• 137 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I just got an email containing this:

"[...] After the release of Ion Fury’s expansion pack, Aftershock, we have received messages from some of you that you would like to purchase the game and continue Shelly’s adventure against Dr. Heskel! Since the 3D Realms store is not compatible anymore for distributing any of our titles, we have decided to offer a free Steam or GOG code to each one of you who purchased Ion Fury through our online store. This way, you can unlock the game on either Steam or GOG and purchase Ion Fury: Aftershock through these stores. In addition to the free key, we have decided to offer you a free copy of the 'Making of Ion Fury' Artbook."

Unfortunately, I had already purchased Aftershock on GOG quite a while ago. Nevertheless I appreciate the gesture, plus the artbook surely is a nice bonus. Great that 3DR store purchasers haven't been forgotten after all!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

These are legitimate and done since the 3DR store doesn't sell Aftershock and didn't offer a path that didn't require players to re-buy the base game (gog/steam do not offer dlc-only).

I can only assume the site will be read-only down the line and this is the very least to say "thanks" for supporting us through a platform that many picked specifically to give us bigger cut in the end at the exchange of risks like these.
It just took way too long compared to what is ideal to offer an alternative but it's there now.. This has been a longer struggle/push as it was always supposed to be there during launch.... Anyway.. I'm just glad we have at least some options now.

I can recommend taking up the offer and at least you'll get a free artbook as a bonus if you didn't get one from the big box before, along with a spare key that we assume will be used in good faith.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I've (re)purchased the game + DLC on GOG, so I can only go for the Steam key. There however I don't own the main game so far. Might make sense during a sale (such as the current one), though.

Either way, a highly social gesture. Kudos to everyone involved in the decision, plus the Ion Fury team once more.

Share this topic:

• 137 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options