Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   NY00123 

As I said outside of these forums, congratulations on the upcoming release. I know that it already kinda happened with the preview campaign back on Feb 2018, but I do think that this is a very important milestone.

(Un)Fortunately, the journey hasn't ended, yet. :dukecigar: We'll see how is this going to progress.

On a side-note, great to see you making a visit, PhReAkINDEE (LGR)! I might not communicate in forums a lot, but this is still a thing.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostxMobilemux, on 15 August 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

I'm guessing they're gonna patch in Shelly's "Personal Missile System" weapon once a month.

I wouln't have a problem with introducing a power weapon (or just the crossbow reworked into a power weapon) after launch. This is a Build game, maybe an old school style expansion episode is possible and we all know how Blood retroactively changed the weapon balance and introduced new firing modes even for the main campaign, not just Post Mortem.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostNightFright, on 15 August 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

Rocket launchers are NOT for pussies.

Since Shelly already has one of those, I guess you're right. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Power armor is for pussies though so bring that on! :dukecigar:

GOG is still showing Ion Fury as In Dev.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

It's Civvie!

User is offline   Mark 

View PostDavoX, on 15 August 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Thank you all for the kind words. It wouldn't have been possible without the 3DR forums, Duke4.net , AMC forums, etc... so many great people keeping this engine alive. I hope we can return some of that to all of you with the game.

I'll send you my Paypal address. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Newken 

itshappening.gif

Congrats and good luck! :dukecigar:

Has Ion Fury been updated on GOG yet?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostZaxx, on 15 August 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

It's Civvie!

Dangit I can't finish the video past the spoiler tags until I play through it myself...to be continued, Civvie...

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a full installer on the 3DR website. Download NAOU!

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Taking my time and poking at every thing

interesting that if let go on its own accord, the comic-book intro plays twice before the menu comes up

going around drink sodas, or whatever & I can get over 100hp, but if I use the chip vending machine it reduces my hp back down to 100

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Ok I downloaded it... no editor? :’(

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 August 2019 - 06:19 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

http://voidpoint.com...tor_20190815.7z

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

http://voidpoint.com...tor_20190815.7z

make sure to change the settings for testing from eduke32.exe to fury.exe

drop in the game folder

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I'm wondering about some lack of ammunition comments from a reviewer - I'm playing at the third difficulty level (don't know if supplies have a level tag on them or not) I'm finding pistol ammo and health kits everywhere (and the machinegun), and i've barely looked in four rooms.

• The Sarien Encounter

Is it getting Steam Workshop features eventually with a bundled Mapster?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yeah lets not talk about that guy.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's extremely likely that those reviewers didn't play the game that much, thinking that this is yet another typical pseudo oldschool shooter. Also could be that they don't aim for the head, thinking this game has no headshots.

Also, kudos to you guys for the size of the game. I didn't expect it to be heavy on release, but still would like to point that out. Another proof that this is not some yet another garbage pretending to be oldschool retro shooter. I don't think I saw other ambitious "retro" games caring about such things and it's very pleasing to see. Reminds me of days when I with my friend were making amateur simple games. Even Sonic Mania is bigger (the size of it is 200MB).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 August 2019 - 06:36 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, I'm being showered in ammo on ultra viscera too. :dukecigar: Gman is just not good at general exploration, he's rushing through stuff all the damn time.

• The Sarien Encounter

Crap. IF's Mapster has the same problem as the newer EDuke32 Mapster builds and doesn't allow me to run it on my non-OpenGL Win10 laptop. :dukecigar:

User is offline   MetHy 

It literally is the same mapster32, yeah

BTW have fun everyone!

• The Sarien Encounter

Am I correct in assuming that the older Mapster builds that don't have this problem won't work with Ion Fury?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

They should, but mousebits function in m32 scripts wont likely load, you will want to comment those.
Also texture rotation bit only exists after a certain revision.

Strange that it doesn't work on your laptop as I've had success on mine, had problems at one point before it was fixed.

What laptop is it and are the drivers up to date ?

Game is still not up on GOG yet.

What's the holdup?

• The Sarien Encounter

Out of their hands. It's GOG dragging their feet.

View Postoasiz, on 15 August 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

They should, but mousebits function in m32 scripts wont likely load, you will want to comment those.
Also texture rotation bit only exists after a certain revision.

Strange that it doesn't work on your laptop as I've had success on mine, had problems at one point before it was fixed.

What laptop is it and are the drivers up to date ?

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad T420i. It has Win10 loaded on it but the chipset doesn't have any legit Win10 drivers because they were too lazy to make any. At least not for OpenGL. I've looked into this a couple years ago extensively. Drivers simply do not exist. I brought this up in the bugs subforum and someone (TX?) said something about it making calls or something through OpenGL even if you pick software rendering mode and that it should be changed, but it hasn't yet. Here's the thread.

EDIT: Oh, it was actually you that replied lol:

I believe software blits using GL nowdays as it speeds up a LOT despite doing everything still in CPU otherwise.
There still should be a fallback for this when this fails.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 August 2019 - 07:04 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostMblackwell, on 11 August 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

[...]
GOG rips the entire package open and repacks everything with their own configurations, installers, etc and sometimes mess it up (yay).
They upload it when they feel like.
[...]

@ Master O
Maybe because of that?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 August 2019 - 07:01 AM

User is offline   t800 

Here we go. Finally. Been out of touch from forum for long time, just lurking around but now, I have to say - Congratulations and hats off to you!
Finally, retro FPS that understands what 90s games made tick and not just wear its skin on superficially in exxagarated way. :dukecigar:
Just wondering, when can we look forward to MacOS and Linux versions?

This post has been edited by t800: 15 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Congrats to voidpoint for releasing on schedule (15:29 for me...).

Some questions:

- what is gamestate.bin for? A third configuration file? :dukecigar:
- how do I compile fury.exe? The parameter POLYMER=0 is obvious, but otherwise?
- is there a CON equivalent to the grpinfo entry "flags 128"? I've tried "definegametype 128" but that results in a compile error.

fury.log:
Loading "fury.def"
........Error: file "/3dr_480.png" does not exist

Cause: leading slash in content.def line 6. I wonder if the "/palette/*" entries work as expected despite no error/warning messages.

[EDIT] mapster32.log:
Including: scripts/names.con
Warning: Truncating name "A_NUKEMUTANT_GDF_DEADHEAD" to 24 characters on line scripts/names.con:369

[EDIT2] mapster32.log:
Loading "fury.def"
Loading module "editor.def"

-> Line 2 in editor.def ("include fury.def") lets the whole DEF structure be loaded a second time. So it can be removed. (Newlines messed up in editor.def, btw.)

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 August 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Out of their hands. It's GOG dragging their feet.

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad T420i. It has Win10 loaded on it but the chipset doesn't have any legit Win10 drivers because they were too lazy to make any. At least not for OpenGL. I've looked into this a couple years ago extensively. Drivers simply do not exist. I brought this up in the bugs subforum and someone (TX?) said something about it making calls or something through OpenGL even if you pick software rendering mode and that it should be changed, but it hasn't yet. Here's the thread.

EDIT: Oh, it was actually you that replied lol:

Oh yeah, that unlucky one... Really sucks since I used to have an even shittier laptop and I had no issues, darn win10.
You could maybe dualboot linux or something?
Have you tried something like dxwnd and piping the software through that ?

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options