• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210® 

Will this be of any use?

I think yes, it is :(

So looking forward to this dude! You gotta' get a paypal account soon to accept international donations. Are you interested in working on the XL port of Blood or are you just playing wait and see on that project?

LONG LIVE BLOOD!

User is offline   m210® 

I just watch for this project, but i think it interesting too.

For paypal I need a credit card, which I don't have. My old credit card can't register on the paypal site :(
Maybe at future I can do this when I find a new job

This post has been edited by M210: 15 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

User is offline   LAW 

So with the updates to erampage and with this mod we will finally have the great Build four playable under Windows :(

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostLAW, on 19 July 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

So with the updates to erampage and with this mod we will finally have the great Build four playable under Windows :(

What updates to eRampage?

User is offline   supergoofy 

ony a change to the makefile was done on Mar 26, 2012 to the source of eRampage, the rest of the changes are from May 11, 2010

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 19 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLAW, on 19 July 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Such a claim is sacrilege. The originals or bust.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I won't try erampage unless it's really a "port" like TC or something, not just a hacked eduke32 shit mod based on code of old eduke32(even though it has some good features like map patching), sorry but that's what I feel. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hi everyone! I was released a full version of BloodTC today.
Now BloodTC includes all maps of first episode, which was reconsturted on 100% (or 99% we'll see it at future) Also you can play on second episode, it playable, but those maps haven't effects, sounds and some difficult levels. This release has a lot of changes and fixes, for example, new animation of weapons, new Zombie AI (but it's a stupid yet), some bug fixes, and some more.

New archive is available to download at my site m210.ucoz.ru
after authorization new version of BloodTC will be available on ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodtc

Leave commets please ;)

This post has been edited by M210: 28 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's pretty good so far, I didn't play much of the original blood so I can't comment on it's accuracy. I like the bloom you've included in openGL, it's a nice touch. However I have a few bug reports.

This blood is sticking up in thin air.
Posted Image

I played in the openGL renderers, and the shading is way off. There's too much contrast, and some surfaces are way too dark, often pitch black. It's ugly and frustrating.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm aware that it looks fine in classic, however IMO there's not much point having blood on eduke32 if you can't play in openGL, might as well play the original in dosbox. I think you might be able to tweak the openGL shading with r_shadescale then include a cfg file so it defaults to the correct shading.

BTW, are you thinking of supporting polymer in the future? For example, converting voxels into models, and maybe coding it so some items/objects spawn polymer lights, like torches?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 28 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 28 September 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

For example, converting voxels into models

Don't bother. If we are ever going to support SW we would need conversion code anyway, and I do plan to port the Polymost code.

The shading is indeed off in 32-Bit mode as MickyC says.

Other than that, though, this TC has really come along since the last time I tried it out, very impressed with the work so far, it almost feels like playing Blood for real, there are a few minor differences, but they aren't really anything to complain about.

User is offline   fgsfds 

To be honest, we don't know why it looks like that. Blood is dark game and maps have a lot of surfaces with shade 45 and above. This is how the wall with shade 45 looks in software http://i.imgur.com/T9Xnk.png and opengl http://i.imgur.com/0B0iO.png
Changing brightness\contrast ruins bright walls and sprites.

User is offline   m210® 

It's pretty good so far, I didn't play much of the original blood so I can't comment on it's accuracy. I like the bloom you've included in openGL, it's a nice touch. However I have a few bug reports.

This blood is sticking up in thin air.

Thanks for the report. Btw, this blood spawns by "enemy" type of actors, therefore this is a default Duke3D blood, but I don't know why it sticking up in thin air. Anyway I wrote my own code of wallblood which using Zombie enemies and I'll replace it to Cultists and other at future.

BTW, are you thinking of supporting polymer in the future? For example, converting voxels into models, and maybe coding it so some items/objects spawn polymer lights, like torches?

