Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

"The Army of Death" has been updated to add missing sounds (yay, finally something that was my mistake, EDuke32 is not to blame for this).

Update now:
1) Get the new base pack (12 MB)
2) Download updated "armydeath.grp" from the repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 March 2021 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

i'm trying to test DukeVR but, honestly, some of these puzzles are baffling me. specifically green 4 and red 2. i can't find solutions for either on youtube. i *think* i understand what it wants me to do, but the second shrinker part in green four and the entire puzzle in red 2 are just, i'm not sure *how* to do it and i'm not sure if it might be a physics thing?

This post has been edited by ETPC: 01 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

• The Truth is in here

I think it's safe to say DukeVR works, no matter what. These maps are so bare-bone in their structure, it's impossible to screw them up with any port update. Killing mobs is sometimes tricky, if not impossible.

User is offline   ETPC 

ok, i'll skip it for now then. gonna *try* to play through oblivion

• The Truth is in here

Good luck. I never got past the start room of the first map. Sure, Oblivion is Zaxtor's masterpiece (RIP), but his "cryptic" level design has never been my cup of tea. The scope of the entire project is still extremely impressive due to its sheer magnitude.

Tbh I would be VERY surprised if you make it through all the episodes. I mean, even if all maps still work with latest EDuke32 snapshots, which is highly unlikely, you will probably still not make it due to the complexity and weirdness that came straight out of Zaxtor's twisted synapses. Hard to tell at times whether a map is glitched or it is working as intended.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 March 2021 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

Layre: i stuck at E1L1. I found 5 of 6 secrets but still stuck. The map itself looks raw and unfinished, i don't even know if it's beatable.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 19 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

Merc 2 - just minor glitches.

Savior of Alien Era, second map, can't climb up here:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot_20210323_011408.png

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 22 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   jimbob 

290 enemies? man, i need to step up my game :eek: :blink:

The Final Confrontation - beatable, playable, no glitches found.

In Savior of Alien Era that was my fault, i forgot to press button. Playtesting continues...

Savior of Alien Era:
Maps 1-5 - playable, beatable. Map 6 - unsure. Also there are many ways to softlock in maps 5 and 6, some of them can be bugs of EDuke32, some - bugs of the maps. Maybe i can't beat map 6 because i'm already softlocked?...

Don't know if you plan to make the addon compilation Raze compatible, but I've tried to run the .grps file included in the mega folder (so the updated versions i guess) and these are the working addons:

25th Century Duke
Acropolis
Age of Evil
Alien vs Predator (some troubles with music, plays the previous track you've listened)
American Assault
Critical Mass
Dukeland
Duke Tournament
FM4X
God of War
JJ Duke Nukem 3D
Layre
Lost Highway
Merc: Fatal Reality
Quest for Hussein
The Christmas Project
The Chronic
The Lost Duke Episodes
Total Meltdown Remake (Plug and Pray episode crashes when you start it)
Xarthec Invasion

P.S: I don't know if the truly work, I've not played them with Raze, just ran them to see if the crash at start

This post has been edited by Blood Vengeance: 11 April 2021 - 07:44 AM

• The Truth is in here

That would surely be something I would put to the very end of my to-do list, especially right now when we are still looking into problems with more recent EDuke32 builds. Again, it's called EDuke32 Addon Compilation for a reason.

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options