Duke4.net Forums: Turok Forum - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turok Forum  "New"

I'm sure Turok will make it to those consoles,

about Duke if it is the spin off games like Duke TTK LOB and Zero Hour, I will buy them if it is just duke 3d I will not I got plenty of Duke3D.

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 20 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   leilei 

All I've got Turok-related to share are these two old videos

Turok PC benchmark run on a Pentium II 300MHz w/ Matrox M3D, all hardware available at the time of Turok PC's intitial release.
Spoiler

A Summer 2015 WIP PCem that had just gained 3dfx Voodoo Graphics emulation all on the CPU. (Its speed has been improved very much since fyi)

This post has been edited by leilei: 20 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostSixty Four, on 19 March 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

Dust Falcon I watched you stream play Wolfenstein and it was fun visiting those old levels on the game and talking about fps games is always fun xD but I would rather watch Turok so tell me if you do :whistling:

It was a pleasure having you at my stream Sixty Four. :woot: Still waiting for updates from Night Dive Studios a/b the PS4 port of Turok 1 & 2.

User is offline   Lunick 

Turok 1 & 2 officially confirmed for Xbox One http://www.xboxachie...o-Xbox-One.html

Awesome find Lunick

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Been awhile since I did it heh but here I tried to resize it I don't know why my phone takes giant photos but at least there not doors right :angry: ?

Posted Image

Also, I am giving away Turok on steam gifts here if anyone wants to try :lol: https://www.steamgif...way/iaw6F/turok

User is offline   Lunick 

Night Dive don't actually own the Turok franchise, only a license to re-release the classic games https://www.reddit.c...en_kick/d4jlxba

Cool! A Gameboy Color version? which we don't have. Hehehe
I have never played any of them, but we have 4 of them for the Nintendo 64 I see. Looks like Tomb Raider in the videos.

The Handheld games look ok for pure side-scroller shooters, but not my kind of games I suppose.

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 23 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I used to have Turok 2 for my N64 as a kid. Then my N64 got stolen along with all my games (Goldeneye, Zelda OOT, Turok 2, and Episode I Racer). Sad day. I managed to get back Godleneye and Zelda OOT when I bought a new N64, but never did get Turok 2 or Racer again. That was a fun game. I only made it past the first level, though. But it was a nice long fun level! At least, that's what it felt like at the time.

CatNapDreams you have for copies of Turok 2 for N64? Why?

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I actually think the PC version of Turok 2 is a lot more enjoyable because the framerate on the 64 was terrible as was the extreme control lag. There are some small things that you lose, like sounds playing at the proper speed and the full soundtrack, but I'm surprised it got the okay for release on 64 with that much lag.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 24 June 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

<snip>
CatNapDreams you have for copies of Turok 2 for N64? Why?
Sorry, wasn't clear on that... I see Turok 1: Dinosaur Hunter, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion, Turok: Rage Wars for the Nintendo 64. :)

I didn't cope well with having things from my childhood stolen.

I might try to play some Turok at some point... looks fun, but if the controls suck like PS1 Tomb Raider, I am not sure I can prevent rage-quit. Hehehe

CatNapDreams

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postdeuxsonic, on 24 June 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

I actually think the PC version of Turok 2 is a lot more enjoyable because the framerate on the 64 was terrible as was the extreme control lag. There are some small things that you lose, like sounds playing at the proper speed and the full soundtrack, but I'm surprised it got the okay for release on 64 with that much lag.

Huh. I don't remember it being that bad. I do remember it utilized the expansion pak.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Huh. I don't remember it being that bad. I do remember it utilized the expansion pak.

A 64 emulator I'm sure could do it a lot more justice than the actual 64 hardware, but play it with the expansion pak (this was actually the first game to make use of it) and oh my god the framerates and the control lag. I wouldn't lie to you, go play it.

• The Sarien Encounter

I would if I still owned it. It's been so long.

