Duke4.net Forums: Turok Forum - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turok Forum  "New"

User is offline   Jim 

If an editor is coming, maybe it is possible to mod quicksaves into Turok EX? Those platforming sections are really hard.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That's not how editors work.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wouldn't play forming be easier on the PC with a keyboard and mouse anyway?

User is offline   Lunick 

Still dangerous 3D platforming jumps though.

User is offline   Jim 

View PostDaedolon, on 02 January 2016 - 02:39 AM, said:

That's not how editors work.

But the mapper will have to know the console command to save, right?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostJim, on 02 January 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

But the mapper will have to know the console command to save, right?

Theoretically, they would place a checkpoint prefab wherever they want in the map so you could save when they wanted you to.
However it wouldn't be possible to make a quicksave/manual save anywhere you want because its not programmed into the game's code.

Here's some Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion comic artwork I've scanned. Enjoy!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Turok3ComicCover.jpg
  • Attached Image: Turok3ComicArtwork1.jpg
  • Attached Image: Turok3ComicArtwork2.jpg
  • Attached Image: Turok3ComicArtwork3.jpg

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

View PostDustFalcon85, on 03 January 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Here's some Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion comic artwork I've scanned. Enjoy!

You may or may not know but that T3 comic is pretty darn rare :thumbsup: if you own it keep it safe. I currently can only find one available for 30$ and its been the only one available all year.

• Turok Nukem

Does it look okay or stupid hehe?? I just want to try and keep it more original then change it but a slight up touch won't hurt right heh? I like the original game but being able to do this stuff is the best... Oooh an uptouch what does that mean?? maybe up skirt?? joking ladies I love you :thumbsup:

Early comparison

Posted Image

Also, some what based on Night Strike Duke, my next project is Turok Nightstrike hehe I had an idea it struck me in the first image below it seems more like night then how it normally looks in Turok right ? :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyways, I hope I kept it old-school like with a nice touch because that's what I aimed for lol.

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 17 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

I really like the purple sky

View PostSixty Four, on 04 January 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

You may or may not know but that T3 comic is pretty darn rare :thumbsup: if you own it keep it safe. I currently can only find one available for 30$ and its been the only one available all year.

I've paid around $5.95 for it and the comic is in brand spanking new condition from Amazon. Lucky me!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 18 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 18 January 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've paid around $5.95 for it and the comic is in brand spanking new condition from Amazon. Lucky me!

Amazon is usually the best place to buy goodies like that

Wee bit off topic? Anyone jamming to Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur while playing any Turok installment?

Well if you want something cool on Turok Duke64Nukem is making areally cool map which I really can't say what it is but I know what it is.

User is offline   Lunick 

The person who loves Turok is making a Turok map, what a surprise!

it from a classic game that everyone here knows really well proply spoil alittle bit starts with a D

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 12 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostDemon Duke, on 12 February 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

it from a classic game that everyone here knows really well proply spoil alittle bit starts with a D

Duke Nukem?

Maybe :dukeaffirmative:

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 12 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Damage Incorporated!
or
Dark Forces!
Depth Dwellers!

Oh well, we will just have to wait and see...

MrBlackCat

• Turok Nukem

Another game to start with d is Doom :) lol and lunick is very surprise wow, how could you say such a thing boo. Looks like i'm arrghhhingboo again

Well I wanted to say its funny to see some posts here today at random. Today was the Turok forums 1 year birthday :dukeaffirmative: Yup its been a year since I opened it feels good got to admit. lol time sure flies. We kind of celebrated to and got a nice surprise by a member Snake Plissken. We got way over a million hits in one year not sure if that's good who cares it is for Turok xD. Just some thoughts I think there will be more to look forward to with the editor coming out soon not to mention the mods going on looking forward to keep paying for the forums lol! no really though I am pretty happy right now sorry if I sound like an ass. Just happy

Hey Duke64 can you sent me that Brutal Turok mod I would love to play it also can't wait for Usermap of yours :dukeaffirmative:

• Turok Nukem

A download for brutal turok beta 04 is going to show up here in this link below. I am helping in this project but it is Snakes mod i'm only helping though I only helped add something into beta .03 which can be seen in videos I helped with the raptor gibs and blood on raptors upon damage :dukeaffirmative: I am just so busy I am sure I will have my own full mod later I am just enjoying the ride for now its been great I am going left right up and down lol, you know the editor will release soon publicly :) Brutal Turok is great I know some things about the kex engine and its scripts there is some fresh ideas with very skillful scripting going on in this mod here.

http://www.turokforu...tal-turok-0-3c/

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostSixty Four, on 12 February 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Another game to start with d is Doom :teehee:

My second guess was gonna be Doom :dukeaffirmative:

Anyways Brutal Turok is looking good so far. :) Sadly I don't have the game on steam yet. :P But I did played Turok on the N64 before, and it is indeed fun. Same even goes for Turok 2 as well.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 12 February 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Damage Incorporated!

I fucking love you

I'D HAVE A CLEAR SHOT IF ONLY YOU'D MOVE YA BUTT!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Brutal Turok? Ok...
I thought it would be Deer Hunter for sure.
Can Brutal Super 3D Noah's Ark be next? It needs a brutal version too. :dukeaffirmative:

MrBlackCat

• Turok Nukem

Well I make turok maps for duke that's always fun its like I do 360 spins all the time its fun I definetly plan to relase the turok 3 map for dukey soon to!

For Brutal Turok well the only games the original dev of Turok mentioned was two games.Turok is very much its own game surely not another Doom clone at all! But Doom and Duke were the only games he said its only right Turok somewhat follows those steps in its own way it just fits that way. And when Turok 2 comes out we will have our other leg Turok 2 is brutal already hehe

Its fortunate Doom and Duke are there to learn from! That Brutal mod leans towards Doom some because of the Brutal slang but it is fun and will get better you can probably imagine most of the work is still testing and fun since its new and we are Duke/Doom fans :) I am a Dukey mapper at heart and it shows up in my mapping whether it is udk4 or whatever it may be :dukeaffirmative:

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 13 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

• Turok Nukem

The last update for Turok ex included support for mac now. I don't have or want a mac but hey its there now.

Well here is a new classic Turok 2 mp video :dukeaffirmative:

I sent Night Dive Studios a tweet if they're porting Turok Dinosaur Hunter to the PS4 and Xbox One. They replied that it's an "ongoing research project". I can't wait to stream Turok 1 on PS4 on Twitch.TV! :-)

https://twitter.com/...259397119766528

I got both Systems Ready ps4 and xbox one I'm ready for the Turok

• Turok Nukem

Yeah its still a thought but I mean on consoles there will be no modding (or mapping whenever editor releases) so pc would be best when it has its workshop and modding abilities. But I wouldn't mind it releasing on consoles I really hope it does I mean it was a console release at first anyways. Even I would be interested in seeing those consoles if it released on it though. Lunick posted something about the consoles earlier on nice to hear another response on that. I think its just demand honestly I think a console port has been demanded by some but its possible it hasn't been enough alot of console players are probably not interested in Turok they want new far cry and stuff like that :P It was based on demand to begin with but I question how many did it in the end for consoles... If it picked up some steam again..awesome :whistling:

Dust Falcon I watched you stream play Wolfenstein and it was fun visiting those old levels on the game and talking about fps games is always fun xD but I would rather watch Turok so tell me if you do :woot:

Demon Duke maybe if it comes on there I can finally play with you on those consoles on something hehe hopefully Duke 3D goes there with mp would be great to Turok and Duke.

Boredom and random: This is what happens xD
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options