• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Wip] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown  "Full mod, not lite version"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 14 April 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

To get the credits right: Daedolon, Fox, Hendricks, Nukey and Oasiz. Special thanks to Joshua. Music remixes by Mark Knight. Did I forget someone?

TerminX.

With regard to the photo, he modified grayscale tinting so that it "corrects for the human eye".

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

So...will this be seeing the light of day soon? :D

User is offline   Joshua 

Thanks for mentioning me Fox.

I just wanted to say that I found the missing flying sprites while playing around in the Quirk Of Fate level and ripped the rest of the missing sprites, so the player sprites are complete. You probably already have the frames from Nukey's graphics rip, but I decided to upload my rips anyway to the resource community stockpile thread.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 16 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yeah, Nukey managed to get art out of the PMP blobs, also in every palette.
It even includes some more weird cases where they mirror flipped some textures in order to save space.
Tons of levels had their own "space saving" versions of textures.

Plan is to have these out all at once when the DN:TM itself goes out. (Raw art / audio / maps.)

There have been some mandatory touch ups on these, especially maps. Mostly because there are some minor differences in the engine.
Anyway, all of this will be available, "untouched" and then the ones with more edits to make them usable / more modding friendly.

Although thanks for releasing those rips!
That is definitely not the most fun way to obtain graphics, considering what the emus are :D

how goes the progress with the mod?

User is online   Lunick 

Nice bump

User is offline   Mark Knight 

• Total Meltdown Composer

View PostFox, on 14 April 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

To get the credits right: Daedolon, Fox, Hendricks, Nukey, Oasiz and TerminX. Special thanks to Joshua and MusicallyInspired. Music remixes by Mark Knight. Did I forget someone?

Music mastering by Mark 'TDK' Knight :)

and perhaps my URL in brackets as well please? (http://www.flitkillsmoths.co.uk)

Cheers,

m

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 02 June 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

how goes the progress with the mod?

As of today - and as an outsider of the project - I see the actual release date much further than 1 year ago.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Further? I'd imagine it to be closer since there was a teaser for the DNHTTC released recently.

User is offline   NNC 

View Postgerolf, on 02 June 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

Further? I'd imagine it to be closer since there was a teaser for the DNHTTC released recently.

What's DNHTTC? (Sorry for ignorance, but haven't visited this site frequently of late)

View PostNancsi, on 02 June 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

What's DNHTTC? (Sorry for ignorance, but haven't visited this site frequently of late)

Duke Nukem: Hail To The King Collection. it was a collection of Duke games from the original Duke 3D Atomic game, plus expansions. and the Duke Nukem 64 mod and the Total Meltdown mod

Hopefully the mod will be released soon.

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 03 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

is there any new news about the mod?

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 06 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I figured out loop points for most of the soundtrack.

User is offline   NNC 

Bump. Can we get some status update? The waiting and the promises almost reach DNF level (considering the project's size).

I agree, what's the status for this thing?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Technical issues. :D

View PostFox, on 07 September 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Technical issues. :D

what happened? i hope this doesn't end up getting the Duke Nukem Forever curse of taking forever to be made & released. i'm assuming this project needs more people in hopes to get this out there quicker

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 07 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   NNC 

I would be happy if we get the maps, sounds and art only. Well, with the cons for the new enemies.... I think these have been finished by now. The problem might be that Fox and co. want this thing get released only in its original PSX form, but that's stupid. I think most of us don't care about the cutscenes, the modified (ugly) art for existing items like trashcan or enemies, and neither about the useless modification in the item bar, and such... only the new episode. And keeping that away from us, who play this game for ages in a bit unfair, at least after the videos and the whole project had been revealed years ago.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 08 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

i think that the PC version of the mod is actually ready, but it's not being released cause it's being held up due to the android version. which to me is really stupid. if the PC version is ready then stop holding it hostage like and release it. and while people are playing the PC version, the android port can be worked on and released in the collection it's gonna be apart of

I agree with Nancsi, it would be better to release the episode itself and then wait to add all the new psx features in for future releases. We don't want to see this go through development hell like DNF did. In the end theres really no harm in doing this, the only difference would be that everyone would be playing the episode much earlier than expected without the new features added in.

We're not trying to be mean or anything Fox, but don't just wait until you have everything finished just to release it all, if you at least have the eduke or non-eduke versions ready, then release them, it's utterly pointless to delay them. Though I have to say, the psx art is ugly and to see that rather then the original duke 3d art would kinda suck. the shrinker had a glowing black square attached to it, the freeze thrower would turn blue when firing it, and the psx art itself was symmetrical, ugly and choppy.

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 09 September 2015 - 09:05 PM

User is offline   Fox 

If it makes you feel better, at this point I am also annoyed.

if i may say. i've been waiting to play the Total Meltdown mod for a good while now, and it was promised to be released ages ago. but ever since the hail to the king collection was announced, that delayed the mod even more. which honestly is a stupid move. last time i saw progress on the mod for PC. it looked ready to go. so by all means Fox. if the PC mod is ready. then release it already. and i think another problem is being short handed, not having much help. i'm sure if you'd release the stuff, then modders would gladly help out. and this could be made into like a community project to bring TM out much faster while the android port can be worked on

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It wasn't completely ready on those shots but it was close. Trust me, Fox has done a kickass job getting all the things together, outside help won't speed things up at this point. Also, android and PC actually go hand in hand, they are essentially the same for the most part.
At the moment me and Daedolon are planning to get some evening free in the next few days and hash through the technical details from our end and go through a bit of the history as well.
This would include some early reverse engineering results and go through our work flow, leading up to stuff that Nukey found later on (which he will likely fill in more later) along with various tools that Hendricks / Daedolon / Me hacked together in order to crack that dreaded PMP :D

Might be hard to believe at this point but we really want this to be out there as well !
Terribly sorry that the wait has been so long.

hopefully all goes well and the mod sees the light of day to be finally released. i'm really looking forward to play Total Meltdown on PC with better controls and stuff on EDuke & Megaton

User is offline   xenoxols 

Question, will there be an option to play without the weapon tiles being super low?

I've been looking forward to checking this out. Rented Total Meltdown back in the day, never played the new levels. The one with references to Pulp Fiction and whatnot sounds fun.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 10 September 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I've been looking forward to checking this out. Rented Total Meltdown back in the day, never played the new levels. The one with references to Pulp Fiction and whatnot sounds fun.

I still have vague memories from my completion of the plug'n pray episode, but music i remember vividly since i still to this day listen it every now and then :D

When the wait is over, you won't be disappointed because psx episode 4 is just awesome.

User is offline   Fox 

View Postxenoxols, on 10 September 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Question, will there be an option to play without the weapon tiles being super low?

No. At first I thought about not even including the lower resolution graphics, but upon further consideration I realized that it would be for the best to get closer to the original as possible. The reason is because some lower resolution graphics are user in the maps or affect the gameplay (i.e. the Drone and Battlelord are of different sizes), and there's no way to objectively separate what should or not be included.

This post has been edited by Fox: 10 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

User is offline   xenoxols 

I'm not saying don't use the low-res stuff, I just want an option not to use it.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options