Yes, I plan to supporting it, but BloodTC often crashes with Polymer (for examle after breaking glass) and therefore I don't use it yet. We'll waiting for a new releases of eDuke32 ;)

About shades I don't know too, as said empy, maybe it happened because we using Blood palette.dat

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

I almost downvoted Micky´s post by all his blasphemies. (insert rage emoticon here)

I will post even when I don´t try the latest version yet.

I'm aware that it looks fine in classic, however IMO there's not much point having blood on eduke32 if you can't play in openGL, might as well play the original in dosbox.

Setting Blood to run on Dosbox is a pain in the ass, and you can´t set higher resolutions than 800x600. Not to mention the mouse aim is screwed up and I never had luck running that mouse fix Swiss once made. So, there´s a lot of sense on playing Blood in Eduke32, even if it´s in software mode.

I played in the openGL renderers, and the shading is way off. There's too much contrast, and some surfaces are way too dark, often pitch black. It's ugly and frustrating.

If the mod looks well in software mode (the mode I believe it has been designed for) then you have the answer to your problem right there. Opengl renderers should match sofware mode´s shading without any additional work from the modder. Also, it has been proved that doing "hacks" to approach it (like including an autoexec.cfg) is a counterproductive because, every now and then, the rules under such things work change (example: Maps done in 2008 specifically for opengl, look wrong now because all parameters have changed).

This post has been edited by Gambini: 29 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

Hello,

Tested it last night (Was tired when I saw the mail about a post), and tested it quickly;

I can switch from Pitchfork to Dynamite with the mouse scrolling (Next weapon), but Next/Previous weapon doesn't work from Dyna to Pitchfork, this on a new game but with copy/pasted over older install.

Also the HD content was disabled but I can't see a prob about this ;)

PS: Played Blood DM with friends last week, haven't noticed any problem with mouse aiming under DOSBox?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't think the r_shadescale scale changed, just the default shadescale (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong), which means it's ok to include something like a .cfg.

I did a bit of research and the main problem is the ambiant light is way off for some reason. When it's set to 1 in classic, the closest seems to be 2.5 in polymost.

Classic 1:
Posted Image

Polymost 2.5:
Posted Image

Hmm, maybe it could still be a shade lighter in polymost (it's a bit dark at the end of the corridor). It also wouldn't hurt to set r_shadescale to 0.95 (but leaving it at 1 isn't too bad)

There's also this transparent brick texture in the menu background when using an openGL renderer, which I'm guessing shouldn't be there (it's not there in classic, or at least it doesn't look like a brick texture). Maybe it's related to the shading problem.

Oh, here's a thought: I've noticed that textures seem to fade to a blue before they go black. Maybe it's worth experimenting with a very slightly blue fogpal? Don't know how to get it working in conjunction with regular pals though.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I can switch from Pitchfork to Dynamite with the mouse scrolling (Next weapon), but Next/Previous weapon doesn't work from Dyna to Pitchfork, this on a new game but with copy/pasted over older install.

I doesn't know about it, thanks ;) I'll fix it

There's also this transparent brick texture in the menu background when using an openGL renderer, which I'm guessing shouldn't be there (it's not there in classic, or at least it doesn't look like a brick texture). Maybe it's related to the shading problem.

It's a texture #0 with pal = 4 (black for duke3d) darkening effect is obtained when switch to menu at Duke3D, but at BloodTC with blood palette, textures with pal = 4 not become black because you can see bricks at menu background, therefore it's not related with game shading

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Some really nice improvements there! I played 3 levels but then suddenly the Carnival map was skipped and I was in E1M5. Don't know what heppened there. But appart from that and the lag I was getting while playing I noticed some small things that could be improved. Of course I haven't checked everything. I was very nitpickky and some things I mentioned in the past but anyway:

- Cultists should get brighter while shooting, it's especially visible when they stand in dark areas.
- Explosions don't affect player position at all, that's really bad.
- Zombie heads dont bounce correctly, they are slow and move only a little.
- Train noise is not looping correctly, as well as the second train's victim screams too slow.
- Crouch after the jump is different from the orginal if there is at all.
- Bats are slighlty over-zealous with chasing the player.
- The dynamite powers-up a bit too slow in the initial stages.
- Before entering the train station there is a decorative body that blocks the player while I believe it should not but maybe it should be checked.
- Monster bodies shouldn't explode! but be pushed by explosions!
- Monsters walk on ledges that they shouldn't .

