• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

User is offline   Master O 

Questions for the Eduke32 devs:

Now that Blood is getting a remastered port, what does that mean for Blood support in Eduke32? Do you guys still intend to reverse engineer it and then add that to Eduke32?

After Ion Maiden is eventually released, does that mean you guys will focus on support for other build engine games, like Redneck Rampage or Shadow Warrior?

This post has been edited by Master O: 16 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostMaster O, on 16 December 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Questions for the Eduke32 devs:

Now that Blood is getting a remastered port, what does that mean for Blood support in Eduke32? Do you guys still intend to reverse engineer it and then add that to Eduke32?

After Ion Maiden is eventually released, does that mean you guys will focus on support for other build engine games, like Redneck Rampage or Shadow Warrior?

AFAIK both RR and SW are planned. I doubt EDuke32 devs will use any kind of reverse engineered code to support Blood as it would be illegal.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I hope they focus on new stuff honestly: after BloodGDX and BloodEX there won't be much point in a third port and RedneckGDX is coming along nicely too. A new Shadow Warrior port would be cool but that's all for the old stuff so I say bring on Ion Maiden 2 or whatever else they want to do with Build.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostNukeYKT, on 16 December 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

AFAIK both RR and SW are planned. I doubt EDuke32 devs will use any kind of reverse engineered code to support Blood as it would be illegal.

It's complicated. My understanding is Hendrick's plan is to run the original executable (supplied by the user) while hooking calls to the Build engine within the game. As such he dodges having to actually include copyrighted code in the port.

Figured I may as well post this for anyone who wants to see it, plus I don't know how many people have ever actually seen this game running in multiplayer, things start to get more interesting beyond the 50 minute marker in part due to me figuring out how to exploit the weapons system.

I don't do modern FPS games like this, so I'm kinda out of the water here.
For the more technically minded, this was running on a fairly obscure video card, the Trident Blade T64 installed in a 500MHz K6-2, everyone else was using newer systems, one of them had the game running under Wine.

User is offline   Newken 

Death Wish 1.5.10 has been released:
https://www.moddb.co...s/death-wish-15

Question: The GOG release of Blood: One Unit Whole Blood has a soundtrack with 9 MP3s, the last track being the Cryptic Passage theme. Does the original CD release of One Unit Whole Blood have that track as well or does it only have 8 audio tracks?

User is offline   axl 

View PostMaster O, on 10 January 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Question: The GOG release of Blood: One Unit Whole Blood has a soundtrack with 9 MP3s, the last track being the Cryptic Passage theme. Does the original CD release of One Unit Whole Blood have that track as well or does it only have 8 audio tracks?

When I open my CD of One Unit Whole Blood it has 9 tracks. But the first one is data, so only 8 audio tracks.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMaster O, on 10 January 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

It's found on the data track as CRYPTIC.WAV.

View PostHendricks266, on 10 January 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

It's found on the data track as CRYPTIC.WAV.

Why would they have that as a separate file from the rest of the CD audio? [/rhetorical question] Seems a bit strange...

User is offline   fgsfds 

The better question is why is it in the CD audio at all? It's not a music track, it's an audio for the outro cutscene, and these were .wavs in the original game too.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 10 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

User is offline   Jim 

so the main advantages of the Blood remaster over Bloodgdx is that you can code new monsters and weapons?

User is offline   Jim 

I want to try blood 2 again, with the extra crispy mod, Problem is I think this mod has a bug with the spawn additional enemies code, there are 4 or 5 times the normal amount of enemies. The author released his code:

https://www.moddb.co...-50-source-code

I don't know how to edit it, but could somebody take a look and comment out the enemies spawn additional enemies code?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Jim: 17 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostJim, on 17 January 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

I want to try blood 2 again, with the extra crispy mod, Problem is I think this mod has a bug with the spawn additional enemies code, there are 4 or 5 times the normal amount of enemies. The author released his code:

https://www.moddb.co...-50-source-code

I don't know how to edit it, but could somebody take a look and comment out the enemies spawn additional enemies code?

