Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] DNF 2013 DLC LEVEL PACK - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] DNF 2013 DLC LEVEL PACK  "3 more maps, 2 new music tracks, one new weapon!"

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Perro Seco most of those things are fixed now, re download please! ;)

User is offline   Bloodshot 

jesus christ the detail in the stadium is outstanding, I can't remember the last time I was so impressed with the graphics of a 90s game.

I would kill for the entirety of duke's original levels to be remade in the same standard of quality as that stadium map.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Trivia time!

View PostLoke, on 23 November 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Yeah, that's what I did during map testing. I'd slow down after each jump (and then try and kill every enemy but I quickly realized what a waste of time that was ;) ) and then they'd be incredible hard to pull off since your speed is so slow compared to when you're jumping out the car garage window. Either way, you're actually supposed to go through that in one go though. Despite that I think this is the best map in the DLC, so much fun just blazing through everything.

Originally Davox had it so you lost all your weapons at the start of the bike map, which means you couldn't fight anyone until the Stadium one where you slowly got your weapons back. I managed to convince him that the final level is more fun with the greater selection of weapons granted by retaining those from level 1 (and because some of the secrets in my level would be pretty redundant if you lost the weapons shortly after). Of course there'd be people who'd try to fight the aliens at first but as I suspected they would give up pretty quick Posted Image

View PostPerro Seco, on 23 November 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

It looks great, but there's two serious bugs in the first level: a large sector with lotag 1 and no water, and the brown enemies shrunk me forever in the quake area and I had to restart the full level... There's lot of little visual bugs too, and I don't know why the river isn't accessible, it would be nice to swim on it.

But hey, the rest of the map looks awesome!

The river isn't accessible because it can't be tagged as water or the bike wouldn't work over the sprite bridge. There might have been other things to do to get around this, but the current option seemed the most consistent.

I found the "super" secret on the first level ;)

Also not sure why it popped into my head, but I feel like this track from Fallout 2 would've really fit the first level

User is offline   Gambini 

Thanks guys for pushing the mod to the top ten at moddb again!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hell yes! ;)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Direct link here: http://msdn.duke4.net/DNFDLC.zip

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

shamelessly promoting hits to a map hosting site since the link in the op works just fine:
Download

actually providing a review and screenshots to promote hits:
http://www.scent-88....fdlc/dnfdlc.php

This post has been edited by Forge: 24 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Direct links from our own server are better... they'll probably still work in a couple of years.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Played through the DLC a couple of times and, after reading "DLC README.txt" and realising the amount of time and effort you've invested into this (if it wasn't obvious enough), thought that I might as well say thank you for everything.

I loved the "tall canyon" section, Born To Be Wild as a whole (the best 3 or so minutes I had in a long time) and DavoX's reinterpretation of Stadium a.k.a Duke Dome.

It's a shame that, according to the readme, DavoX quits from mapping for Duke. All I can say is good luck with your future projects! ;)

User is offline   xMobilemux 

This was just awesome, make more!

User is offline   Gambini 

Nobody quits duke... ever

• el fundador

People live, people die, and then they come back and make another Duke map.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostTerminX, on 24 November 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Direct links from our own server are better... they'll probably still work in a couple of years.

How about a direct front page? ;)

• el fundador

If somebody wants to volunteer to do news articles on mod and map releases, that could definitely be done! Do you have any particular screenshots or media you'd like to include?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well I've made my own trailer but it would be available tomorrow since I'm not at home right now. About the news article I guess we could include Mikko's article on moddb if that's ok with him.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Posted to front page. Fantastic work guys!

Oh wow, the video you used was the one I made :D

Also I find it kind of funny that when you beat the stadium it plays the duke3d ending, in which the stadium now looks worse than the actual game ;)

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 24 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Did anybody manage to beat the motorcycle level under 3 minutes? My personal best in 3:02, while the video someone made a few days ago had an almost flawless 3:00 but over it.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 25 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I could try but I doubt it ;)

Yatta thanks for bringing our dlc to the front page!

This post has been edited by DavoX: 25 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Just beat the main campaign and the DLC levels. Awesome stuff!! The bike levels were a ton of fun. And the remade stadium was fantastic! Loved everything about all of this! It was the best Duke fun I've had in a long time.

If there are any more DLC packs in the future I'd love to compose a track for one of the levels...

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

User is offline   neoacix 

Because I like it so much, I reuploaded it to my server for some direct link redundancy (german server):

DNF 2013:
http://intrinia.de/stuff/duke/DNF.rar

DNF DLC 2013:
http://intrinia.de/s...duke/DNFDLC.zip

Will there be for ages...

This post has been edited by dpax: 25 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks MusicallyInspired and dpax!