Sorry for being an ass, I just want to help! ;)

User is offline   m210® 

Some really nice improvements there! I played 3 levels but then suddenly the Carnival map was skipped and I was in E1M5.

I know about this bug, but I don't know why this happened, because this bug appears very rarely...I want to kill this bug too xD

- Explosions don't affect player position at all, that's really bad.

It's a verry verry verry verry verry hard to make. You can see on my last attempt here

Some other points from your list also will be difficult to make, but I'll try ;)

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

It's not perfect but it's a good start and better than nothing. You already made things that seemed impossible so I believe in you ;)

User is offline   m210® 

- Cultists should get brighter while shooting, it's especially visible when they stand in dark areas.
- Bats are slighlty over-zealous with chasing the player.
- The dynamite powers-up a bit too slow in the initial stages.

Can you check it?

http://m210.duke4.ne..._29.09.2012.rar

Edit:
Some else fixes and

I can switch from Pitchfork to Dynamite with the mouse scrolling (Next weapon), but Next/Previous weapon doesn't work from Dyna to Pitchfork

It's fixed too

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Ok, I checked 3 times. First in your mod then in the original game. With the dynamite you need to increase the height of the parbola. It should fly higher when thrown. The cultist now lights the enviroment around him which doesn't happen in the real game. It's the sprite that has to be lit. I dont believe you can't change shade of the sprite while shooting ;)

Oh, and more more thing with the zombie. It should move slightly faster and have increased melee attack range. Also the game is too easy, much easier than it should be.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 29 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I dont believe you can't change shade of the sprite while shooting

It just a "flash" con-command and of course, while shooting, cultist changes shade to -128

It should move slightly faster and have increased melee attack range

Zombie's damage is 10hp in skills level 1, 15 in skills level 2, 18 - in s3, 21 - s4, 26 -s5
This is the data from the original

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

You know what's the difference between "range" and "damage"?;)

And the shade change for cultists is invisible it maybe that it affects too few frames.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 29 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

User is offline   m210® 

ok, maybe not, my native language - Russian ;)
I wrote my thoughts as I think it on Russian

This post has been edited by M210: 29 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Английский также не является моим родным языком. So stop bitching ;)

User is online   zykov eddy 

Ура! Межнациональ ное недопонимани e!

Played the last version. Pretty cool! It's amazing how close it looks to the original blood.

One thing bothers me - the hand in the cage (Carnival level) should be running around in a circle. I think it's important, makes it look funny

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 29 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

New release dated of 15 October, you can grab it through his website or ModDB :D

Changelog is quite short, fixes and... Polymer support :D

http://www.moddb.com...loodtc-15102012

Edit:

View Postfgsfds, on 06 February 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

Music packs:
http://www.mediafire.../?mopifia37tl3k

m_cd.zip - Original CD Audio
m_orchestra.zip - Rearrangements from noderus.de and main menu theme by Neurological
m_roland.zip - Roland SC-55 from here sc55.duke4.net

Just put it into autoload folder.

-> Also dead link; If someone could re-upload it or ask fgfds?

This post has been edited by Mateos: 17 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

15.10 also includes 4 (almost) playable maps from episode 2 and dozen of fixes for ep 1 maps.

Here's the links. Put hrp and one of the music packs in bloodtc\autoload.

HRP

Rearrangements
CD music
Roland SC-55

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 17 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options