Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   Tetsuo 

The reason why I ask is because you seem to include your own .exe and it would be nice to have a separate bloodtc folder in the library folder rather than sharing with eduke32 which I would like to keep configured for just Duke3D.

User is offline   Mateos 

You may also have a separated folder dedicated to this TC, just copy duke3d.grp and it will run (plus your config files if you wish) :lol: (I guess EDuke32 is still included in the download)

User is offline   Cage 

Whoah, last I've seen your TC you were implementing the weapons - great progress. Few questions/nitpicks/ideas (As for the graphical bugs - I'm running a GeForce 9600 GT)

• It seems that most of straight ROR areas render as HOM to me. Is ROR not implemented properly yet, or is it something on my end? Transparent water areas work fine, no problems on E1M1 for example.
  • Is the mod made for the 32-bit mode, or the launcher defaults 32-bit mode for eyecandy? Software mode is unplayable to me, seems there are sudden lag spikes - pretty severe, sometimes the game slows to a crawl, sometimes it even stops refreshing totally (the sound works fine). Seems to happen on screen flashes (item pickups, damage etc.), not sure about any other cases.
  • Software mode again - display bugs. Seems that random message characters and hud numbers shift around, parts of the gun are offset (napalm launcher's glowing bits for example)
  • Is it just me, or the axe zombie seems to be too small scale wise?
  • I've managed to "clone" the life-leech-staff "turret-sentry" once - I've placed it on the ground, and pushed it with shotgun fire. After one of the shots, another turret recoiled off in another direction.
  • I'm not sure, but I think you couldn't damage the fallen (but not fully dead) axe zombie corpses in the original Blood
  • Do you plan on adding (if it's possible at all!) non linear speed to moving stuff like doors? It seemed to me that most of the doors in Blood accelerate when opened and go to a smooth stop - while a distinct feature, I think it's one of those that make Blood "feel different" from other build titles.
  • Crawling cultist don't work, I guess they're just not implemented yet :lol:

Nothing else to say, it's really spot on, I especially LOVE the physics which are recreated pretty excellent! Only thing that exposes it as a Duke mod are the menus, underwater sound behavior and that the player view/camera behaves a little bit differently (Guess there's nothing to do about that). Either way, couldn't resist playing some the levels and it really feels like home.

Question for Eduke developers: is it possible to implement the engine-generated effect texture? The one used for furnace flames in Blood and water in Lameduke?

User is online   Mark 

I'm running a 9800 GTX+ and haven't noticed any HOM in Polymost or Polymer mode. Where in the maps are you getting your problem?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

HOM isn't the only issue with TROR (which I believe the mod uses) in polymost, so I don't recommend people play this with polymost. Although the TROR should be fine in classic. Anyway, now that polymer has the new shade tables shading system, there's no reason not to use polymer; it will have zero glitches with TROR, and the levels aren't massively big or detailed so it should run at a decent framerate, especially if you disable polymer lights in the console.

User is online   Mark 

I was running around the first 2 maps in Polymer, Polymost and software. All 3 modes seemed fine to me. The only minor thing I noticed was a small and short-lived slowdown when picking up an item in software mode. Otherwise its good on my end.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Lunick would you give me the console command to disable polymer lights?

EDIT: Been playing and it's great so far. One question, why do all of your weapons dissapear if you die and then type dnkroz?

This post has been edited by DavoX: 06 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Thanks for the reports.

It seems that most of straight ROR areas render as HOM to me. Is ROR not implemented properly yet, or is it something on my end? Transparent water areas work fine, no problems on E1M1 for example.
I've noticed about ror-glitches in polymost, but there's no need to use it anymore. Never saw any major glitches in software and polymer.

Is the mod made for the 32-bit mode, or the launcher defaults 32-bit mode for eyecandy? Software mode is unplayable to me, seems there are sudden lag spikes - pretty severe, sometimes the game slows to a crawl, sometimes it even stops refreshing totally (the sound works fine). Seems to happen on screen flashes (item pickups, damage etc.), not sure about any other cases.
Originally, it was made for software. Since new shade table was implemented in polymer, it's pretty good too. I have some small fps drop when picking up items or underwater, but not that much. I'll check this out.

