• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Wip] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown  "Full mod, not lite version"

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Precisely.

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

I found the right coding and entered the cstator 2 and thats what did the trick for all the explosions. Nice!

Thanks for the help. :)

anything new to report bout the mod? any possible release date?

User is offline   NNC 

One year anniversary is coming!!1

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

No dates.

But I believe that the android release is basically on crunch mode ATM.
For PSX release itself: Final missing CON features are being implemented in to eduke32 itself and actual packing has already started.
Currently it's simply a matter of cleaning up a "to-do" list.

Also, sorry to ruin it but one year has already passed since this project already appeared on "what are you working on" before this thread even existed :lol:

Perhaps an update on the progress?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Working on it all day.

i recently saw the video about the hail to the king collection where it talked about the Duke 3D game as well as the expansions, and even the Duke 64 & TM mod. hopefully that's a sign of the Total Meltdown mod is coming really, really soon. like in a few days soon

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMav3r1ck, on 30 December 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

So how far along is the Dosbox version?

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 30 December 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

and the EDuke version as well. any news on them?

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 16 January 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

anything new to report bout the mod? any possible release date?

View PostMav3r1ck, on 17 January 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

Perhaps an update on the progress?

So impatient, tsk.

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 29 January 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

like in a few days soon

View PostHendricks266, on 29 January 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

So impatient, tsk.

lol. well pardon me, i'm just wanting like so many other to play this mod. i thought we were suppose to get this mod at the end of last year. i mean we've seen pics and videos of this mod and it looks good and ready to go. so i don't know what the hold up is, and we just don't wanna see Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown mod to go through development hell like DNF did

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The mod isn't finished, we're still implementing EDuke32 features relating to it.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 29 January 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

i recently saw the video about the hail to the king collection where it talked about the Duke 3D game as well as the expansions, and even the Duke 64 & TM mod. hopefully that's a sign of the Total Meltdown mod is coming really, really soon. like in a few days soon

like in a few years soon.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

When it's done.

Fuhahaha-hahaha. I'm such a funny guy. Posted Image

Ah... kill me.

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark Knight 

• Total Meltdown Composer

I've not forgotten you guys, it's Mark Knight here. I've got a good process on re-mastering the music. The only issue I have is not being able to find non-compressed versions of the DN arrangement tunes. The original â„¢ tracks are fine.

Also, I MAY have some extra speech recordings like "I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter" - will need to check that later.

m

View PostMark Knight, on 02 February 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

I've not forgotten you guys, it's Mark Knight here. I've got a good process on re-mastering the music. The only issue I have is not being able to find non-compressed versions of the DN arrangement tunes. The original â„¢ tracks are fine.

Also, I MAY have some extra speech recordings like "I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter" - will need to check that later.

m

The music composer of Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown?

Welcome to duke4.net Mark Knight!

Mark Knight, your music for TM is a masterpiece!

Even though it's been a long time since TM was released, the music you made for it is still just as good today as it was back then. It was the second Duke game I played after 64 and I just loved the music and I even had it converted for usage on the original Duke 3D. Though the original music was good, your version was what I was used to.

User is offline   sergey808a 

I've not forgotten you guys, it's Mark Knight here. I've got a good process on re-mastering the music. The only issue I have is not being able to find non-compressed versions of the DN arrangement tunes. The original ™ tracks are fine.

Pleased to welcome a living legend, the music for DN:TM is unmatched, and is suitable for the game even more than the original. I use this music for eDuke32 and even sometimes listen in my mediaplayer. This music create a unique atmosphere in the game, I will be glad to hear something like that again. Good work.

This post has been edited by sergey808a: 02 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

the music from Total Meltdown was indeed quite good to listen to. i got it playing for the Duke Nukem 64 mod. i like both the Stalker themes, like dance party clubing music. i think those 2 songs as well as Mental Heavy 2 & Chemicals Fuck Your Head are my favorites from the game. the Chemicals song reminds me of this 1 song from 1 of my favorite games. they sound somewhat similar like in a way

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome :lol: Interesting to hear your thoughts on the music as it always came across as Marmite as the time.. You either loved it, or hated it! The Europeans tended to like it more than those across the pond....

So I'm just remastering the music for this mod. Unfortunately all of the original sequence data was lost right at the end of the project due to a massive hardware fail on both the computer and the backup disks (I was using Zip disks and experienced something called 'Click of Death' which rendered them all useless).

I did start however to remake a couple of tracks - and

Take care,

m

View PostMark Knight, on 03 February 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Take care,

m

those were quite awesome. i even like the Stalker remake one. the Chemicals Fuck Yer Head song. reminds me of another song. not Duke Nukem related, called The Mech-Mother

User is offline   Jblade 

Definitely a huge fan of the PSX version's soundtrack, it's great to see that you're still around! :lol:

View PostJblade, on 03 February 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

Definitely a huge fan of the PSX version's soundtrack, it's great to see that you're still around! :lol:

Thank you! :D

Not only around... but working on my first full OST since Dungeon Keeper 2 back in 1999... the next Formula 1 game ;) - https://soundcloud.c...eak-ost-credits

User is offline   Lunick 

Thanks for talking to us here Mark, I always thought Echo and the Harewoman was my favourite track from Total Meltdown aside from the Stalker remake :lol:

User is offline   sergey808a 

View PostMark Knight, on 03 February 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Take care,

m

Cool remixes, thank you. Waiting new tracks.

This post has been edited by sergey808a: 03 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I've not forgotten you guys, it's Mark Knight here. I've got a good process on re-mastering the music. The only issue I have is not being able to find non-compressed versions of the DN arrangement tunes. The original ™ tracks are fine.

I've received the files you added to the shared Dropbox folder. If I'm reading this right, I spy two tracks (Starlight and Untitled) that have never before been released. :lol:

I think I can speak on behalf of Duke fans worldwide: Thank you for putting the time and effort into this!

There is one thing I would like to ask you: Could you also share all the "old masters" in WAV format? I ask because the PlayStation's audio format is not ideal for preserving the original state of the tracks. For one, the XA format is 37.8 KHz, for some reason I may never understand. On top of that, it is also ADPCM, which is lossy by nature. The new masters are bumpin', but the preservationist in me wants to make sure we have the originals too.

I'm excited. ;)

Yep, two tracks I'd forgotten about, one which is probably more typical DN than anything else but for some reason didn't get used.

I've found the PC tracks as well. Looks like I turned Pissed! Into some strange reggae track... Which was never used either.

Sure you can have the originals as well, but I'll let you do the editing as they're all in 3 large renders off the DAT tapes :lol:

m

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Awesome to see you here, Mark! Your official support and efforts into this project are very much appreciated! The TM soundtrack was never my favourite to be honest, but it is quality work regardless and I did used to listen to the Stalker remix all the time!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 February 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Awesome to see you here, Mark! Your official support and efforts into this project are very much appreciated! The TM soundtrack was never my favourite to be honest, but it is quality work regardless and I did used to listen to the Stalker remix all the time!

Thank you - yeah, very happy to support this :lol:

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Hah, never would have though back when I joined RE'ing the levels that it would lead to this.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to go trough this !

I really liked the tunes in PSX duke as well, not just a simple MIDI slapped trough some fancy synth and call it "CD Quality music".
Slight genre / bpm twists make the tunes so refreshing to hear.

I've seen "Mark Knight" pop up a couple of times in finland in some posters, is that actually you ?
Tivoli and Waterland* comes to my mind, posters caught my eye as I was just working on early stages of reverse-engineering this format.

That pizzed remix sounds really interesting, it's actually one of my favourite tunes since it's so laid back and chill.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 06 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options