• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDuke32-OldMP

User is offline   Juras 

do not use shotgun - definitely pro game

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Well well. Look at what just got uploaded to the front page of http://dukematches.net/ . EDuke32-OldMP is listed under "How to Play". There were quite a few Dukers playing it today on Duke Matcher. People are really curious this time around. Maybe this is what EDuke32 needed all this time: a separate fork dedicated to multiplayer that isn't being updated every day.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Except it spell wrong. But I guess it doesn't matter... :lol:

Yeah, because I were spelled eDuke32 and someone(I forgot who) corrected me it's wrong...

eduke32 oldmp is kind of broken tried using a controller had it like the xbox version matches later the setting got mess up my controller setting was erase is there away to fix that also when trying to turn left it turns weird

This post has been edited by The Duke Returns: 15 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Can hardly understand a thing you wrote. It might help to use actual sentences with punctuation and not a string of half random words.

Posted ImageYou know I'm just going to get off of this fix it myself

This post has been edited by The Duke Returns: 15 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

User is offline   Juras 

just tested this release online, it's looking good so far... noticed only some sounds issue

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMicky C, on 15 June 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Can hardly understand a thing you wrote. It might help to use actual sentences with punctuation and not a string of half random words.

Allow me to translate:

DA CONTROLLA SHIT DUN BROKE MICKY C!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Anyone got an HRP pack running with this?

• Polymancer

Holy Shit, this is amazing! Load up anything, get a couple of mates and play on Damn I'm Good - it's insane.

Me and the boys loaded up and played through the first 4 levels. It was a blast. Nobody could believe how fast paced it was compared to modern games.

All three machines were Win 7 64 and we were playing vanilla.

The game was rock-solid. We played through all 4 levels and didn't have a drop or even a bout of lag.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 20 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

Well, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is also fast-paced :3 And there's still xDuke around, until the client/server archi is done or until this release got no bug (Dunno if it's planned to be fixed temporarily?) :lol:

User is offline   Replica 

View PostHendricks266, on 01 June 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

This port has one purpose and one purpose only: to provide a usable EDuke32 in online multiplayer in the interim of the completion of the client-server rewrite.

Hendricks266 this is very good, you have done an excellent job.
I hope you keep up the good work to fix the sound issues in it.

I have added a small guide on the main YANG website: http://yang-online.com/eduke32.htm

Since it's the most stable version to play multiplayer EDuke32 within this moment of time, I think it's a good idea that anyone that plays using EDuke32, should be using this version until the netcode is fixed.

I also think a new player came back to playing Duke lately that uses Joystick.
EDuke32 I believe has full joystick support?

Is it possible also that someone can compile some binaries for Mac OS X and Linux for the public so they don't have to compile it from the source?
Then Mac users and Linux users can play games together with Windows users natively instead of being limited to who they can play with because of what operating system they are using.

Good job.

Is there any chance of making the HRP works on this? I have tried the recent 5.2 and the latter 4.0 versions.. No go.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

<TerminX> the last thing anyone playing multiplayer with one of those sync based multiplayer builds wants is for people to load the HRP and cause every player to lag every time a texture loads

• Polymancer

Unreal Tournament and the Quake series somehow manage it.

The controller port works it was just my controller that I had, I switch controllers and it works No problems

This post has been edited by The Duke Returns: 21 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

May be handled client-side and not network-side, but said this way sounds strange. Maybe loaded textures affects the computer enough, some priority, so the network is halted until all the ressources taken by the loading are available again?

User is offline   leilei 

Those mentioned games don't require syncing with every player and are irrelevant, unless it was a listen server of Q3A or UT for example and the host player is browsing through their player model list, and the loading time required for each would affect the connection for every player, and typically the games precached everything on load (especially Quake in which there was no possible way to load another model/sound after the map has started). You can't have clients cause lag for every player if they decide to switch a model. They'll just send less packets while the server keeps going feeding it up to the other players. This is another reason why client/server shines.

Q3A particularly loads the new player model from another player only when you're viewing the scoreboard (often case, being dead.). This is deferred loading.

I'm mentioning player models since it's the only thing you can load in a started game of UT/Q2/Q3A, unlike a renderer which loads as soon as you see something.