Thanks.

That's not a bug, it's a feature. The mod sucks IMO. You just walk around dual wielding guns and killing enemies in 2-3 shots.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Oh look, here's a thing (was shared on Discrod):
Posted Image

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Not even ingame footage? Pfffft.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, apart from the few screens released when they announced it still nothing.

View PostZaxx, on 21 January 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Yeah, apart from the few screens released when they announced it still nothing.

Thankfully Blood has basically been reverse engineered, thanks to the work done on NBlood.

F--- Warner Brothers!

This post has been edited by Master O: 21 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

User is offline   axl 

View PostMaster O, on 21 January 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Thankfully Blood has basically been reverse engineered, thanks to the work done on NBlood.

I think all ports will be interesting. I'm still going to buy BloodEX to support Night Dive Studios and to see how they managed.

But I agree, at this moment, I'm looking more forward to NBlood, due to the fact it will probably be the only Blood port to provide software rendering.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

There is only one reason why I'm excited about Nightdive's release the most: the netcode. I hope the game will have a small community playing co-op and Bloodbath with netcode that's not from the last century because I totally missed the multiplayer of Blood back in the day.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

BloodEX looking fine:
https://twitter.com/...937724523757570

Edit: + they confirmed on the Discord that we'll have a proper FoV slider... modern technology has cometh, I'll pop open a bottle of champagne now.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 02 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

User is offline   axl 

View PostZaxx, on 02 March 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

BloodEX looking fine:
https://twitter.com/...937724523757570

Edit: + they confirmed on the Discord that we'll have a proper FoV slider... modern technology has cometh, I'll pop open a bottle of champagne now.

I'm still curious for the end result, but I must admit that I almost forgot about this since we now already have 2 working ports. I would be more intregued if it would have been based on the actual source port, but it's not. So I'm wondering why anyone should prefer this one over the other ports... A year ago, this would have been awesome news... I guess we're a bit spoiled right now :)

This post has been edited by axl: 03 March 2019 - 02:01 AM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Yeah, for years we had nothing and suddenly we're gonna have three "source ports" for Blood.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 03 March 2019 - 02:03 AM

User is offline   axl 

View PostDzierzan, on 03 March 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

Yeah, for years we had nothing and suddenly we're gonna have three "source ports" for Blood.

Haha indeed. It's actually a bit weird to have 3 good ports for Blood, while Shadow Warrior, which has its source code released, doesn't have a proper port yet (Redux is very mediocre).

This post has been edited by axl: 03 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postaxl, on 03 March 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

So I'm wondering why anyone should prefer this one over the other ports...

Honestly I'm pretty excited about this port simply because it will bring some new features to the table that I consider important quality of life stuff. FoV sliders, Kex's pretty nice mouse input, DirectX 11 support, a lack of Build's slightly annoying hit registration errors, reworked netcode etc. Also the way I understand it Kex has come a long way since Nightdive started using it so if they don't fuck things up BloodEX will be accurate to the original game logic because all of that stuff was recreated from Build.

But really since it will be an official re-release the most exciting thing for me is that Blood will be a bit more relevant again, it will have a playerbase again for a while so we can experience the Bloodbath like in the old days. :) I did not have a proper internet connection when the game was originally released so I missed all the multiplayer fun.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 03 March 2019 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Nem screenshots from Nightdive's stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/mHYu9JK
Before anyone asks: you can turn off the weapon wheel, they just added it for the sake of people who like switching weapons with the prev / next weapon command.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 16 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

In a deleted Tweet, Kaiser said it will be releasing next month.

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Haha. I hope it wasn't deleted because the release date is not set in stone yet, it would be nice to have it in April.

User is offline   Lunick 

I wish the pickup text was aligned to the left...

User is offline   Phredreeke 

What's with the pitchfork to the left side of that screen?

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options