• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostM210, on 27 July 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Ok, I posted it, but i think it's not helps. You can write AI for your monster to eduke32, which will gradually unfold in contact with the wall or with sprites. This is all I need at the moment

Actually, I have no confidence that you would know how to add code that I wrote to your own code. One reason: You didn't do what I requested. What you posted is clearly not all of the code, since it doesn't even include the actor declaration. What you posted there wouldn't even compile. It starts with an ai definition, then what immediately follows is code that belongs in an actor or a state, but there is no actor or state declared until further down...

User is offline   m210® 

yes, it's not a fully code, just a part of it... and this code I written last week without changes.

Actually, I have no confidence that you would know how to add code that I wrote to your own code

When I learned to coding, I constantly had to deal as someone else's code works, therefore it's not difficult for me :(

So, for every enemy I made a separate file, I can attach con-file with zombie code. Look at this code

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by M210: 28 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I made a direct comparison of your zombie and the real one and here are some comments why it looks bad apart from possible enigine interpolation difference.

- your zombie attacks from much longer range, the real one comes really close before making an attack. Also the atack should push the player backward. And your attack (witch pitchfork for example) should push the zombie backward.
- while attacking or dying the animation is broken, the real zombie never takes his legs of the ground while attacking and yours is making sort of jumpy movement which looks bad, and the same is with dying. I suspect this may have something to do with changing sprite dimentions?
- your zombie falls down too easily even after one hit of a pitchfork ( in real game this behaviour varies depending on diffuculty level but usually it rarely falls down if hit by something other than shotgun or explosion).
- when they die they slide on the ground as if it was made of ice and even obstacles dont slow them down, it's really too exaggerated.
- their bodies should be indestructible as in real game with random state when the head being ripped of.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 28 July 2011 - 02:07 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, thanks for you post, I'll try to correct it :(

View PostSpiker, on 28 July 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Also the atack should push the player backward.

I think this is impossible or very-very hard to make without lags

This post has been edited by M210: 28 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I don't see how a slight change of player cooridnates could cause any lag.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 28 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

User is offline   m210® 

player may be outside of map and for example during the change of coordinates is almost uncontrollable player

User is offline   Jblade 

all you need to do is change the player's velocity if he gets hit by a weapon, it's really easy to do.

User is offline   m210® 

I tried this, it's doesn't works. May be have you example of this code?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It sounds like Spiker gave you some good tips on the zombie, so I will wait until you try fixing that stuff before I do anything with it.

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, you right. I'll send you PM, when I'll make some changes

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSpiker, on 28 July 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

I made a direct comparison of your zombie and the real one and here are some comments why it looks bad apart from possible enigine interpolation difference.

- your zombie attacks from much longer range, the real one comes really close before making an attack. Also the atack should push the player backward. And your attack (witch pitchfork for example) should push the zombie backward.
- while attacking or dying the animation is broken, the real zombie never takes his legs of the ground while attacking and yours is making sort of jumpy movement which looks bad, and the same is with dying. I suspect this may have something to do with changing sprite dimentions?
- your zombie falls down too easily even after one hit of a pitchfork ( in real game this behaviour varies depending on diffuculty level but usually it rarely falls down if hit by something other than shotgun or explosion).
- when they die they slide on the ground as if it was made of ice and even obstacles dont slow them down, it's really too exaggerated.
- their bodies should be indestructible as in real game with random state when the head being ripped of.

I tried correct animation of zombie. Is it better?
Is need to correct something else?

http://m210.duke4.ne..._30.07.2011.rar

User is offline   Root 9 

Hi!
It has been a long time since I contributed, but I decided to do that demon (aka tile 5346) (entirely in photoshop):

Posted ImagePosted Image

What do you guys think about it? :)

User is offline   Tetsuo 

That's some good progres right there. The edges could use some work they could be cleaned up some more and made smoother and it could use a bit more definition to it but it's an improvement.

User is offline   Root 9 

View PostTetsuo, on 26 August 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

That's some good progres right there. The edges could use some work they could be cleaned up some more and made smoother and it could use a bit more definition to it but it's an improvement.

Ah, of course.. I didn't notice about the edges in photoshop, I'll correct that right away!
But what do you mean by definition? Does the whole pic need more definition or what areas?
Thanks for your feedback!

User is offline   Root 9 

Second version:
Posted Image

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Well the horns have good detail but the rest of the image could use more especially in the eye area. The edges look better now though especially with the flux around them gone. :)

User is offline   Mark 

The eyes and ears are a little soft compared to the rest, but I wouldn't have a problem leaving it as-is. It's the best version I have seen so far. Also it may look slightly different in the game as opposed to pasted in the forum here. That would be the final test. Good work.

This post has been edited by Marked: 27 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Root 9 

Made some changes again :)

Posted Image

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I really like that new mouth and details it's certainly a step up from before and is very good progress. I really like you did the teeth they look fierce but not overly done and fit the style pretty well. I like how it actually looks like it has teeth now rather than before when it looked like it had just mouthful of cavities.
The only questionable thing left is the ears although I'm not sure what you could do about those except maybe apply a bit more texture to them like you did to the face. Great job!

I'd be happy to see that in-game if it was amongst other high res pack updates.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 27 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

User is offline   Root 9 

Here is what it looks in-game (note: there's no normal map made yet):

Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Why would you need normal maps though? it's not meant to be HD or anything, the objective is to get the feeling of the original game.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Then why make it high res at all then? If all you want to do is get the feeling of the original game just using the original assets would suffice. A Blood TC Polymer HRP is a good goal to work towards in my opinion. HRP's are also totally optional.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 28 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

User is offline   Root 9 

View PostTetsuo, on 28 August 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

Then why make it high res at all then? If all you want to do is get the feeling of the original game just using the original assets would suffice. A Blood TC Polymer HRP is a good goal to work towards in my opinion. HRP's are also totally optional.

I totally agree.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm not against an HRP, I just thought this was a direct port of blood for Eduke32, maybe I need to read the original posts :(

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostDavoX, on 29 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

I'm not against an HRP, I just thought this was a direct port of blood for Eduke32, maybe I need to read the original posts :(

Look for Cradle to Grave mod for a Blood TC:
http://www.moddb.com...cradle-to-grave

User is offline   Tetsuo 

View PostDavoX, on 29 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

No reason why it can't be a direct port and have a HRP as well. I mean look at Duke3D in eDuke32... that's what that basically is. If you want to play it as a direct port just don't load up the HRP.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 29 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Mark 

This BloodTC started out as just a port to Eduke. Then a little later on, myself and others started making HRP content including normal maps for textures and some models. Lately though it seems that M210 has gone back to just the original resources and is working more on getting everything running good first. I assume then he will go back to including all the existing and new HRP stuff. That is my take on it.

User is offline   m210® 

Hi all! I don't work on BloodTC about 2 month, and now I want continue my work. There is fixed animation of zombie which told Spiker and now I need to make true AI for it - smooth turning around wall and sprite objects, but I don't know how can I do that, may be somebody help me with this AI features?

This post has been edited by M210: 21 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

User is offline   Root 9 

Hi all, is this thread still alive? :)

User is offline   m210® 

Hi! May be - yes, but I'll can say this exactly after 10 Jan 2012 :)

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options