Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Errrr... that's kinda impossible, you know. What purpose would that serve, anyway?

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:49 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That sounds like a lot of work for something that doesn't really add much to the pack, and that not many people will care about. If the year of release is known, that should be enough to give a sense of the era that the content was released.

• The Truth is in here

I was able to secure one more last-minute addition to the compilation: This year's "Haunted Nukem" by Duke64Nukem (thanks to him for his permission) also made it in! So we will have two high-quality releases from 2015 included - this one and "TamDuke".

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNightFright, on 15 December 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

I was able to secure one more last-minute addition to the compilation: This year's "Haunted Nukem" by Duke64Nukem (thanks to him for his permission) also made it in! So we will have two high-quality releases from 2015 included - this one and "TamDuke".
Not to forget Death Drive. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Jmoc 

After the launcher checks all the grp checksums, only 6 addons are selectable :thumbsup:

User is offline   Kyanos 

you probably need DUKE3D.GRP in the root folder

edit

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostJmoc, on 16 December 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

After the launcher checks all the grp checksums, only 6 addons are selectable :)
Bug reports & "help me" threads -> ***Please Read This Before Posting Problems Or Bugs.*** -> Troubleshooting EDuke32 article on EDukeWiki -> Post your eduke32.log file (in spoiler tags or as attachment). :thumbsup:

User is offline   Jmoc 

View PostDrek, on 16 December 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

you probably need DUKE3D.GRP in the root folder

I have it, Atomic Edition version. I've even tried it months ago in Linux, with no avail.

Logfile:
Spoiler

edit

User is offline   Kyanos 

in grpfiles.cache look at the checksum for your DUKE3D.GRP file. Does it match mine here?
"DUKE3D.GRP" 44356548 850326600 -46280719

If yes, then I have no clue why the addons won't load.

If no, then I think the engine won't recognize your grp file as the true game, it's probably been edited in some way.

The six addons that it will load for you now are stand alone and don't need Duke3d to run.

User is offline   Jmoc 

View PostDrek, on 16 December 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

in grpfiles.cache look at the checksum for your DUKE3D.GRP file. Does it match mine here?
"DUKE3D.GRP" 44356548 850326600 -46280719

If yes, then I have no clue why the addons won't load.

If no, then I think the engine won't recognize your grp file as the true game, it's probably been edited in some way.

The six addons that it will load for you now are stand alone and don't need Duke3d to run.

Spot-on solution, checksum was the problem, replaced grp with a recovered version, and everything runs fine!

• The Truth is in here

In general, your folder structure should look like this:

[addons]
duke3d.grp
duke3d.rts (if available)
eduke32.exe

With this setup, everything should work. Well, hopefully after 2.0. Right now, there may be some issues.

I see what I can do about Outpost X and DN64 Revisited. For any WGR2 addon it's definitely too late, especially since I dunno if I will even have time to test the original version.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 16 December 2015 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNightFright, on 16 December 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

duke3d.rts (if available)

DUKE.RTS

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 16 December 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

For any WGR2 addon it's definitely too late, especially since I dunno if I will even have time to test the original version.

So...no one has tested it? I will be impressed if it works without issues.

User is offline   Kyanos 

The original WGR2 was in the first addon release already. A few bug fixes have been done that I thought were going to go into the next release.

• The Truth is in here

I will still play at least the WGR2 campaign before I release it. That should be enough to see if there is still anything weird going on there.

In other news, I will add two more addons probably, which will be "Outpost X" and "DN64 Revisited". The latter has its permission pending by Duke64Nukem (Sixty Four) still, but I have high hopes. ^^

• Weaponized Autism

I've created the necessary patches to get the Duke Hard menu display working smoothly with the new menu code and passed them along to Daedolon for review. I'll need to push a commit to EDuke32 so that properly canceling EVENT_CHANGEMENU by setting return to INT32_MIN results in no animation.

MetHy has fixed whatever Micky C / Abstractech typos were in the mailbox in the first map.

• The Truth is in here

So actually no con code change will be necessary? Not bad. Should make things easier. If there are any map changes, just bring 'em once they are ready.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNightFright, on 17 December 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

So actually no con code change will be necessary?

No, I made non-trivial changes to dukehard3.con.

• The Truth is in here

Since we are closing in on the release date, I would ask those who are still working on stuff (Duke Hard and Grins of Divinity) to turn in their fixes within the next 2-3 days at the latest, if possible.

I am now checking the sprite resize fixes along with a playthrough of WGR2 to see if anything still blows up into my face there or not. ^^

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I need to re-check the goddamn videos but after that I can send you a pack, not just sure if I have time today, but tomorrow, sure.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I have the files here, but I think we need to just check that it works before we can pack it.

• The Truth is in here

Sprite resize bugfixes checked in all affected addons. They seem to be OK everywhere. Found three more sprites in "Infestation in Time" that needed a bugfix (grenade ammo, golden pistol ammo, red slimer egg) and added those.

If you guys have anything that still needs to be checked, just send it.

The addon compilation has updated the code and fixed several errors left by the original authors, consequently also the compatibility with many mods is increased making them every more entertaining, but many still don't know HOW do it and especially WHAT.

So I created a compatibility list complete with a table which cover all the addons contained in current version, explaining what to do in specific cases. Only Dukeplus and War Of Attrition are in at the moment.

Attached File  Compatibility list.txt (8.03K)
Number of downloads: 682

They are enough useful information to be integrated into the addon compilation readme I guess, if there is something wrong you're free to correct it.

Btw, since the festivity It's coming, is possible add at the last moment even Xmas 2015 (2014) with Countdown to Christmas? http://www.mediafire...Xmas_Reload.zip

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

• The Truth is in here

I am afraid it's really too late for last minute requests by now, folks. I know that regardless how many addons I add, people will always want more and more. We are past the point of no return by now. After receiving the Duke Hard and Grins patches, it's time to wrap this up. Otherwise I won't be able to keep the Dec 24/25 deadline.

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

• The Truth is in here

Fernando supplied me with the latest updates for FM3X. The newest version is dated Dec 21, 2015 (even though file timestamps show Nov 18, 2015) and will be included with the compilation.

Other than that, I am currently playtesting WGR2. It looks quite good, no gameplay-related problems. One thing, though. I am not sure if the blue chests are supposed to be visible without Spirit Goggles. This occurs when using model replacements in Polymer (I know, I should use Polymost) instead of voxels. Any idea how to fix this (in case it's not meant to be like that, ofc)? --> See attached screenshot for example.

Model defs are like this:
// Chest (337/342-346)
model "models/chest.md3" {
   scale 16.5 shade 0 zadd -0.1
   skin { pal  0 surface 0 file "models/chest.jpg" }
   skin { pal 20 surface 0 file "models/chest_20.jpg" }
   skin { pal  0 surface 1 file "models/chest.jpg" }
   skin { pal 20 surface 1 file "models/chest_20.jpg" }
   frame { name "FRAME1" tile 337 flags 0 }
   frame { name "FRAME2" tile0 342 tile1 346 }
   anim  { frame0 "FRAME2" frame1 "FRAME14" fps 12 flags 1 }
}

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options