Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32-OldMP - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDuke32-OldMP

User is offline   uh . . . . 

The Rush Back map is the map in the video of the first post that showcases co-op, so it should work. I tried other maps that are regarded as co-op compatible.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I have a pack of 36 maps modified for CO-OP. Rush Back is one of them. My plan is to finish at least 60 maps and host a server with a continuous cycle of CO-OP maps when the new netcode is finished. I could upload them in the meantime if anyone wants.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Whoo-hoo!

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostRadar, on 01 July 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

I have a pack of 36 maps modified for CO-OP. Rush Back is one of them. My plan is to finish at least 60 maps and host a server with a continuous cycle of CO-OP maps when the new netcode is finished. I could upload them in the meantime if anyone wants.

When time will come don't forget to drop the address here :)

This post has been edited by Mateos: 01 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I have a pal who needs to get some stuff in order before he uploads it on his site. I don't know when that is going to be, so here you guys go in the meantime. Tell me if you find any problems with the playability of the maps.

Attached File(s)

Wow, thanks. I hope to test out these maps with a couple friends tonight. So, Rush Back wasn't co-op compatible initially? The video in the first post showcased a map that wasn't normally suitable for co-op?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Truthfully, the original Rush Back has a spawn point for only 1 partner in CO-OP. Anymore than 2 people in that map will cause the extra players to spawn dead permanently. Obviously, that's one of the things I fixed in my version, allowing up to 8 players at once.

I really think one of my best converts was It Lives. The map in its original state had zero support for co-op. I added a ton of teleports that activate by touchplates. They save a ton of time and prevent the annoyance with dying over and over again. Not to mention I added some subtle gameplay changes to better match the co-op environment.

I hope Gambini doesn't kill me.

This post has been edited by Radar: 01 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

We're able to spawn now, but monsters STILL won't show up for us. For any co-op map, by the way.

This post has been edited by uh . . . .: 01 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

After the game starts, go into the menu and select new game. Select the desired skill level and then restart it. I would recommend turning off friendly fire while you're at it. Shame on Hendricks for not setting up the client arguments to work with EDuke32.

This post has been edited by Radar: 01 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Just did a little bit of co-op with a friend playing Nam using Yang and Eduke32oldmp, it worked really well. Fun game.

User is offline   Elvisish 

I only joined to tell you how stoked I am by this build, absolutely flawless, I had no idea such an incredible multiplayer eDuke32 there was. I usually CO-OP with duke3dw as it works the best (better than JFDuke, etc) but this is perfect in peer-to-peer mode, Master/Slave caused instant out of sync, but P2P is spot-on. Is there a linux build for this/are there any quick instructions on how I can do an x64 compile? if not, who cares, love it!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostElvisish, on 19 July 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Master/Slave caused instant out of sync

Woah, huh? Explain further.

This post has been edited by Radar: 19 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I know I'll get slayed for this but... have you asked for permission before modifying the maps?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You'll get slayed? Oh no, I'm sure many will agree with you. Read the readme file. It fully explains my stance on it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Master/Slave caused instant out of sync, but P2P is spot-on.

M/S is known to be broken, but if your connection speed supports it, P2P is superior anyway.

Is there a linux build for this/are there any quick instructions on how I can do an x64 compile? if not, who cares, love it!

You should be able to compile on Linux from source. Check the instructions here: http://wiki.eduke32....Duke32_on_Linux They have changed since the version this build is based on, so check the page's revision history if you have problems.

I'm not sure what the status of 64-bit on Linux was at the time of this version. There is definitely no 64-bit Windows build possible. Either way, the bitness is not important considering that the Classic renderer is highly recommended for this build.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

According to Yang's master server message:

"*News* - The current most stable adaptation of EDuke32, made for playing Duke Nukem 3D online on Windows. More changes are required in order to make that work on other platforms.
This specific build of EDuke32 was originally adapted and tested on Windows only - http://yang-online.com/eduke32.htm"

I bolded the parts in question. I'm pretty sure I posted a screen back when it said it could be compiled on Linux. That part of the message has since been removed. Maybe because some people have been having trouble with it?

