Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210 

#511

View PostTrooper Tom, on 10 April 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Man this is beyond any degree of awesomness!

Thanks, I'm trying <_<
I have great success in the creation of simple effects and their interactions for more complex effects, but I have a lot of problems in the creation of AI. But I hope I can do it in future. I'm made a vector moving objects with inertial turning and now I must calculate a some vectors with obstacles and turn enemy moving-vector around this.

This post has been edited by M210: 10 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

0

#512

Just ask if you need help okay? Lot's of people are willing to help.
0

User is offline   m210 

#513

Yes, I need some help...It would be good to help me with make AI <_<
0

#514

Can you pm me the code you have for ai? My ai coding is very different from the ai used in the main game.
0

User is offline   m210 

#515

Ok, I sent you pm <_<
0

User is offline   Zaero 

#516

M210 I think I should boost your efforts by providing some support.
Well I simply love the idea of so much needed Blood TC and I hope you'll finish it. Thank you so much for the job done already and please do not stop it.

I would like to share some ideas with you: http://forums.duke4....s-for-blood-tc/
0

User is offline   Mateos 

#517

A good addition when BloodTC will be complete <_< Hope you'll find volunteers, skills you need are all here, on these forums :huh:
0

User is offline   m210 

#518

I haven't finished the original effects yet, so I doing efforts on them. But when I finish BloodTC, maybe I could do something like that from your post <_<
Btw, Cryptic Passage episode and Post Mortem I plan to add, but I'll do this, when episodes of original will be done.

This post has been edited by M210: 14 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

0

#519

View PostM210, on 14 April 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

I haven't finished the original effects yet, so I doing efforts on them. But when I finish BloodTC, maybe I could do something like that from your post :)
Btw, Cryptic Passage episode and Post Mortem I plan to add, but I'll do this, when episodes of original will be done.


Yeah just focus on one project for the time being, i remember you are working on this for quite some time ( 2007 or 2008 i believe ).
What kind of help do you need, i am ready to volunteer but i need to know with what tasks you need help.
I do like to help in some way.
Anyways i wish you good luck, i do not log in to these forums very often, but i do read them almost daily, so if you reply i will respond back as quickly as i can.
0

User is offline   Mateos 

#520

Subscribe to this thread in order to get a mail when a post is made, or M210 can send you a PM with details and then you should receive one as well, if you haven't manually disabled this feature in your panel :) This if you check more often your mail box ;)
0

#521

View PostMateos, on 16 April 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Subscribe to this thread in order to get a mail when a post is made, or M210 can send you a PM with details and then you should receive one as well, if you haven't manually disabled this feature in your panel :) This if you check more often your mail box ;)


Well this account is connected to my old email account that receives over some 100 emails a day, most of these are spam, like those from a condom factory.
It's handy when i am in need of safety, but i don't need a seatbelt at the time because my gf is on holidays.
Anyways back on topic, you can also pm me about it m210, i'll see when i get a reply.
0

User is offline   m210 

#522

themaniacboy , I need help with maps reconstruction at first.
Empy and I working on first episode (also Empy started reconstruction a first maps of second episode) therefore I can start to remake last maps of second episode or third ep.

I give you last BloodTC with maps of second and third eps and I will need to told you how to works some effects... I hope I can got it :)

You can get a requests for me if objects of map or some effects of original Blood can't make in BloodTC without con-codes
0

#523

View PostM210, on 16 April 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

themaniacboy , I need help with maps reconstruction at first.
Empy and I working on first episode (also Empy started reconstruction a first maps of second episode) therefore I can start to remake last maps of second episode or third ep.

I give you last BloodTC with maps of second and third eps and I will need to told you how to works some effects... I hope I can got it :)

You can get a requests for me if objects of map or some effects of original Blood can't make in BloodTC without con-codes


I am sorry but i can't help you on that department, i don't know anything about mapping in mapster, shame on me yes.
Any other tasks that are maybe a lower priority ?
I hope i am of use somehow.
0

User is offline   m210 

#524

Hm...and what about a con coding?
0

#525

View PostM210, on 16 April 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Hm...and what about a con coding?


I don't know that too, is it hard to learn ?
Otherwise give me something that is a low priority
0

User is offline   blackhatred 

  • Dumbfuck Wannabe

#526

It seems that the only thing you can actually do is playing the game. Apart from that you're useless.
-2

User is online   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#527

If you want to help I suggest you pick up mapping, the infosuite makes learning to map very easy: http://infosuite.duke4.net/
Even if you're not ultimately going to contribute to this project you might end up making some good regular duke maps.
0

User is offline   Mateos 

#528

Ah, the link reminds me when I tried to learn mapping... The first shortcut always made my mapster32 to crash xD I will try it again someday. I play this game for enough years to get there :/
0

User is offline   m210 

#529

View Postthemaniacboy, on 18 April 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

I don't know that too, is it hard to learn ?

