Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostNightFright, on 04 June 2021 - 04:22 AM, said:

I'll bring back the Mega repository, but only next week.
I dunno how far I can push the script, but in a perfect world, a multi-selection menu should allow you to choose which of the addons you want to download. Might be messy with that amount of entries and just a command line-based script, though. This cries for a GUI.

Yeah, that would be great but I don't know anything about that sort of thing. At least until someone comes along who does, the repo will be a decent, if mildly inconvenient, way to access the fixes. It's certainly better than nothing.

Thank you.

User is offline   ETPC 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 05 June 2021 - 03:35 AM, said:

From what I can see in the videos, this button does open this door but it is timed, you have to rush back and it seemed as if the timing was relatively tight ...

yup! that was totally it.

User is offline   ETPC 

i've completed episodes 1 and 2 of oblivion but portal base in episode 3 has an invisible maze in the dark with a hurt floor and i can't figure out how to navigate it without cheating. is there a hint ingame or am i just supposed to slam my head against it until it works?

edit: looks like there might be a broken effect? the pedestal is supposed to show the path by looking through the glass but it dosen't display correctly on r7395. can see it here https://youtu.be/FiGhg0CT7Fs?t=231

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0028.png

This post has been edited by ETPC: 10 June 2021 - 03:37 PM

View PostETPC, on 10 June 2021 - 03:04 PM, said:

i've completed episodes 1 and 2 of oblivion but portal base in episode 3 has an invisible maze in the dark with a hurt floor and i can't figure out how to navigate it without cheating. is there a hint ingame or am i just supposed to slam my head against it until it works?

edit: looks like there might be a broken effect? the pedestal is supposed to show the path by looking through the glass but it dosen't display correctly on r7395. can see it here https://youtu.be/FiGhg0CT7Fs?t=231

Since you have the video you can do this.

Personally, since I always play the secret version of this level, I never found a way to do it, however, I ran a small test and discover a little something. Basically, if you start getting hurt, you're screwed.

Basically, the normal path has your character "lit", and pitch black (and hurt) when off-track. So as long as you're lit you're safe can continue, but you should instantly reload your save if you're getting hurt. Because there's no way to go back on track when that happens.

Otherwize you can do the secret version of the level which doesn't include this puzzle if you really hate it.

Hope this helps a tiny bit ^^

BTW, for those who want the immediate help without the video >> Attached Image: Sans titre.png

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 10 June 2021 - 10:30 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

alright, i got past that. now im stumped in E3L5 (Temple of Illusions Part III). zaxtor never uploaded a video for this level as far as I could tell, and im stuck in the pyramid section. i have no clue what to do next.

edit: nevermind. it was an extremely small, nearly transparent shootable button on the pillar. the journey continues.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0029.png

This post has been edited by ETPC: 11 June 2021 - 01:39 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

in e4l3, what do you do once you have used the yellow card to shut off the force field? completely stuck.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0034.png

View PostETPC, on 16 June 2021 - 01:30 PM, said:

in e4l3, what do you do once you have used the yellow card to shut off the force field? completely stuck.

I hope I didn't make it too hard to read ^^

Attached Image: duke0002.png

However, once you will reach the end, with the room where a rude Fossa who tells you to "find the arround it hole and shoot it", I won't be able to help because I just NEVER EVER found what in the living heck you're supposed to do there X_X

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options