This post has been edited by Radar: 19 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I haven't heard anything directly about that or any requests for help. I don't develop on Linux myself (yet, simply due to lack of a Linux install) but I can still help. I worked on Mac OS X support of mainline EDuke32 builds without ever touching a Mac, besides one at my high school for five minutes to make the icon file.

I can't troubleshoot if I don't have reports, people.

User is offline   NY00123 

Hey,

While there are *very* great chances it simply won't work as expected, here is a minor attempt at making OldMP run on GNU/Linux. Be warned that, as I've said, this may fail to work at all. In fact, I have tried no more than a (really) short single-player playthrough in a few portions of E1L1...

Anyway, here are steps to follow for GNU/Linux users (and possibly users of other platforms as well):
1) Download EDuke32-OldMP (v20120912 sources) and extract the archive's contents to a clean directory.
2) Apply the patch attached to this post. (Its file extension is "txt" simply because the forums do not allow me to attach a file ending with ".patch" or ".diff".)
3) Build sources from the "polymer/eduke32" subdirectory using the "make" command. You need the usual development tools. At the very minimum (Ubuntu talk, possibly Debian too), you want these packages: libsdl1.2-dev, libsdl-mixer1.2-dev, build-essential. The package libgtk2.0-dev may be worthwhile for some, too.
4) Note that EDuke32-OldMP seems to look for a grp file with the UPPERCASE filename DUKE3D.GRP, rather than lowercase duke3d.grp.
5) Start ./eduke32-oldmp.

If things don't work:
1) Try running an up-to-date version of "normal" EDuke32 first, either from https://svn.eduke32.com/ or a recent tarball found at http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/.
2) Note: The packages from http://apt.duke4.net/ (or any other repository) may be out of date. Please download from SVN (or Synthesis) and try that.
3) Ensure the directory ~/.eduke32 has *nothing*, except for eduke32.cfg, duke3d.grp and DUKE3D.GRP. (Valid symlinks should be OK.)
4) If you can, before trying out EDuke32-OldMP make sure that "normal" EDuke32 runs with 8-bit color depth (software renderer). And yeah, for now you may need to give up fullscreen.
5) In such a case, ensure that whenever you start "normal" EDuke32, the software renderer is the last selected renderer.
6) Finally, right before starting EDuke32-OldMP, ensure that the OldMP directory does not have anything that you have possibly added manually (like CON files), except for the eduke32-oldmp executable (and related).
7) If it all fails and you still want this working, well, I guess you can still try and debug (and possibly modify the sources), I suppose :P

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by NY00123: 27 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

this is something me & radar did. i made the video. EDuke32-OldMP works great. played it lots of times with people online. from co-op's to dukematches

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 15 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

User is offline   WhiteWind 

View PostNY00123, on 26 July 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Anyway, here are steps to follow for GNU/Linux users (and possibly users of other platforms as well):
1) Download EDuke32-OldMP (v20120912 sources) and extract the archive's contents to a clean directory.
2) Apply the patch attached to this post. (Its file extension is "txt" simply because the forums do not allow me to attach a file ending with ".patch" or ".diff".)
3) Build sources from the "polymer/eduke32" subdirectory using the "make" command. You need the usual development tools. At the very minimum (Ubuntu talk, possibly Debian too), you want these packages: libsdl1.2-dev, libsdl-mixer1.2-dev, build-essential. The package libgtk2.0-dev may be worthwhile for some, too.
4) Note that EDuke32-OldMP seems to look for a grp file with the UPPERCASE filename DUKE3D.GRP, rather than lowercase duke3d.grp.
5) Start ./eduke32-oldmp.

I tried to compile it on Slackware64-14.0 and got errors. Seems that you must add -ldl for new version of gcc or glibc.
I made a few changes and here is my patch.

• Weaponized Autism

Where is your patch?

User is offline   Nudek 

Some amusing conversations and further readings about Radar's self professed grandeur (again lol).

I think there are some people who don't know what Piracy is, and are just internet fanboys who wanna sound cool. Then bullshit feeds bullshit.

See you online Duking!

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh hi Nudek.

User is offline   WhiteWind 

View PostHendricks266, on 06 September 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Where is your patch?

Oops. I don't know where it's gone.
Here it is: http://pastebin.com/jkY7K3D5

If it disappears again, PM me

EDIT:
Shit, I've found some mistake in patch. At line 36 it should be 64, not 32. It's not critical though.