• el fundador

I showed one of the videos on YouTube that runs through "Born To Be Wild" to Scott (Miller) and he thought it was amazing. Good work, guys!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That's awesome TerminX!

Here's a trailer I've just made, hopefully you'all like it! I also updated the first post with it:

User is offline   MetHy 

Finally got around to beat this.

2nd level was horrible. On the 2nd or 3rd roof (the one where during the jump 2 tramway cars cross at the same time), if you brake while on the roof, you're fucked and can't do the jump. Miss it once, and you're fucked and have ot restart the whole level. After around 10 tries where I couldn't reach the next roof because of the lack of possible speed (and some in which I even ended up INSIDE the tramway cars), I said "fuck this shit" and decided to use DNCLIP for the rest of the level.
That map looks really cool in terms of scenario but gameplay is awful, too unforgiving. Plus at first before starting the bike I decided to kill all the enemies. Well, what was I thinking? Actually playing at killing the enemies? Sorry, that level won't let you do that, I ran out of ammo at the START of the map. In that level you have to pussy out and just run away. Duke is a pussy running off on his bike instead of klling the aliens, that's not what I call Duke Nukem. It just felt lame to have to run away from all those commanders. I did kill the liztroops by foot though and hoped, dear god HOPED, that they dropped ammo. Too bad they don't drop health because I would have hoped for that too, which the map doesn't offer either.

3rd map was great. Great fighting, great level design. Level layout and progression was basic Duke Nukem usermap stuff but I won't complain because the architecture, detailing, texturing as well as sprite work, shading and gameplay, kicked ass.

Overall : a mod that kicks ass on the 3rd map. 1st map is good but feels rushed. 2nd map looks good but it's all pointless when the only gameplay you have is running off and trying to make jumps that are impossible to make if you brake a little or miss once.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 26 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I had a great time on the second level. I had problems when jumping off the ramps on the rooftops (specifically the one where you need to sharp turn left after jumping and then jump perfectly to the next building right off the ramp, took me a dozen tries before I actually made it). I actually took the longest on the first level. I had killed pretty much everything and was confused about where to go next
Spoiler

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Bloodshot, on Nov 25 2013, 06:31 AM, said:

Oh wow, the video you used was the one I made :D

Could you explain why your Duke hands are wearing gloves while driving the bike? I thought that only the new shotgun had a replacement for Duke's hands (or hand, as it only shows one, lol) ;)

Edit: Nevermind. I guess that, if he is the one behind the shotgun replacement (as he stated in a post), he must have modified all Duke's weaponry so that hands wear gloves.

This post has been edited by RhaiNukem: 28 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostMetHy, on 26 November 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Finally got around to beat this.

2nd level was horrible. On the 2nd or 3rd roof (the one where during the jump 2 tramway cars cross at the same time), if you brake while on the roof, you're fucked and can't do the jump. Miss it once, and you're fucked and have ot restart the whole level. After around 10 tries where I couldn't reach the next roof because of the lack of possible speed (and some in which I even ended up INSIDE the tramway cars), I said "fuck this shit" and decided to use DNCLIP for the rest of the level.

Your post intrigued me so I just went back to the map and tried every jump braking before and I could make them all sucessfully. Of course a straight line isn't always recommended , sometimes you have to build momentum by going around a corner and then straight to the ramp. But I see what you mean.

That map looks really cool in terms of scenario but gameplay is awful, too unforgiving. Plus at first before starting the bike I decided to kill all the enemies. Well, what was I thinking? Actually playing at killing the enemies? Sorry, that level won't let you do that, I ran out of ammo at the START of the map. In that level you have to pussy out and just run away. Duke is a pussy running off on his bike instead of klling the aliens, that's not what I call Duke Nukem. It just felt lame to have to run away from all those commanders. I did kill the liztroops by foot though and hoped, dear god HOPED, that they dropped ammo. Too bad they don't drop health because I would have hoped for that too, which the map doesn't offer either.

Unfortunately the map is only there to offer a different way of playing and was meant to be played that way. I'm sorry to didn't like that, At least you got to enjoy the other 2 maps ;)

3rd map was great. Great fighting, great level design. Level layout and progression was basic Duke Nukem usermap stuff but I won't complain because the architecture, detailing, texturing as well as sprite work, shading and gameplay, kicked ass.

Thanks man I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

jumps that are impossible to make if you brake a little or miss once.

It isn't impossible but Maybe it's because I'm the one with the most practice on that map :D (although braking and then jumping I didn't do much I admit)

This post has been edited by DavoX: 26 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostDavoX, on 26 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Of course a straight line isn't always recommended , sometimes you have to build momentum by going around a corner and then straight to the ramp. But I see what you mean.

I only tried on a straight line the 2 first times. After that I did go around the corner to build as much momentum as possible. Tried that almost 10 times like I said. Apparently Amund got problems with that jump too.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options