Software mode again - display bugs. Seems that random message characters and hud numbers shift around, parts of the gun are offset (napalm launcher's glowing bits for example)
It was reported several times, but not me or m210 could reproduce it. I thought it was fixed.

I'm not sure, but I think you couldn't damage the fallen (but not fully dead) axe zombie corpses in the original Blood
In CM you can't either. But unlike original Blood, fallen Zombie reacts on shoots.

Do you plan on adding (if it's possible at all!) non linear speed to moving stuff like doors? It seemed to me that most of the doors in Blood accelerate when opened and go to a smooth stop - while a distinct feature, I think it's one of those that make Blood "feel different" from other build titles.
Always loved how elevator works in blood, slowing down until it stops. If it's possible, it will be added.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 06 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

User is offline   m210® 

One question, why do all of your weapons dissapear if you die and then type dnkroz?

After player die, I set variables of dynamits. But other weapons remains the player.

Just a question, is there a reason for the enemies to be flipped in the x axis?

Look at picture at attached. There are tiles of Zombie from original Blood and Liztroop from Duke3D.
As you can see, Zombie turn face to right and Liztroop turn face to left, therefore If using tiles without flipped in the x axis, zombie in eduke32 will move "backwards"

Software mode again - display bugs. Seems that random message characters and hud numbers shift around, parts of the gun are offset (napalm launcher's glowing bits for example)

I had some problems when I set display resolution in game and continue playing without restart eduke32

Do you plan on adding (if it's possible at all!) non linear speed to moving stuff like doors?

I would like to do this, but I haven't a suitable formula for this. May be I need help with this tweak.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Example.jpg

This post has been edited by M210: 06 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Crawling cultist don't work, I guess they're just not implemented yet

It works, but with a probability of 50 when hit to cultist

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostM210, on 06 June 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Look at picture at attached. There are tiles of Zombie from original Blood and Liztroop from Duke3D.
As you can see, Zombie turn face to right and Liztroop turn face to left, therefore If using tiles without flipped in the x axis, zombie in eduke32 will move "backwards"

Interesting. Since Blood is a Build game, I believe that function should be extended for Eduke32. It could work with a value of -5 in the action command 4th value.

User is offline   m210® 

I tried it. Doesn't works for this

User is offline   m210® 

I have an idea to make enemies which will actually move backwards, then the animation should be correct

User is offline   Diaz 

Ah yeah, same thing with the Cultists I ripped for Fusion. I didn't flip the front and back view tiles though, because it's not very noticeable in that particular enemy...

This post has been edited by Diaz: 07 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View Postfgsfds, on 06 June 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostTetsuo, on 06 June 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Any chance for a Mac version?

You can install the latest compiled eduke32 build from here http://www.spam-filt...eduke32_on_os_x and you should be able to run any eduke32 mods. Not sure where you should put bloodtc folder on osx.

Yes, and as Mateos suggested, a sensible way to install mods on Unix-like OSes is to keep each in a separate directory. As described on rhonie's page, the -usecwd command line arg can be used for that (unlike rhonie, I wouldn't pass "-j$HOME/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/").

So, what I usually do is to unpack each mod in a separate directory, create a symlink to DUKE3D.GRP if necessary, copy eduke32.cfg and settings.cfg and create a bash script that runs EDuke32 with the command line arguments suggested by the mod authors, plus -usecwd.

View PostDavoX, on 06 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Lunick would you give me the console command to disable polymer lights?

It's listed on the wiki.

View PostM210, on 06 June 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Look at picture at attached. There are tiles of Zombie from original Blood and Liztroop from Duke3D.As you can see, Zombie turn face to right and Liztroop turn face to left, therefore If using tiles without flipped in the x axis, zombie in eduke32 will move "backwards"

View PostFox, on 06 June 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Interesting. Since Blood is a Build game, I believe that function should be extended for Eduke32. It could work with a value of -5 in the action command 4th value.