This post has been edited by WhiteWind: 26 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

User is offline   Nudek 

View PostLunick, on 26 September 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Oh hi Nudek.

Hi.

User is offline   neoacix 

I'm wating for the new eduke net code... and this thread keeps me waiting for it some reasons more....

User is offline   Elvisish 

I just built this on Linux Mint 13 on x64, works well for me, has both patches installed, enjoy.

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

This post has been edited by Elvisish: 26 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Really loving this Hendricks, I got a P2P LAN setup here. Anyways, I had one weird crash just now, it happened after a map vote, the laptop F1 is binded to some stupid HP help shit so it windowed out, then when we got it back to the game it crashed just as the map loaded. Windows gave me an error report I snipped a pic of, it's got a line number even ^_^
Attached Image: Capture.PNG

• Weaponized Autism

That's an assertion failure. The game was making sure 0 < numsectors < MAXSECTORS, but it wasn't, so it aborted. I don't know how that would have happened.

User is offline   DarkDuke 

I'm having a problem with the oldmp build of EDuke32.

I can connect into a game using Dukematcher, but my friends cannot. I think it has something to do with this log here:

EDuke32-OldMP Release 1 20120912
Application parameters: -name DARKDUKE /s3 /l1 /v1 /c3 /t4 /net /p23513 /n1 108.243.228.173:23513 
Respawn on.
Network mode: peer-to-peer
addsearchpath(): Added C:/Games/eduke32-oldmp-20120912 (1)/
Loading opengl32.dll
Loading glu32.dll
Initializing DirectDraw...
Using config file 'eduke32-oldmp.cfg'.
Scanning for GRP files...
Using group file 'duke3d.grp' as main group file.
Compiling: GAME.CON (151190 bytes)
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (45482 bytes)
Resizing code buffer to 16215*4 bytes
Script compiled in 35ms
Compiled code size: 16207*4 bytes, version 1.4+
Pointer bitmap size: 2027 bytes
1916/11264 labels, 303/2048 variables
125/16384 quotes, 0 quote redefinitions
0/88 event definitions, 207 defined actors
mmulti_unstable: Using port 23513
mmulti_unstable: Peer-to-peer mode
mmulti_unstable: Player 0 at 108.243.228.173:23513
mmulti_unstable: Using 0x340 as client ID
Waiting for 1 player...
Connecting to 108.243.228.173:23513...
Connected to 108.243.228.173:23513 (id 0x340). 0 players left.
mmulti_unstable: ERROR: Two players have the same random ID!
mmulti_unstable: ERROR: Please restart the game to generate new IDs.
  ...closing socket...
UDP net deinitialized successfully.
Network transport initialization failed. Aborting...
Initialized 32.0M cache
RTS file DUKE.RTS was not found
Initializing OSD...
Using keyboard layout 00000409
Initializing DirectInput...
  - Enumerating attached input devices
    * MOUSE: Mouse
    * KEYBOARD: Keyboard
    * JOYSTICK: Generic   USB  Joystick  
    * OTHER: HID-compliant device
Joystick has 5 axes, 12 buttons, and 1 hat(s).
Failed setting joystick dead zone: DIERR_NOTFOUND
Setting video mode 1440x900 (32-bit fullscreen)
OpenGL Information:
 Version:  3.3.0
 Vendor:   NVIDIA Corporation
 Renderer: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
Cache contains 0 bytes of garbage data
Initializing music...
Initializing music...
Initializing sound...
Initializing sound... 96 voices, 2 channels, 16-bit 44100 Hz
Executing "eduke32-oldmp_binds.cfg"
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
Cache time: 28ms
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
E1L1: HOLLYWOOD HOLOCAUST
AMMO FOR PISTOL!
PRESS OPEN TO RESTART LEVEL
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
Cache time: 18ms
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
E1L1: HOLLYWOOD HOLOCAUST
AMMO FOR PISTOL!
PRESS OPEN TO RESTART LEVEL
UDP net deinitialized successfully.

Uninitializing DirectInput...
Wrote eduke32-oldmp.cfg
Wrote eduke32-oldmp_binds.cfg
Uninitializing DirectDraw...

I'm using Windows XP SP 3. We tried it more than once, the new player ID isn't generating properly.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options