuff is for plot development and shock and awe.
Although it usually provides a negative effect of dissonance from the narrative to reality in most cases.

I like it some times, especially when they acknowledge that fact,
like with john wick, and ghost in the shell.

As is star wars episode 9 falls into one of the worst movies I've ever seen,
I can't name a specific reason, the whole movie was just awful
I felt I had to sit through it because it was star wars
also bringing back an old character and making up a contrived explanation
is lazy ass writing, why I hated part 3 of jojos bizarre adventure.

At least darth plagueis would've made sense,
and would've been a novel character for the main series.

I'm mainly waiting for 20 years from now mst3k will be rebooted again,
and episode 9 will be one of the films they banter on.

EDIT:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 15 September 2020 - 10:45 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Thin pasty broads don't shoot guns and everyone knows it. They eat bean curds and read books about chicks with cancer.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 16 September 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Thin pasty broads don't shoot guns and everyone knows it. They eat bean curds and read books about chicks with cancer.

Posted Image
I wouldn't say she's pasty and thin, but she's not big either, and I would be much more frightened of her then any other women you could ever show me.
That is Lady Death, if you didn't already know.
309 confirmed kills.

In fact,
Everyone on this list, I would be more scared of them then any wrestler, and some of them are pasty and thin

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 16 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>snipers

saged

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 16 September 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

my wife is a thin pasty broad & she would cap you with her .357 if you threatened her or her family.

she hasn't tried to feed me bean curds, so I'm pretty sure she doesn't eat them either & she reads the bible, not some hallmark movie in waiting

(& yes, it's her .357, not mine. I have a model 1911 .45)

but she's an exception to the rule

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 September 2020 - 06:55 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 17 September 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

>snipers

saged

>The world you live in where you think snipers receive less combat training then basic infantry

imaginary

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>implying implications

I don't think that at all, you're just making shit up now.

I love you dude, but you're dense as fuck. The whole point of a sniper is that they are not seen.

I'm talking about a visual medium where they intentionally pick actresses that do not fill the role.

As for Forge's wife, I guarantee she looks like she carries.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

>implying implications

I don't think that at all, you're just making shit up now.

I love you dude, but you're dense as fuck. The whole point of a sniper is that they are not seen.

I'm talking about a visual medium where they intentionally pick actresses that do not fill the role.

As for Forge's wife, I guarantee she looks like she carries.

Destroyer was fine.

Nicole Kidman fit the role well,
and she's tiny af.

The whole idea about the fact that a person has to look a certain way to be proficient at killing people
in modern day, non cqc scenarios
is false.

The huge amount of narrative dissonance that hollywood instills
by adding in these fake never would happen irl combat scenarios for the sake of entertainment and plot development
scenarios that mostly shouldn't exist
scenarios of which that would require a superfit female

Such scenarios are more nonsensical imo then putting a skinny unfit female in the role of a cqc badass.

And yes I know I'm dense
I'm 90% asshole 10% dick
afaik for what makes up my the entirety of my body.

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 18 September 2020 - 12:07 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You brought up CQC, not me.

Pretty clear you just spend your entire day on the internet, dude. Just because guns are the great equalizer does not mean that just anyone can pick up and use them.

Coffee shop THOTs are scared of guns and always will be.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJimmy, on 18 September 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

You brought up CQC, not me.

Pretty clear you just spend your entire day on the internet, dude. Just because guns are the great equalizer does not mean that just anyone can pick up and use them.

Coffee shop THOTs are scared of guns and always will be.

Almost anyone can pickup and use a gun...

And determining that someone is a coffee shop THOT by the way they look is dumb.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You sound like Gatinator from the old 3DR forums.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options