This is why using the cache-heavy HRP with the p2p Eduke32-OldMP is a very bad idea. It is the modern equivalent of having several 8MB 486DX2 66s do a Dukematch LAN game with a 32MB Pentium 100 player experiencing frustration.

This post has been edited by leilei: 22 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Has anyone successfully used the HRP for this? I have tried on my side with no luck. The models are messed up for some apparent reasons. I know an old netcode EDuke32 does work with HRP version 4. However this EDuke32 (from 2008) has sound issues.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

They aren't sync based, so no, they don't.

I never thought I'd say this, but... leilei gets it. :lol:

User is offline   Juras 

damn those sound issues are very annoying :-/ is there any fix for this?
edit: this invetory display looks neat and useful(on the left), can someone add this to the eduke code? Posted Image

This post has been edited by Juras: 24 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hey Hendricks, host a room with Yang. You might enjoy the message you see. :)

• Weaponized Autism

I can't host anything behind my university dorm connection. Ports won't open.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJuras, on 23 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

damn those sound issues are very annoying :-/ is there any fix for this?

I'm not sure what you expect by "any fix". There is definitely nothing the user can do to remedy the situation. There isn't any "hotfix patch" floating around either.

On the other hand, the issues aren't present in current EDuke32 versions, so the issue was either fixed somewhere between the revision OldMP is based on and now, or it stems from the fact that I Frankensteined the newer audio library into the older game code. I gave up on fixing it when I originally worked on it because the problem wasn't apparent. If I hear requests from more people to look into the sound, I'll dig up the original PMs where I worked on this and take another look.

View PostJuras, on 23 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

edit: this invetory display looks neat and useful(on the left), can someone add this to the eduke code? http://fissile.duke4...ots/hrp_rpg.jpg

What are you going to request next? Player skins? Instant replays? Bloom?

This kind of HUD is best available as a CON mod, and in fact if you had checked the URL of this image you would see that it is a screenshot of one of Trooper Dan's mods. In theory you could ask him to isolate it into a CON mutator, but I'm not currently planning on backporting support for that to OldMP, and I'm not sure how worth it it would be to the DukeMatch "scene" considering that hDuke checksums the hell out of everything to make sure absolutely nothing is changed.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

:)

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

I can't host anything behind my university dorm connection. Ports won't open.

You may try a VPN software :)

User is offline   Juras 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 June 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

What are you going to request next? Player skins? Instant replays? Bloom?This kind of HUD is best available as a CON mod, and in fact if you had checked the URL of this image you would see that it is a screenshot of one of Trooper Dan's mods. In theory you could ask him to isolate it into a CON mutator, but I'm not currently planning on backporting support for that to OldMP, and I'm not sure how worth it it would be to the DukeMatch "scene" considering that hDuke checksums the hell out of everything to make sure absolutely nothing is changed.

Posted Image
Hduke has something like this and from my knowledge many guys use it.The reason why i switched from xduke to hduke was tiny details like fraglimit, force respawn, support for team dukematch, this mini hud, diplaying message who killed who, didnt really care about checksums, anticheats and other stuff.
edit: in fact would be glad to see this mini hud from hduke, just thought the other hud from eduke mod looks awesome.

This post has been edited by Juras: 25 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

User is offline   Juras 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 June 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you expect by "any fix". There is definitely nothing the user can do to remedy the situation. There isn't any "hotfix patch" floating around either.On the other hand, the issues aren't present in current EDuke32 versions, so the issue was either fixed somewhere between the revision OldMP is based on and now, or it stems from the fact that I Frankensteined the newer audio library into the older game code. I gave up on fixing it when I originally worked on it because the problem wasn't apparent. If I hear requests from more people to look into the sound, I'll dig up the original PMs where I worked on this and take another look.

yeah I did notice recent synthesis dont have those issues that's why i was asking about somekind of fix or dont know, so far i was testing eduke-oldmp with 3 guys and we all noticed sound issues not sure if usermap players bothers this, guess i ll have to ask some of them because nowdays they are mostly playing on this version.

User is offline   uh . . . . 

How come user maps don't work? I tried the rush back map and others but the other players would spawn where I am and die from the collision and can't respawn, and the monsters won't show up for co-op in usermaps. Everyone in-game has the usermaps folder detected in Yang, but it's unplayable.

User is offline   Mateos 

Is there several spawn points, in other words are these maps MP compatible?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options