It is now possible to pass -5 or -7 as viewtype values to an action definition.

User is offline   m210® 

It is now possible to pass -5 or -7 as viewtype values to an action definition.

Is I right understood you, to use "action AZOMBIEWALK1 0 4 5 1 10" for normal duke animation and
"action AZOMBIEWALK1 0 4 -5 1 10" for flipped animation?
I can't use blood arts without flipped yet, because animation become broken after this

Oh, I understood now. It works with action AZOMBIEWALK1 20 4 -5 1 10
Helixhorned, Thanks to you. Now I can remake all of enemies animation without jerks from broken offset's! :lol:

This post has been edited by M210: 07 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

User is offline   blizzart 

Great release, I haven´t played Blood for ages. I will have a look tonight.

BTW, I can´t open the link in your signature, because my Avast antivirus scanner blocks this site because of an infected Javascript file.

User is offline   m210® 

Helixhorned, Do you know, why polymer doesn't have a texture filters? It's like software render at all.

User is offline   m210® 

BTW, I can´t open the link in your signature, because my Avast antivirus scanner blocks this site because of an infected Javascript file.

I thinks because ucoz.ru host is sucks. I plan to make a new site on duke4.net without advertisement at future :lol:

This post has been edited by M210: 07 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

User is offline   Diaz 

I love you Helix. :lol:

Now I will fix my cultist sprites too :lol:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostM210, on 07 June 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Helixhorned, Do you know, why polymer doesn't have a texture filters? It's like software render at all.

In classic mode when polymer uses the shade tables, regular texture filtering causes very ugly colours to appear, so first plagman has to figure out how to stop those colours from appearing before it can be re-enabled (or else there'll be dozens of noobs coming to the forums to complain about it in new threads).

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks for information. Now I know what answer to people about it :lol:

User is offline   Diaz 

Whoooops, it looks like setting viewtype to -5 also makes actions play backwards. Is that intentional?

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDiaz, on 07 June 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Whoooops, it looks like setting viewtype to -5 also makes actions play backwards. Is that intentional?

No, that's unintentional and should not be relied on. If I'm not mistaken, animated actions and multiple-angle-view sprites are mutually exclusive. So, you're just mentioning it as a curiosity, not a bug report, right?

User is offline   Diaz 

Well it could be interpreted a bug, because just changing the viewtype from 5 to -5 makes the action not display the frames it's suppossed to (they're not mutually exclusive, you usually have walking, etc. animations with viewtype 5). I could just change the first value in each action, anyways (though some animations like shooting would have to be modified in the def/art).

This post has been edited by Diaz: 07 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostM210, on 07 June 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

I thinks because ucoz.ru host is sucks. I plan to make a new site on duke4.net without advertisement at future :lol:

That's very welcome because the hosting at Duke4.net is infinitely better than any of the ad-ridden, so-called "free" hosting sites.

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDiaz, on 07 June 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Well it could be interpreted a bug, because just changing the viewtype from 5 to -5 makes the action not display the frames it's suppossed to (they're not mutually exclusive, you usually have walking, etc. animations with viewtype 5).

Oh, I see now, it's a bug! Should be fixed in r3863. Could you report success/failure when it builds? Thx.

User is offline   Diaz 

It is fixed now. This should greatly help BloodTC, as it did for me. Thanks a lot!

Some additional notes :
1) Bazooka (or how is named) damage is all wrong with Gargoyles, they requires like 5 shots, while they go down with only 4 sawed-off shots.
2) Fuse for dynamite altfire is just too long.

User is offline   m210® 

Hi guys! I completed transfer my site to duke4.net host. All my release and news I will post on m210.duke4.net.
I'll be glad to see comments about it. Enjoy :lol:

Headless_Horseman_Rebirth , Thanks for you post. It will be fix

This post has been edited by M210: 14 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options