I need help with hard difficult effects via con, therefore - yes, it would be hard to learn :)
So, you can find a bugs on TC ;) And suggestions of what needs to be fixed in the first.
Also you can find discrepancies with the original....and that's all I think.
0

User is offline   m210 

#530

I made option for any sprite on map, which makes sprites breakable.
Now I can set any quantity of sparks, any types of sparks and any sounds after break.

Also this option can break sprites through a trigger. For example you open the door and sprite is breaking


2

#531

View PostMicky C, on 18 April 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

If you want to help I suggest you pick up mapping, the infosuite makes learning to map very easy: http://infosuite.duke4.net/
Even if you're not ultimately going to contribute to this project you might end up making some good regular duke maps.


Thanks, i am going to follow your advice.

View PostM210, on 18 April 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I need help with hard difficult effects via con, therefore - yes, it would be hard to learn :)
So, you can find a bugs on TC ;) And suggestions of what needs to be fixed in the first.
Also you can find discrepancies with the original....and that's all I think.


I do have the original and can play it, so yes i can playtest, so i do think i am pretty useless besides playing the game.
But if that's something i can do i will, i'll playtest it.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 18 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

0

User is offline   Gambini 

#532

View PostM210, on 18 April 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I made option for any sprite on map, which makes sprites breakable.
Now I can set any quantity of sparks, any types of sparks and any sounds after break.

Also this option can break sprites through a trigger. For example you open the door and sprite is breaking




Cool but... should not you focus on porting already existing stuff first?
1

User is offline   m210 

#533

This stuff exists in the original, so I did it.
Remember the beginning of E1M3 or E2M2 in the meat grinder, also I can make breakable decoration on E1M5 (secret place) (statnum 12 doesn't works true)
0

User is offline   Diaz 

#534

Yeah, "Gib Object" is a very common and useful actor type in the original Blood. Great work so far :)
0

User is offline   m210 

#535

Hi again! :) I made a new release of BloodTC. I think a maps from first episode have became more interesting ;)
http://m210.ucoz.ru/

And, let's find some bugs, guys :)

This post has been edited by M210: 20 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

2

User is offline   fgsfds 

#536

Also check out a bunch of new screenshots.
http://imgur.com/a/O0D2G
0

User is offline   Mateos 

#537

The first level... skybox? On the shots you have on Imgur o.o

Edit:
Played it and it is fine... Looks strange though on your screens. And I still have random freezes, I did not say it already, but it's quite annoying to play it :/

Edit 2:
I feel screens you posted and what I downloaded and installed are really different, maybe because it loads the BloodTC subfolder... I have like a limited sight, everything is very dark after 5 meters from the player.

Edit 3:
When you load the first level, everything happen at once: level start, Caleb voice, grave opening. In Blood, there's the spawn, a little while after the grave opens and just after Caleb speaks.

Edit 4:
Seems the light switch of first level corridor doesn't work :/

Edit 5:
Levitating objects, and rats can exit the hotel even if it is still closed.

Edit 5:
When you drop a dynamite (Special attack), it keeps the same aspect: it looks very big and like seen of between 0 and 45°.

Edit 6:
Just died by opening the double-door after garden... I had Forward pressed, got squitched and screen is white.

This post has been edited by Mateos: 20 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

0

User is offline   fgsfds 

#538

It seems you play it in polymer\polymost. It's really too dark in opengl renderers. Try to increase ambient light level in video setup menu.
Polymer\polymost also have big problems with performance so just play it in software mode for now.

This post has been edited by empy: 20 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

0

#539

View PostM210, on 20 April 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

Hi again! :) I made a new release of BloodTC. I think a maps from first episode have became more interesting ;)
http://m210.ucoz.ru/

And, let's find some bugs, guys :)


Is this the same version you send me ?
I found quite some bugs and differences to the original Blood, nothing really major though.
0

User is offline   Zaero 

#540

View Postempy, on 20 April 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

It seems you play it in polymer\polymost. It's really too dark in opengl renderers. Try to increase ambient light level in video setup menu.
Polymer\polymost also have big problems with performance so just play it in software mode for now.


I tried the adjustments but they seem to not work. The best I could do was A LOT darker than orginal Blood anyway. Previous versions were ok.
0

Share this topic:


  • 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options