I will try them, having never played it, and see how bad I think it lags. Does it have to use the expansion thingy?
The Pikachu Nintendo 64 doesn't have an expansion thing in it, so I can try it both ways and see how bad it is. :)

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 26 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The expansion pak did nothing but make games more sluggish in my opinion. My brother swore to always have it enabled, but I remember preferring the games to not run like complete shit (they still ran bad, just not as bad)

There were some other games I remember like playing Perfect Dark co-op on Villa where the framerate is basically unplayable in certain places but Turok 2 I definitely remember both having a horrible framerate right as soon as you start the game even and the control lag is bad enough to where you can almost count the time between button press and response. This is all with the expansion pak by the way which for anyone who didn't own a 64, is an extra 4 MB of RD-RAM, doubling the system RAM to 8 MB so you'd think the framerates would go up, not down.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 26 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

User is offline   leilei 

View Postleilei, on 20 March 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

(Its speed has been improved very much since fyi)

moron this

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Postdeuxsonic, on 26 June 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

There were some other games I remember like playing Perfect Dark co-op on Villa where the framerate is basically unplayable in certain places but Turok 2 I definitely remember both having a horrible framerate right as soon as you start the game even and the control lag is bad enough to where you can almost count the time between button press and response. This is all with the expansion pak by the way which for anyone who didn't own a 64, is an extra 4 MB of RD-RAM, doubling the system RAM to 8 MB so you'd think the framerates would go up, not down.

Fun fact: You can't actually play the campaign and many other features of Perfect Dark without the expansion.
We always rented it and played the hell out of it growing up, and years later played it at a family friend's house and I noticed they only had basic multiplayer modes. I chopped it up to them having a weird rental copy or a demo or something. It wasn't until years later I realized its because it needed the expansion.

View PostHulkNukem, on 26 June 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Fun fact: You can't actually play the campaign and many other features of Perfect Dark without the expansion.
We always rented it and played the hell out of it growing up, and years later played it at a family friend's house and I noticed they only had basic multiplayer modes. I chopped it up to them having a weird rental copy or a demo or something. It wasn't until years later I realized its because it needed the expansion.

Yes most of the game is locked without the expansion pak. It's quite clear on the packaging. I suspect the only reason they managed to get anything working with the base memory was so people who mistakenly bought the game and not an expansion pak with it wouldn't just start up to an error and not be able to do anything. Nintendo probably told them it needed to do at least something even without.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 26 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

Apparently Turok 2 was in the works and might be coming "when it's done".
https://steamcommuni...44272220209761/

This post has been edited by LkMax: 11 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Turok 2 was always slated for next year but the fact that they are using When It's Done makes me think a different project by Kaiser is being worked on...

Still very conspicuously silent on the Turok 1 level editor, still last slated as "soon".

Turok 1 has finally got it editor just came in today

User is offline   Lunick 

(made by Marphy above)

So will both games get a physical release or just a download via Xbox Live. Hope its a physical release, just having them together with my N64 cartridges would be cool as hell! Plus I wouldn't have to worry on find a save cartridge that works, too.

• The Sarien Encounter

Don't count on it.

• The Sarien Encounter

Just bought Turok yesterday and beat it today. Also played a remake of Hollywood Holocaust on the Steam workshop. Pretty well done. Nice and detailed. I only got 3 achievements left to get. The kill 3 enemies at once with a knife, find all secrets, and assemble the Chronoscepter achievements. There were a few secrets I know I missed but could not for the life of me figure out how to find. And that 3-kill with a knife achievement is hard to get.

I really hope they release Seeds of Evil as I have far fonder memories of that game as a kid. Got it with my first N64 in 1998.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

The PC version of Seeds of Evil was fucking rad, played a lot of multiplayer back in the day. There's still a small multiplayer community for that game alive today.

This post has been edited by Striker: 31 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Two words: Cerebral Bore.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options